Polling MarkVIII Owners

1994 Mark VIII
male - 27
40/day highway
The Mark VIII is the perfect sleeper
It's too heavy and the suspension isn't as racing tight as I'd like it to be
I would rate my Mark a 4. High chance of re-purchase if I had an opportunity

Mulato said:
... But I'm having one problem, It changes real hard from first gear to second, some times,not always, ...

Classic symptoms of 1-2 accumulator broken spring. Do a search or start a new thread. You want to fix this asap.

-1993/Lincoln MarkVIII
-Male 18
-City over 30
-V8, lots of bottons, theres to much to wright
-Uh none?
-My mark i would rate as a 4 it needs work on the struts and rear suspension

94 mark
male, 21
500 mainly hwy
I loved it until I made a rod look like a pretsle. water doesnt compress well but has lead me to the big build up
not coming with a supercharger and gears stock
4.5 doesnt compare to my old awd talon in the MI snow

"I'm a 49 y.o. driver, is that over the hill ?"

Nah, the only late 40's guy I know of here that is over the hill is mespock . . . hehehe. Welcome Mulato!

Hey lincoln_mk8, what's up? We need more members in the Central Plains chapter (hint hint). Maybe if we get enough members we can plan some kind of regional meet in the future. :Beer

Welcome to the site, Red_Baran!

"not coming with a supercharger and gears stock"

I know what you mean Madmarkman. But if it came like that stock, it'd cost a heck of a lot more to purchase, not to mention the insurance would be a lot higher. So in a sense I'm glad it didn't. I hope to do these upgrades in the future, and the insurance company will never have to know ;). :steering

reply to thread

1wykdmk8 said:
:W to the LvC! :Beer

Thanks, 1wykdmk8,

I forgot to mention that before my current '97 LSC, I owned an Aurora, and prior to that a 1990 LSC that was going strong at 200K when some idiot in a Mercedes ran a light and totaled it.! The Aurora was very nice, but it was definitely NOT an LSC. It had great toys, and the engine was smooth and never gave problems, but just was 50 HP short. And although no car is perfect, and will need SOME repair and upkeep - I think my LSC is as close as you can get, all things considered. On almost ALL of the websites you will see people crying and complaining about repairs, costs, etc., but if you buy a more upscale car, the expense increases as well. With those things factored in, I think my car is AS reliable as anything else on the road and better than most!

mag1119 said:
Thanks, 1wykdmk8,

I forgot to mention that before my current '97 LSC, I owned an Aurora, and prior to that a 1990 LSC that was going strong at 200K when some idiot in a Mercedes ran a light and totaled it.! The Aurora was very nice, but it was definitely NOT an LSC. It had great toys, and the engine was smooth and never gave problems, but just was 50 HP short. And although no car is perfect, and will need SOME repair and upkeep - I think my LSC is as close as you can get, all things considered. On almost ALL of the websites you will see people crying and complaining about repairs, costs, etc., but if you buy a more upscale car, the expense increases as well. With those things factored in, I think my car is AS reliable as anything else on the road and better than most!

:Beer :Beer

Mulato said:
I just bought my 1093 MARK 8. I love it's looks and power. But I'm having one problem, It changes real hard from first gear to second, some times,not always, it seems to happen once I get off the freeway. OOOOOOOH ! I'm a 49 y.o. driver, is that over the hill ? LOL

Madmarkman said:
94 mark
male, 21
500 mainly hwy
I loved it until I made a rod look like a pretsle. water doesnt compress well but has lead me to the big build up
not coming with a supercharger and gears stock
4.5 doesnt compare to my old awd talon in the MI snow

93 mark8
18 male
It's different... everyone else has foxbody mustangs around here or honda civics. And the sleeper aspect is great too, its made me alittle bit of money.

chadmk8tnt2side.JPG

hotrodlincoln93 said:
93 mark8
18 male
It's different... everyone else has foxbody mustangs around here or honda civics. And the sleeper aspect is great too, its made me alittle bit of money.
Put a little air in that left front tire before you take out the rim and paint the hood. You'll be all set.

My cars a 93,
Im 25
I drive about 50-60 km every day both hwy and city.
I love the fact that theres not many around
The only thing i dont like is that they never made a standard trans Mark.

-1995 Med Willow Green Met. over Willow Green Interior 120k
-Dude pushing 50 in a few months (can't wait)
-Daily commute is 20 miles, w/occasional weekend crusing in the surrounding hills
-I Enjoy the comfort, style, luxury, rich features, killer stock JBL stereo, it really makes me feel special every time I drive it. Incredible bang for the buck, a real value.
-Not crazy about 91 Oct Fuel at current pricing, but it's not a deal breaker.
-4 1/2 stars, don't like the Tranny shift points when driving slowly, I would definitely consider another Mark8 if I can find another decent example after I hopefully (knock on wood) get 3 solid years out of this one. By then the 98's will be the same age as this one is now, should be doable. Amazing Cars, and ironic that they are so unpopular as to be so affordable for those of us that have "figured it out".
Lincoln95.jpg

A recent convert to Mark8dom.

-1998 Black, Black Interior with Moon Roof 98,000 miles
- Oh my, maybe I am the old man here, 60!
-Daily commute is 80 miles down Texas I-35 to Austin and back!
-I Enjoy the comfort, style, luxury, seats,stock JBL stereo and trunk mounted Sony CD Player.
-I bought mine at 34,000 miles with the balance of the Factory warranty from an individual. Saved me on the heater door, but I had to do my own outside drivers door handle and was that a job.
-I love being able to scan the engine and know what is wrong with it. I had a scan done and I was told the number two cylinder coil was bad, called O'Reillys Auto Supply and $35 and twenty minutes later it was fixed. Now if the computer trouble codes would auto clear, once it is fixed, that would be the cats meow! I just tuned it up with all new plugs,boots and springs. Thank you KBOB for the lead to Rock Auto. $3.99 a boot sure beat the $13.99 a boot at FORD and that was our LVC price. FORD doubled it's prices at the end of the year on parts!
:L :L

-95 lsc
-male 42 yo
-Only drive on nice days
-Mines a super sleeper,I could go to a business meeting ,then go run 12's.
-A lot of people don't even know what it is (some people wont run me because they think it's a joke)

:nos:

mespock said:
1993 -year/model

Male 44

10 m/d (but average over 20k per year) Mostly Highway

Performance with Economy

They Stopped Making Them!!- Cheap buttons on the early modles!!

Have to give it a 5 as it's the best car I've had!!! I have nothing to complain about yet!

Just adding one more Mark VIII to this list

1994 - year/model

Same everything else

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif
, I'd like to steal his thread for us Mark guys.

Polling Mark VIII Owners
I'd change the questions a little bit:

-year/model
-male or female and age
-miles you drive per day and what type of driving (city/highway)
-what you like best about the MarkVIII
-what you dislike the most about the MarkVIII
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best.

'93 and '98: The 2 best years.
Somewhere north of 40.
150miles/day... 20/80 city/highway mix. 28mpg highway
Ride'n with Class, Style and Attitude
Lack of wagon pulling Torque
***** without question
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
'93 Pearlescent
Male, 59 going on 25
40 (80%/20% highway/city
Class looks (especially with 255/45 17 P zeros), power
headlights!
*****!!
:L

'94 with all options
M, 19
about 50 mi a day

I like the interior, engine, overall quality, It only cost $3000, and most of all, the way 2 15" MTX subs sound with the JBL system.(The cleanest and tightest sounding car i've ever been in.)

I dislike the headlights, and sometimes the drivers info center.(Check air ride, and Air ride switch off, I haven't cut the wire since I did the coil conversion), Oh yeah and the air struts!

5 stars

-93/"limited edition" Mark VIII
-male, 29
-3 miles a day, city
-Power and luxury
-dislike the leaky air ride, the rear is always vented!
-rating of your Mark : **** :L

-96 Ivory Mark VIII
-male, 38
-60 miles daily (most at 80+mph)
-Power, ride, the low rumble when i smash the gas pedal
-dislike - the factory head unit/stock 10-spokes (both will be changed)
-loving it - lots of car for the money

95 mark VIII
male 23 in August
never drive it in winter-maybe 100 mi a week-summer
eating up rice grinders in my small hometown-highskool kids
i really do hate the headlights on this m/f
**** interior needs tlc want to buy a 97-8 they look classier

98 LSC
100 miles/day
Its got STYLE not like these new 'euroboxes'
5 stars
Ihave no complaints

I'm a little late to this one, but better late than never.

98 LSC
Male - 29 years old
Drive it April through October - about 7000 miles per year

What I love - Design - interior and exterior, IMO it's one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. It's not a mustang or camaro. Headlights, REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!

What I don't like
Lack of power (will be soon addressed with 03 heads, 99 intake and headers)
Gearing (will be soon addressed with 4.10's)
Wheels, tires and brakes.
Suspension (installing Koni's, Eibachs and polyurethane bushings)
Body flex (installed subframe connectors, rear shock tower brace, strengthened subframe with boxed UCA, tech article on MN12performance)

Members online

No members online now.
Back