Possible to fix cracks in bumper?

Ghaleon64

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Practically the only flaw with this car when I bought it in April is that the passenger side bumper has a crack in it. Looks like the previous owner smashed into something. Fog light is off center too. But the bumper has a nice crack in it that runs along the bottom, is this fixable at all? I tried searching for bumper cracks without much luck...

Practically the only flaw with this car when I bought it in April is that the passenger side bumper has a crack in it. Looks like the previous owner smashed into something. Fog light is off center too. But the bumper has a nice crack in it that runs along the bottom, is this fixable at all? I tried searching for bumper cracks without much luck...

It all depends on where, how big who's doing it. In most cases, it's less expensive to just replace the bumper. Try www.bumpers.com.

can it be fixed? sure... with enough money. the real question is whether or not its just cheaper to get a new bumper.

Small cracks can be covered up with a bumper repsray.

Larger ones...well you need a new bumper.

06 sport. It's dark now but I'll take a couple pics in the morn. :) Thanks fellas!

Alrighty, sorry it took so long, busy day! Here are a few picks:

100_1185.JPG

100_1186.JPG

100_1187.JPG

sell it...J/K.
I would epoxy / JB weld from the back and touch up paint the front... Cheap and easy

^^^^ x2

I wouldn't use epoxy though, it will crack and break off within a month or two with the bumper contracting and expanding.

I have a crack on my front bumper as well - about 4" long. I used liquid nails:pL 400 and some touch up paint. It's been holding up for about 6 months now. You can't even tell there is a crack there, unless you know it's there.

Holy batman! What happened to your bumper? Did you drive behind a dump truck dumping gravel?

Do what 05 LS8 did or you can have a shop sonic weld it, that's fancy talk for plastic weld.

Nice, thanks fellas! Glad to know it's not so bad. Any thoughts on cost? And all the little rock chips were there when I bought it... Also have to understand that those pics are pretty close up! Which begs the question: Is it possible to fill those in somehow? :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back