Polling MarkVIII Owners

-year/model 94 Mark VIII
-male or female and age Male 49
-miles you drive per day ~210/Highway (~15-20 of it city)
-what you like best about the MarkVIII Well styled, Good Power ratio, Good Milage, ...It's a Lincoln
-what you dislike about the MarkVIII Cup holder, Headlights, Delicate side panels, Parts replacement/availabilty
-rating of your Mark : 4.5 I would buy another, If...

Poll

97 Dark Navy Blue
Male 34
average 20 per day
I love the HID's the suspension(air ride) and the power.
I dislike the fact that I've had to replace parts of all of the above and have only owned it about 1 month.
**** I will definatly keep this one and but another If I can.

1998 LSC
male 45
100-120 miles 80/20 highway/city
power, style, "coolness"
a little tight for a 6'5" guy

-1997 LSC
- Female, 36
- Mileage depends on the day, roughly 5K/year, 50/50 city/highway (I've had it for 4 years and have put 14K on it.)
- Corners like it's on rails and is able to get out of it's own way. Yet looks sleek and stylish. Also, trunk big enough for two loaded hockey bags and sticks!
- It seems like we have had to replace/fix pretty much everything on here. Blend door was a pain! Glad my husband works for Ford! :) At least we get a discount on parts.
- **** 1/2, not sure about buying another one, but definitely keeping this one.

Overall, LOVE the car!
Steph

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

- and -

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

-- Male

-- 20 miles per day average (each), mostly city but some hwy

-- I like the looks most, power second.

-- On the 1994 I dislike the lack of refinement

-- On the 1998 I dislike the limited aftermarket choices

I rate the 94 a 4 and the 98 a 5

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif
, I'd like to steal his thread for us Mark guys.

Polling Mark VIII Owners
I'd change the questions a little bit:

-year/model
-male or female and age
-miles you drive per day and what type of driving (city/highway)
-what you like best about the MarkVIII
-what you dislike the most about the MarkVIII
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best.

'93 and '98: The 2 best years.
Somewhere north of 40.
150miles/day... 20/80 city/highway mix. 28mpg highway
Ride'n with Class, Style and Attitude
Lack of wagon pulling Torque
***** without question

Why Not

96 Base with most options

Male / 45

60 Miles per day 99% highway miles

I just simlpy love this car. It is very fast and very luxurious. I love the many comments I get about the cars looks.

Hated the haedlights, but put HID's on from my 94. Guess I have to find another set to put back in the 94.

Oh, and I give it *****

1996 Base
20/M
Probably 10-15 miles/day 95% city
I just like the looks and feel of the car
headlights/tranny suck

94 base
male 19
80 miles a day, 18 city- 25-26 highway
got a hell of a deal, paid $450 need trans, needs about $1500 in body work
headlights, air ride

1995/base model with 93 engine&computer
Male/ 31
8 miles/day city(back road actually,40mph tops) :(
favorite thing about my mark is the combination of rarity/style/power.many people i work/see regularly do not know anyone else with one of these cars.

most disliked item is lack of readily available/easy modifications compared to other ford performance vehicles.

i rate it 4.99 stars,atleast for me,its my personal best car i ever owned.payed 800$ too,:)

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif

Polling Mark VIII Owners

-year/model
-male or female and age
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best.

-1997~LSC
-M^ 32
-20 miles per day and both city an Highway driving (12/8) Plus Calif. trips.
-what you like best about the MarkVIII; Style, Badgeing, Class, Attitude, History, Better looking than the MN-12s and looks like She's doin' a hundred miles an hour standing still.
-what you dislike the most about the MarkVIII; Boutique shops for parts, parts availibility, Curb weight.
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best. I would say a 4 and have the parts to make her a 4+

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif

Polling Mark VIII Owners

-year/model
1998/1997 Black LSCs
-male or female and age
Male
100 miles per day, mixed highway/city, drive them pretty hard :)
Electronics; the lights and on-board computer
Engine Power, it could use more

There is no better car for the money, and no more a complete package than the Mark VIII. It has balls, it has luxury, and without exotic car prices for parts and repairs.

-1995 base model black/black
-male/39
-20 miles per day...city, hardly ever drive on the highway, infact i can't remember the last time my car went over 40.
-favorite thing....where do I start? this car fits me like a glove.
-most disliked thing.. headlamps air suspension problems cd changer(tie)
-I give it 3.75 stars I would probably give it more if everything worked. I paid $00.00 for mine. I should never complain about this car.

94m5 said:
1995 MarkVIII, 1994MarkVIII
Male/22yo
60-70 a day Highway
Long wheelbase comfort, and power to hammer most other cars on the road.
stock headlights, and stock 4R70W trannies.
4 on my 95.........and 5 on the 94.

Updating.....

1998 Midnight Grey LSC, 1995 Blazing Copper Base, 1994 Dark Portofino Blue Base

25 miles a day, and ALOT on days off.

I enjoy, Ride, handling, power, and all day driveability, HID's and the 5-speed

I dislike Repairs, dumbasses kicking rocks up on my car(s), and cost of mantaining 3 aging luxury cars.

Still........on top of all of that, when the right foot falls on the go pedal, it make sup for EVERYTHING that the cars may have done to me. :)

male
age 26
its fast and its the sexiest car iv ever seen
dont like the headlights of course!!!!
on a scale 1-5?id give it 2 dimes,a nickel,and 4 pennies

-year/model= 1995
-male 21
100 miles per day a lil both city and highway
speed and comfort
nothing i dont like
-rating of your Mark 4

Mark8 Brigade

1998 lsc silver frost met.
male uh..........28 (just had a b-day)
miles:at least 84+ a day
dislikes: everyone thinkin its my parents or someone elses, im 28 but i look 16, and the cost of 93 octane
rating:7 out of 5

1998 Base Mark VIII
Male - will be 38 end of March
Miles per day depends and it's a mix of city and highway
Nice big luxury car with balls
When the tailight goes nuts and the headlight covers are scratched
***** of course

MonsterMark said:
If Tony doesn't mind
icon12.gif

Polling Mark VIII Owners

-year/model 98 LSC
-male or female and age Male 41
-miles you drive per day and what type of driving (city/highway) city 70
-what you like best about the MarkVIII Looks and speed
-what you dislike the most about the MarkVIII costly to service
-rating of your Mark : use a 5 star * system, 1 being poor (would never buy again), 3 average and 5 best. 5 - best car ever

i have owned/driven lots of cars and love this the best.

There are few things that I am as qualified to comment on than Lincoln’s Mark VII and Mark VIII. I have had two VII's 84(first year or this model) and an 88 Mark VII (This was probably the best overall car I have ever owned). And 3 Mark VIII's 93(First Year of the new model, perfectly horrible car), 95 much improved over the 93 and possibly the second best car and a 98 and everyone knows this was the last year they made them. We still have the 98 and can't see that it will be going anywhere soon. I am 60 and still like a two door car with plenty of power, grew up in the 50's what else. We live in Maine so we don't use it in the Winter, this car is lethal in the snow and ice but that is fine it keeps the miles down for the good driving. I guess we are putting 10k or so a year on it. The 98 has always been a little disappointing in the gas mileage department averaging a little over 22 my 88 with Moly would get a tad under 30 and had much more low end torque with the 302 and it sure sounded better than the tin can resonators that are suppose to make the 4.6 sound like a real engine. But over all the car is quick and has been dependable but for the spark plug coils, I finally just replaced all of them, rather than have them fail one at a time. Every Mark I have owned has had Computer/electronics issues, the latest one is the Check air Suspension which is perfectly fine but sets off too much and is annoying. Mine is an LSC with the great Xenon headlights, monochrome look in Laser red, great looking car and still an 8 although there are a few cosmetics things I would like to get to this year that would bring it back to a 9 plus. It has 108K, more than any other Mark we have had and I suspect it will have well over 200k before its all over. Unlike its reputation I have always found the Mark an inexpensive car to maintain. Pre 100K the only issue has been ball joints but I think that has more to do with our Maine roads than the Lincoln. I can usually get to 100k with minimal repairs if any that cost me. I am not happy with the Chrome wheels that looked great until about 50k when the Chrome started peeling and at 100k they were so porous they couldn't hold air for very long, I just bought a set of Factory 93's that are nearly perfect and they look great. Would be rather confusing for anyone that knows Mark's. We lament the demise of this car and I truly can't find a car that I like as well and therefore we will just keep this one and do whatever it takes to keep it nice. I am not sure I answered all the poll questions. Hmmmm rating that is hard, nothing is perfect, but this car comes close 4 1/2 I guess, but every other car that ever was in its price range gets a 1, 2 or 3 so it is a pretty strong rating from a very long time Mark owner.

New guy
USAF
94 Mark VIII cut off muflers, shaved intake pipe.
As much as I can (10,000)
I love the car faster than my 93 stang LX 5.0 ever was
Hate it is not a winter car. I am in North Dakota for now. Snow=Garage
and I have to drive the minivan:(

But it is great going 110 sideways down the road on the main drag after it snows.
I want a late model LSC!!!!! I want I want I want!=IO IO IO

1995 LSC Black on Black :cool:
Male 40
30mpd city & I get 18.5mpg
Definitely the interior, you feel like you are in a cockpit.
I just bought it in Dec 2005 but the low beam headlights are very dim, the "door ajar" sensor must be bad because it displays as though a door is open but it's not and I think the tranny has been rebuilt because it just doesn't shift as smooth as I think it should.
4 our of 5 stars

I have some work to do on the car to get it where I want it but I'll be spending some time on this site looking for help on...

Headlights - what's best bulb to install and how to replace them without breaking anything.

Door ajar sensor - how do I go about fixing it?

Suspension compressor/bags - mine's noisey, does the compressor need changed or the bags? Or both? If so, what's the best compressor/bags to buy and how do I change them?

I've read about someone having a performance chip, what will it do for my LSC? Will it improve gas mileage?

Will putting flowmasters on my LSC improve gas mileage and performance? Is it worth the $$$?

Might as well post my thoughts and rating?

1996 Mark VIII Pearl White with Factory Chrome Rims.
male 36 but act 24 or so?
miles:would have to say 20? I work close to home 2nd shift so its all back roads but I fill up once a week so? Average 18.8mpg too so it ain't that bad.
dislikes: The Headlights SUCK and the check engine light comes on if you let it idle to long!
rating:**** (if the lights were better I might give it 5! That and it doesn't like cold weather)

Well Ima 31yr Old Fem Here In Ny who OwnS My 98 Lsc Se,which i got for my birthday ...she'sblk N Blk,i Have Owned Her For The Past 3.5 Yrs and will continue to for as long as she can keep up with me...heheheh.she's My Every Day Car,i Can Say She Has Been The Most Reliable Car That I Have Owned THAT HAS 115k On Her Original Engine And Things To Date...she Runs And Still Looks Like A Brand New Car.
I Am A True Beleiver That If You Take Car Of Your Car,it Will Take Care Of You.
ALSO, that i may add, i have owned the 7's as well,and my 89 was sorta good to me,untill it started having starting issues like the ignition whould keep spining,,and never start..and times that id have to use a screwdriver to get her started..and as for my 88 she needed alil help..but i can say body wise..it kicked ass,it has an agreesive look to it..but as far as my 98..it's a sexy car all around

1993 mark viii
Male 21
Well ive had it since november 21st and ive put 6k on it lol mixed city and hwy
Good gas mileage, good power, and inexpensive.
Some of the body lines.
4.5 Id like to drop an 03 cobra motor in it :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back