Philly Area Meet / WMMR Show

Yeah, the rain sucked, WMMR did a crumby job organizing the show, but the PEOPLE were great! I met a bunch of great guys before the show started (I got there around 7:30 because SOMEBODY told me I needed to be there before 8:00!) and of course the people from LVC, and it was great seeing DaveSmed again. Hopefully, Dave will have his beautiful '68 Caddy ready for the next show. We need some more Caddy guys! I think it would've been nice to have the LVC guys all parked together but since I'm the new guy, I just followed everyone elses lead. Oh yeah, I forgot to point out the guy in the picture with his Mustang was none other than Dee Snyder. Kinda funny little story about Dee; I was walking up towards the front tables when I saw a real pretty Mustang pulling in. By the time I got up to it, I saw that it was MY FAVORITE one, the Boss 302. So I started taking pictures right? I wander around the front to take a nice front 3/4 shot and this guy just struts right through my picture. I'm just about to say "hey thanks ASS%&$E!" when I see the guy lean inside the Mustang. Ok, so now I know it's the car's owner. Then the guy steps back, stands up, and looks right at me CLICK, I pop his picture and it turns out to be Dee Snyder! Go figure.
Codewise, glad to hear you got home ok. You tell your wife about the surgery on her car? LOL!! Speaking of surgery, I spent the majority of the night in the E.R. with my wife and daughter. My 18 year old daughter had dislocated her shoulder at work and we didn't get out of the hospital until around 1:00AM! That made it one LONG DAY! She's ok and resting now. It's just amazing what kids will do to get out of raking leaves!!
Hey, did anyone besides me, Codewise and DaveSmed wander over and look at the new Cadillac STS's? What did you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
The new CTS is SWEET AS HELL!!! The SuperMark got rained on for the first time in its LIFE. It was funny I was talking to Dee about his car and the fact that out SuperMark got rain for the first time in 11 years and he laughed and said his Boss 302 hasnt been rained on for 21 years!! MAN THAT WAS NICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still suprised that most stuck through the rain, though I can understand why the guy in the Shelby Cobra replica was a bit eager to get home... There were some amazing cars there, but we definitely need some more Cadillacs. I dunno if we can show up those Marks though, there even more beautiful in real life. That SuperMark is amazing. Hopefully next time my car can attend, didn't want to drive through Bensalem with no inspection again, it didn't work out too well last time. Good to hear no further electrical issues on the way home, codewize, was hoping you didn't have to heroically rescue the Taco Bell dog from the back window if the problem resurfaced... :p It was also great to see Katshot again, we met before at a meet on another board.

I agree, we need more Caddi guys. Maybe next show I'll bring both cars? Dave I'd also like to thank you for the help and concern.

Yeah I told the wife all about it. She asked if she was going to burn up...LOL. Sorry to hear about your daughter and I'm glad shes O'tay.

So keep me posted on show in the PA area. It sounds like there are quite a few? If it's a larger show and worth the drive, I'll drive it if I can.

:wave

Dave,
You're right, we "may" have a hard time out-shining the Marks (at least the Super Mark anyway) but we'll make up for it with spirit. I was a little let down by the lack of "togetherness" the LVC people showed. The only person that actually made an effort to say hello and include us was OldSchool1 and I want to thank him (and the Mrs.) for that. If this "club" intends to try to gather club members at "meets" or shows in the future, I would hope to see a better effort made towards unity of the group that arrives. And I REALLY felt bad especially considering that Codewize drove over 3-1/2 hours to be there and if I were him, I doubt I'd make the trip again if he can only expect to be treated like an ugly step-child by the rest of the group.
Maybe the name of the site REALLY does accurately describe the sentiment of it's members Cadillac VS. Lincoln.

It was too bad that we couldn't all be together it would have been more fun if we were all on the same end of the lot. We should still try to get together again here is a link to a list of local shows for the Philly/ Jersey area. Show Finder

Katshot said:
I even managed to actually TALK to OldSchool1 when he wasn't on the phone. Something about the President needing advise on how to prepare for the next debate I think.
Thanks K. It was good meeting you too!
George needed help with one of the Lincolns and he called because I have more Lincolns than Leno.

I talked him through it.

BigT said:
It was too bad that we couldn't all be together it would have been more fun if we were all on the same end of the lot. We should still try to get together again here is a link to a list of local shows for the Philly/ Jersey area. Show Finder

Thats still up? Weird, ABC was bought by autozone, which is a shame, was my favorite parts store.

Well it looks like there's no shortage of gatherings in that area. I don't know if I'll make the trip again this year. I really want to get some work done on the cars before I 'show' either one of them.

If there's something going on a little closer or if some of you are willing to drive a little bit, maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere. I guess we tried having a meet and it didn't really work out as planned but hey, it's always up for discussion.

As I said, I'll drive when I can but it's not always realistic to make a trip like that. It cost me about $100 for the day between gas, food and tolls.

BigT said:

Who said we "couldn't" all be together?

It looked like the only way we could have been together is if we all came in together. When I got there the Cadillacs and Lincolns were separated by a couple of other cars and there was only 1 open spot with the Lincolns. A few minutes later when Walt and Geno arrived there were no spots left so I went with them to keep the Mark VIIIs together. I'm sorry if anyone thought that they were being left out there were a bunch of very nice cars & trucks to look at. I did walk down and try to meet everyone that I could. If anyone wants to get together some of the cruises are smaller and it would be easier to meet.

All I can say is that other clubs I've been associated with usually make a much better effort to keep club members together. It's not like it would've been hard. There were less than a dozen members there. No big deal though, I just thought this was a club and that the members would want to try to be a club in public.

Katshot do you have any ideas or suggestions to get the club together in the future? You can't can't blame it all on WMMR it was the first car they did and they really didn't know how to do it. They should have had a local car club with experience putting on a car show to help them.

I was only blaming WMMR for having a lame show with little organization. The lack of "togetherness" I spoke of was the fault of our group entirely though. Usually, a club will meet ahead of time, maybe for breakfast or something, and then caravan together to the show. Also, it's helpful if you have a count of how many members are coming so you can also save spots for late arrivals. It's not a big thing, I was just surprised that nobody did it. The big issue to me was the way the members acted once there. Just not a "typical" car club that's all. I'm beginning to see why there's not a lot of Cadillac owners interacting here.

Katshot said:
The big issue to me was the way the members acted once there. Just not a "typical" car club that's all. I'm beginning to see why there's not a lot of Cadillac owners interacting here.
I dont get this part. What happened?

I agree with KatShot. It seemed like several of the club members who associate with each other out side the LVC world which obviously is fine, hung with each other at the show and didn't really make any effort to represent the group.

If we're going to go to shows as a group there does need to be more togetherness. I saw several clubs having 'pre' meeting in the parking lot, prior to entrance. Being a newbie to showing cars, I saw the 'pre-meeting' as an opportunity to "Get it together" and assumed that such a thing was standard practice.

In the future the LVC members should

(1) Have a meeting prior to the show entrance
(2) Represent themselves as a group
(3) Be organized and professional
(4) Remember that we are a group as a whole and that Cadillac does exist
(5) Make a thorough effort to band together and park together

These few simple steps will make LVC a stronger presence. At the end of the day when we were asked who we were with the 3 WMMR representatives hadn't even heard of LVC. That's pretty bad when there were almost 12 of us there.

Just a few thoughts

:invasion:

Members online

Back