Pretty cool phone call

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
phone.gif

20120819_143952.jpg

About 4 months ago while going through the glove compartment on my prairie tan I come across the maintenance booklet behind the owner's manual.

In the first page was written the original owner's contact info & address.

I told my wife one day I would call the original owner to let him know his car is still alive.

Yesterday while driving over to my mother's house I did just that. I grabbed my cell phone & dialed the number.

I told the man (senior) that this would be a very weird phone call to him & that I was the proud owner of a 1997 prairie tan Lincoln Mark VIII. The man went crazy. He was so happy to hear that his car was not only alive but in the condition I described it.

He explained to me he purchased it brand new from Longwood Lincoln Mercury now named Parks Lincoln. He bought his first Lincoln there in 1981 & purchased his last Lincoln in 2010. He isn't happy with Ford's desicion of discontinuing the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/Town car.

He purchased my Mark VIII at age 50 in 1997. He owned it until 2002 when he traded it in back to Longwood Lincoln with only 33,000 miles. He purchased a 2002 Lincoln Towncar which he owned until 2010. Just 4 months after owning his '02 Towncar he encountered his first air ride issue & took it in for repair. He asked his salesman what ever happened to his Mark VIII. He told him he sold it himself to a retired Marine which makes perfect sense because that's exactly who I purchased the car from. I think this was a great phone call for both him & I. He got the news that his car is alive & well & owned by a "car nut just like me!" as he put it & I of course got to learn the roots of my car's past. Florida car all its life & 3 really good verifiable owners counting myself.

I'm very happy! Not too many ppl can say that about their car(s).

phone.gif

20120613_110636.jpg

Nice story. wonder if he wants to see it now.

Mine isn't near as good. Bought from the original owners daughter after he passed away. original Arizona car shipped to Maui in 98 with 8k miles.

Just ran into a guy at Five Guys Burgers. Has a 98 with 58k on it. Got it with 24k on it from his Grandmother that bought it new and is now 102 years old. lol.

I've thought about driving my car back over to the ladys house I bought it from. I think she would love to see it again. The car was very sentimental to her since it was her mother's who passed away, she had a hard time handing the keys over when I bought it, also before I drove off she made me give her a hug lol.

That's a wonderful story!
KeVIIn: you should definetly do that!
Unfortinetly I cannot take my car back to the previous owner because he passed away before I even bought the car. A friend of his took care of the car until I bought it from him.

I've thought about driving my car back over to the ladys house I bought it from. I think she would love to see it again. The car was very sentimental to her since it was her mother's who passed away, she had a hard time handing the keys over when I bought it, also before I drove off she made me give her a hug lol.

That's sad dude! I think it's common to hear about former Mark VIII owners passing away due to the age range that used to purchase them when brand new.

I had a blue on blue '93 that also belonged to a gentleman that passed away. His son sold it to me after holding the car for 10 years. His wife finally convinced him to get rid of it.

Thats also why I decided to make that call to prevent it from being too late.

Members online

Back