Polling Town Car Owners

What era T/C do you have?

• Total voters
85 LTC

I like the fact that I tore off the bulls*** CFI and put a 2BBL on it. Plus the HO headers and dual exhaust make it just a little bit faster than it used to be.

Black87LSC said:
Just wondering who has a Town Car, what year, options, etc. What do you like best about it, and what do you not like about it?
Hey y'all...:waving: I have a 2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series. Now I feel much older than I am....41 going on 67, (the average age of a town car buyer).:D
I do own an '88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC still, but I loaned it to my daughter, and I'm thinking about letting her have it, but I loved that car.
I was attracted to the '98 & up Town Car style though, and it was all over after the test drive....I bought it. I don't know if it was the smell of the fresh 1 owner non/smoker leather, or the sheer elegance of the total package that persuaded my senses that I really do love a classy cruising platform. I mean, what's not to like about one of the last rear drive, V8, American behemoth fine
luxury autos?
But one thing I don't get is the options thing. You would think that a Town Car of any "series" would be top of the line, and would come with all available options without having to search for a used one with as many options as one would preferr to have. That kinda sucks... like AM/FM cassette in any 2000 model car, but you can have a CD changer in the trunk for another grand?
That's my only gripe so far about the purchase, but not enough to pass up a good deal on the car. I'm very happy overall with the total package...smart looks, especially the front end...sexy, classy, and mean looking all at the same time, although, I kinda feel like I work at the local mortuary now...(the rounded sweeping hearse-like rear roof line) or a chauffer of the local limo service.:D

Well, there are a couple other things that seem wrong to me, the lack of gadgets and gauges on the dash, but, it's not suppose to be a sporty car, just an easy to drive, comfy, quiet, classy cruising platform that will keep Grandma & Grandpa less grumpy after their 15 minute drive to church, or to the many wakes they might attend, or to the doctors office, etc...

OH GOD!! WHAT DID I DO?!?! :joke

Nahhhhh....I LOVE IT!! Just for what it is. If I wanted power, I would've bought a Cadillac STS or SLS or Eldorado. Those things are really cool by me, but front-drive is just more PITA than I want to deal with. Who wants to unbolt motor mounts and jack up the engine just to replace a $20.00 water-pump every year? Been there, done that. Or clunking CV-shafts after too many spirited land speed record attempt launches? Rear drive for me baby.

The likeable things about the 2000 Town Car far outweigh the minor nuances that can easily be remedied by the average car enthusiast. You want a 5.4L 32-valve Navigator engine? Find a wrecked one in the junkyard and swap it out, with the computer and wiring harness of course. The aftermarket has plenty of CD changers to choose from. Paint color is all up to your imagination and wallet,(or skills). Wheels are made by a million manufacturers. Personalization is unlimited, although some go overboard. The car could easily be ruined without careful consideration.

Anyway, I think the Town Car is awesome the way it is, classy, refined, and pleasurable to drive....the way a Lincoln is suppose to be.

Cheers!:Beer P.T.

Oh, here's a pic of my new baby.

2000 Town Car.JPG

I love my '84 Town Car except for the throttle body, I want a carb set up, it is 2-tone tan on light tan with tan leather interior, 4-door, I also have a '77 continental all black with black leather interior, 2-door, I want another but can't afford it,town car buyers are all ages I'm 16 cot the TC at 15 and future willed the Continental at 14, gift from aunt(still living)favorite cars out of 11 delete wrong year

I love my '84 Town Car except for the throttle body, I want a carb set up, it is 2-tone tan on light tan with tan leather interior, 4-door, I also have a '78 continental all black with black leather interior, 2-door, I want another but can't afford it,town car buyers are all ages I'm 16 cot the TC at 15 and future willed the Continental at 14, gift from aunt(still living)favorite cars out of 11

I own a 97 tc and I must say, ive owned a stang, an f-150 and I loke this one the most. Very comfy, tons of options (mine is the sig series). I think the best feature is the 4.6L. The worst part about it is theres not too many mods for this particular era. If you know of a site where I can mod some stuff on this ride, please share.

I have a 1986, 1985, and 1987 Towncars.

My favorite thing about these cars is the super smooth ride, people hauling abilitites, and tons of hiding spots.

I don't really like the gas mileage. Mine has a lotta problems, but thats' just this car.

I am kinda new to this forum, so I should introduce myself. My name is Mark, I am 19, and I have a 1997 town car. It has everything I could ever want. It has a sunroof and all of the signature options and some cartier options. It has dual exhaust, autodimming mirror and compass, congressional town sedan half top,and 16" wheels. I got a panel for the cd changer from the junk yard so if I want to put a cd changer in, it will look like it was done at the factory. The only thing I did not like was it did not have heated seats. I bought the heated seats online and installed them myself. Best move I made. Today, it was -3 degrees out and the car did not warm up quick, but the seats did. It was so nice:D Besides the manifold, all I needed to replace was the battery so far. It is from Florida and is rust free so far. This is its first winter.:eek: Some things I do not like are the gas mileage and power. I get 13.5 city. I saw a 94-96 cadillac brougham next to me at a light. When it turned green, he was half way down the street. It seemed a lot faster than the town car. If only the town car was a little faster.

2064926_25.jpg

2064926_21_full.jpg

Members online

Back