Project Vision 2001 LS

River not river :lol:

Glad to see you didn't forget about this. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Hello Anthony,

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I am particularly interested in seeing how you approach
grafting your rear bumper. I will be following this thread as you
update it.

I am also working on my own version of bumper grafting mods.

IMG_5012640x480.jpg

Ren/Octane

For the rear only, I'm going to line the bumper with foil. Then the inside if the new part as well. I am then going to glue potting foam bricks to the bumper. I will shave them til the part sits close to correct. The ls is wider so I am going to cut it in half down the center. All the bridging will be done with sheets of fiberglass mesh, backed with metal mesh for strength. I am going to have to fab some mounting brackets for the new piece. After the bumper addition is resined and sanded, I will then cut away the lower section of the bumper away, and mount the new section. One thing I will also be doing is making aluminum underbody plates to replace the plastic ones that will no longer fit. Or just aluminum extensions.

All the bridging will be done with sheets of fiberglass mesh, backed with metal mesh for strength.

This is a portion that I am going to have to do also. Cut the
new bumpercover in half, trim it down to size, then bridge it back together.

What type of material is your rear bumpercover made of ?
PPO, SMC, TPO or ABS ?

Bridging two pieces of SMC with resin is no problem. But what if the bumper
material is made of Petroleum based substance? Do you think resin will
adhere properly or long enough to hold the bumpercover together
through years of daily use and vibration ?

Ren/Octane

That's why I am using mesh to back it. And I am going to heavily resin the gaps. I really have no idea how it will hold up. Chances are good it will be fine because the piece aim am using is also fiberglass. It will be the strongest part of the whole bumper kit. I hope.

I know the existing bumper isnt, but I may put a weather strip in-between the two pieces. I need to see what they look at seam to decide if I am going to go seamless or not.

Are you going to top off that RICER with duel fart pipes ? That go pblap pblap pblap when you step on the throttle ! ROFL. Just kidding homie !

sorry to post this but ShortCircutLS someone really said that about the 3.5? it a 3.9 andit shakes when I push on the gas in park hahahahahahaha sorry hahahahaha thats one of the funniest posts ive seen

Is this poster still around? Would like to see how the side skirts & front lip turned out.

July it will be 2 years. I hope he has made some progress. It would be nice to see pictures of something. He was suppose to have the spolier done end of July 2010.:confused:

Okay guys. I know I dropped off for a bit, but I am still here. My brother moeved some stuff back in my garage, I had a slew of pathfinder issues (radiator, tranny, uvc, brakes, battery lead, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, (both), timing chain cover gaskets, and 1 tire. )

Long story short I am back in the game. My 06 pathfinder is running strong, thanks to all that work being under power train warranty with the exception of the tire. So, I will be finishing all this work. This car is no longer my daily driver and is going to be out of commision for at least the next year.

I am also now going to have to replace all the timing chain components as well and will be fully pulling the motor so I can work on some other issues I need to fix.

Short list of whats done. -

Lower bumper trim fitted and hanging in garage. Still needs to be fiberglassed to the original bumper.

Spoiler is painted and on a shelf. Wiring ran in trunk. Pattern made for drilling. Haven't drilled yet.

Side skirts are stretched, and glassed. Still need sanding, primer, and paint.

Haven't started rear piece yet.

I know have three different grills. Two rear surrounds.

Installed HID's with euro clears. All intake components are done. Exhaust is on a shelf, new starter on a shelf, and some other odds and ends.

more to follow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back