Price to repaint front bumper.

Dave 88 LSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Few month ago when I used to park on the street, someone decided to double park next to my car backing into it. Front bumper is scratched up pretty badly and the headlight is scraped as well. They realized 13 inches into it that something is wrong and stopped, scratch stops and dips a bit making a perfect upside down U. Needless to say I have to clue who did this. Had I known, I would not be writing this because I would either have his insurance pay for it, or I would be in jail.

I am just glad it didn't get to a fender.

A shop I had work done on my Benz 6 years ago wants 450 to repaint the whole bumper. Saying, triple layer Ivory Pearl paint is expensive and hard to match.
Another shop wants $350.
I am sure none of them will remove the bumper to work on it. They will just mask things up and go to work on it.

Whats a fair price for a bumper respray, Ivory pearl.

Thanks.

Its probably closer yo yhr $450-500 range. For that amount they should be oberhauling the bumper, whoch means taking it off and removing the licrnse plate bracket. Speaking of the license plate bracket, you need ro have them paint that at the same time also so yhere is no paint difference. Being a tricoat you may have color issues with the grille and fenders but a n experienced painter should have no problem matching it pretty close.

Local shop painted my front and rear bumpers on my LS for $804 and it included complete removal/instalation of both bumpers as well.

Had I known, I would not be writing this because I would either have his insurance pay for it, or I would be in jail.

+1

I think I paid 350 for my 2 stage paint, I took the bumper off myself though.

bump.jpg

Ok so $350-$450 sounds just about right?

I am gonna go with a $350 guy who owns a shop a few blocks away from my place. This way I can drop it off one day and pick it up the next. I know its never gonna look the same and it will not be a perfect match, but what can I do. Car was perfect until this happened.

I'm just glad I have a garage now and I never have to park it outside anymore, plus I get to hand wash it now, garage has a hose. For $190 a month I am glad it has a hose with water in it.

$350 isn't bad at all. You're never going to get a perfect match, especially with a 3 stage, but nobody's going to notice it unless you tell them or they're specifically looking for it.

Just got mine back no charge to me but total with try coat paint r&r sent the bumper to keystone to be striped and refinished was about $2000.

I just wrote an estiamte in my mitchell estimating system and if we were to do it, it would be $608.48. That includes removal, 1 hr of repair, 3 stage refinish, and reinstallation. The only way it could possibly be any less if the shops labor rate is less than ours, which is $50/hr, or they plan on cutting corners. Believe me, if you have to pay a little more money for a nicer job, it will be well worth it in the end.

I paid 450 for both covers on the old 94. That was material only with me doing the labor.

Paint is expensive boys.

I am sorry but that is just insane. I wouldnt pay more than 350 for a bumper repaint.

I paid 800 to have my 92 LSC painted a year ago. And this is what got painted.
Hood, top half of the fenders, rear trunk. Clear coat was peeling.
Quality of work is top notch. Matching of color is almost perfect. Reason I say its almost perfect is because I know it was painted and I am very anal when it comes to paint. Id say a tiny bit of blue tint is missing from the deep jewel green paint, and this is only noticeable under bright sun and looking at an angle. Again only because I know my car and love it to death.

k9t8m, whats Mitchells say about r&ring a drivers side fender and painting the new one to match while it's off (all in, including a used fender)? Thanks :)

Give it a few years.

That money saved will show its self.

If you look back in my history here, you will find a thread about my 95's repaint. I have reciepts for over 1800 dollars. That is material ONLY. This was also Lesonal which is a midgrade line from akzo Nobel the makers of Sikens.

I'm sure that your car looks OK. But things will start showing up a lot sooner than if you had invested in quality paint and or materials.

Mike

k9t8m, whats Mitchells say about r&ring a drivers side fender and painting the new one to match while it's off (all in, including a used fender)? Thanks :)

what color? if its not black you will need to blend the color to the door to ensure a good color match.

if you dont already have a fender, you may have a hard time finding one from a salvage yard. your best bet is to buy one from a local member parting out a car.

Just got mine back no charge to me but total with try coat paint r&r sent the bumper to keystone to be striped and refinished was about $2000.

sorry but i call complete bull:q:q:q:q on anyone paying 2 grand for the bumper to be stripped and painted

what color? if its not black you will need to blend the color to the door to ensure a good color match.

if you dont already have a fender, you may have a hard time finding one from a salvage yard. your best bet is to buy one from a local member parting out a car.

It's my garnet red one. I did get a fender from a member here, but the shipping comany screwed it up bad :( I'm still looking...

Members online

No members online now.
Back