Polling Town Car Owners

What era T/C do you have?

• Total voters
Black87LSC said:
Just wondering who has a Town Car, what year, options, etc. What do you like best about it, and what do you not like about it?
02 lincoln town car sig series
love the power and the smooth ride. trouble free car
A little more detailed from the inside would be nice.

im thinking of selling my 96 Town Car w/67k. Im also selling a 95. Want to combine $$ and get a 98+Cartier L.

I like my 96, black on gray signature. Miles are low for the year.

Your poll doesn't allow me to select all three decades...I own Lincolns from all of them. The 70s are, in my opinion, the cars most above "lesser" cars in comfort and luxury. For example, there is a lot of difference between my '70 Torino and my '70 Lincoln...the Lincoln is MUCH smoother and quieter. But to compare, say, a new Taurus to a new Town Car...not that much difference in ride and quiet. That is a problem for all luxury cars these days...the cheaper cars are much better than they used to be, and there is little to justify buying something more expensive. As for reliability, the 80s are the best, the 70s second. The problem with the 90s is all the electronic stuff gives problems as the car ages. I have endless sensor failures in my '95. For longevity, though, the 80s are the poorest, an interesting contrast to their being so reliable in day to day use. The 302 just doesn't last as long as the 460 from the 70s or the 4.6 from the 90s. For gas mileage, give me a newer one any day. I just drove my '78 convertible conversion from Georgia to Canada, and it got 13 mpg on the highway, and one fill-up cost me $55. :slam

We sold our '89 Gucci model, but still have a '94 Sig, a '96 Cartier and an '03 Sig. In the poll I voted '90's because they out number the '00's in our family.

And I would add that, IMHO, '94 and the '96's are the better cars (quality wise, ride wise, etc) then the '03 we have (that, to me, looks more like a Toyota).

I would have to agree somewhat with RB3. We had three 1977's (at the same time). Two were 4 door sedans (Leather Interiors), and one was the "Town Coupe" (Valour interior). All had 460 cu.in. engines. On a long trip we would almost always use the two door because the Valour interior was so very comfortable when riding for quite a few hours. All, though, were outstanding vehicles to ride in. Gas mileage? Everyone of these would average 10-11 mpg, no matter what. They'd cruise over mountains, accross flat lands with outstanding ease - but, no matter what, 10-11 mpg.

I would disagree somewhat on the 80's models because the 302's had a hodge podge of "junk" hanging on the engine to meet the pollution restrictions - with the advent of the 4.6 engine they're so much cleaner running and the newer transmission is soooo much better than the older AOD. Our oldest car (the '94) now has 167,000+ miles on the clock and all I've ever had to do was normal replacements like spark plugs and wires (one set only at 100,000 miles), tires, battery, alternator, and both rear air springs and air compressor (at the 100,000 mile mark). The right door lock motor went ouut at 146,000 miles, and I replaced the power steering pump at 134,000 miles (started seeping oil a bit). But that's all since the car was new. The only sensor problem was the throttle position sensor (cost $22 at AutoZone) and I clean the MAF wires with alcohol/swab every couple years on ALL vehicles (doesn't matter what make car you have) for best performance. OOps, almost forgot, cleaned the EGR valve once because I read where it was a good preventive maintenance thing (when I looked at it though, our EGR valve had almost no build up inside - probably because we do 80% Freeway driving at higher speeds).

The '96 has 75,000 miles on it and I've replace the plugs and wires once, a battery at the 5 year mark because it's the "smart thing to do", also one set of tires (I never let tires wear down to the wear bars). But this thing is also like the "Battery Bunny" as I expect from these model Lincolns - they just keep on running and running and......

Black87LSC said:
Just wondering who has a Town Car, what year, options, etc. What do you like best about it, and what do you not like about it?

I drive a '97 and my wife, a white '99. Like pretty much all Town Cars, ours are loaded with all of the goodies.

As far as likes, I love the smooth and extremely quiet ride. The luxury is also very nice. The seats are like fine furniture and you're surrounded by elegance.

I also like the reliability of a Lincoln. My wife and I have driven nothing but Town Cars for nearly thirty years and in all of that time, we've never experienced a major problem and have never been stranded by our vehicle. hat says a lot to me.

I Have 1977 Lincoln Town Car Williamsburg Edition. It Is Loaded It Even Has Factory Cb Yes Cb Not Cd. Mileage Is 61,1xx And Talk About A Smooth Ride.

Had an 00 Town Car, was great car, never had any problems with it,
only went to the dealer once for sticky electric windows in front. I
liked the ride, smooth as glass. At that time every road here was
torn up, or poorly repaired for growth. You had to have a smooth
riding car, or you got shaken to death.

Earlier this year, bought an 04 Ultimate, it has every option known of,
including the navigation system which works great. Bought this one
as a Demo unit, because they could not find anything similar in an 05.

Prior to the Lincolns had an SUV, and Impalla SS, Mercury Grand Marquis
had 3 of them.

This 04 TC has a much stronger motor, moves good for its size, and
the ride can not be beat.

ive got a 99..

i was thinking i didnt like it for a while.. but it was just because i was so used to the 90 i had.. i love this car..

powerful, smooth riding, quiet(except for that damn squeaky hood), i love the body style.. it looks really aggressive and sporty, yet refined, luxurious and understated all at the same time. you can look at it from one angle and see one thing, take a step to the side and you get a whole new impression.. i like that. its not like a toyota camry that looks exactly what it is.. a midsized economy sedan with basic boring lones... its an evolving design and i love that. maybe im just crazy..

The interior is really nice.. i like how the whole dash is woodgrain.. not strips of it like the 99 deville.. one thing i really like aboout lincoln is that there is a dash lip all the way arcoss.. not just a ledge that protrudes over the gauges then disappears into flatness.
I dont care what anyone says.. my executive seats are just as comfortable as the devilles.. ive sat in 4 different model year devilles and lincoln has always had the more comfortable seats..

i orgasm everytime i look at the roof line of the car.. its so elegant and sexy.

things i wish it had..

digital dash
i know they offer them in the signature and ultimates.. but a leather and wood steering wheel
stock alpine cd changer and head unit(ive got an aftermarket alpine that the lincoln dealership installed for me.. its awesome.. but i like the stock look better)
variable dash light coloring.. it would be cool if i could change all the green to blue.. that would be hella sexy.

umm.. better head rests..

is a 98 considered a 90's rr a 00+ 98-02 are the same but 2/5 of these were 90's?

i have a 97...love it!!! i like the better dash & interior plus the newer look froma 90-94!!!

254496_90_full.jpg

hey nakoa....i changed my headrest out from a navigator...i did it for moniter reasons though...check it out...

254496_97_full.jpg

Black87LSC said:
How much? I can't afford it, but I LOOOOOVE that ride!!!

I dont know. It rolled 68k a week ago.
Black on gray
sunroof
new paint
chrome wheels on new tires for summer
original 16 spoke alloys for winter
I had a trailer hitch put on, but never towed anything with it.
has the ride package which includes a power steering cooler and beefy sways, and the wheels.
tinted windows
new stainless rocker trim
factory phone system, and aftermarket
I belive it has the wire harness for a factory cd changer, but never had one put in.

price im not sure of.
one was on ebay a few weeks ago and sold for $8000. same exact car to a :q:q:q:qing tee, cept 62k miles.
I was thinking somewhere around 6.
oh yea, ICE COLD Ac.

gas here is 3.05 for 93... but it doesnt stop me from driving 76 miles in one day... i cant get out of the car once im in it..

Black87LSC said:
I know 98-02 are the same, but the question was what year.. Not what body style

What era T/C do you have? was the question not what year.

does era more closely describe the body style or the year?

Main Entry: era
Pronunciation: 'ir-&, 'er-&, 'E-r&
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin aera, from Latin, counters, plural of aer-, aes copper, money -- more at ORE
1 a : a fixed point in time from which a series of years is reckoned b : a memorable or important date or event; especially : one that begins a new period in the history of a person or thing
2 : a system of chronological notation computed from a given date as basis
3 a : a period identified by some prominent figure or characteristic feature b : a stage in development (as of a person or thing) c : a large division of geologic time usually shorter than an eon <Paleozoic era>

I haven't seen a Lincoln I haven't liked the looks and luxury of.

With that said, I purposely sought out the 1990, not because it was car of the year in 90, but because it was the last of the 5.0 litres.

I know the 4.6 is a more efficient engine, but they're way too expensive to replace and service in my experiance.

I can get a brand new rebuilt longblock for a fraction of the cost of a 4.6 and there's tons of aftermarket equipment avialable for them.

I've modified several 5.0 litres to get phenominal mileage and very good power with it and I'm very impressed with them.

I like the 90 body because many people look at it and assume it's a late 90s vehicle, when it's really 16 model years old.

Other likes include a cavernous trunk, great listening compartment to put a stereo in, super comfortable ride, great heating, defrost and air conditioning and big comfy seats for a huge mo-fo'er like myself.

What's not to like about a Lincoln ?

Sixlitre

nyflava said:
What era T/C do you have? was the question not what year.

does era more closely describe the body style or the year?

Main Entry: era
Pronunciation: 'ir-&, 'er-&, 'E-r&
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin aera, from Latin, counters, plural of aer-, aes copper, money -- more at ORE
1 a : a fixed point in time from which a series of years is reckoned b : a memorable or important date or event; especially : one that begins a new period in the history of a person or thing
2 : a system of chronological notation computed from a given date as basis
3 a : a period identified by some prominent figure or characteristic feature b : a stage in development (as of a person or thing) c : a large division of geologic time usually shorter than an eon <Paleozoic era>

I quote myself... "Just wondering who has a Town Car, WHAT YEAR, options, etc. What do you like best about it, and what do you not like about it?"

My my my, you certainly DO have a lot of time on your hands... Starting piddly-a$$ arguments like this when our country is going into another depression... You're just looking to start a problem for reasons unknown :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused: Get a life man

1987 Town Car Signature Series.

LOVE the ride and how quite it is.

Nothing that I can really say that I don't like about it...I just love it ALL (Including the 3 cig lighters w/ the lincoln symbols on them!!)

Black87LSC said:
I quote myself... "Just wondering who has a Town Car, WHAT YEAR, options, etc. What do you like best about it, and what do you not like about it?"

My my my, you certainly DO have a lot of time on your hands... Starting piddly-a$$ arguments like this when our country is going into another depression... You're just looking to start a problem for reasons unknown :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused: Get a life man

i was merely asking for clarification, the poll question asks what era and lists decades that include varying styles that overlap decades.
your post asks for year options etc that the poll doesnt provide details for.
i assumed you were asking for the actual year option etc to be posted seperately as a suppliment to the era, but i wanted to understand if you were
asking for a decade as it looked or truly wanted the era that the decade represented.
If you dont want my input then fine i will exclude myself from your poll results, i am just trying to be a contributing member of this community.

i didnt realize it appeared as if i was starting a problem and did not intend for that interpretation. but please do not outright accuse me of such a thing. i am having a hard time seeing any malice in what i posted. :confused:

:bash: maybe some people are too tightly wound and are looking for arguments where they dont exist. :F

Members online

Back