Philly Area Meet / WMMR Show

BigT

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For everyone in the Philly area there is a WMMR car show at Franklin Mills Mall on Oct. 2nd from 10 AM to 2 PM it would great to get together with a bunch of LVC people there. We could really shock them with a bunch of Lincolns and Cadillacs rolling into the show. Geno, Walt and myself are planning on being there to represent the Mark VIIIs. Here is a link to check it out and to register.

WMMR Show

Damn if I'm not going to TRY to be there. Problem is I'm also supposed to be doing a college tour in the AM with my daughter. Luckily it's the College of NJ so I'll be close by. If I get out of there early enough, I'll plan on shooting over to the mall.

Come on guys there has to be more than 3 or 4 of us. It doesn't matter if your car is not a "show car" mine is my daily driver and no show car. Let's get together and have some fun.

Dammit! i'll try to be there, but I am currently Cadillac impared. I'd have to go in the beater, or convince my friend to go with his coupe.

I guess i'll get working then! Nothing too major, other than a die hard procrastinator at work (or lack of)...

BigT said:
For everyone in the Philly area there is a WMMR car show at Franklin Mills Mall on Oct. 2nd from 10 AM to 2 PM it would great to get together with a bunch of LVC people there. We could really shock them with a bunch of Lincolns and Cadillacs rolling into the show. Geno, Walt and myself are planning on being there to represent the Mark VIIIs. Here is a link to check it out and to register.

WMMR Show

We're on it too!

We've already registered:
1976 Lincoln Mark IV
1988 Lincoln Mark VII
1992 Lincoln TownCar

SOUTH EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA
FORD MEET
SATURDAY, October 2, 2004
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM FRANKLIN MILLS MALL,
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19154
Click HERE for directions. Contact:
John "OldSchool" Dancy 267 970 5549 OldSchool@LSCclub.org
or
Jack "HizHonor" Cahan 267 825 3017 HizHonor@LSCclub.org

MEET LOCATION: behind Burlington Coat Factory
between the yellow & blue entrances.

Ok here we go again. Coming from upstate NY on the Thruway, how do I get there...?

codewize said:
Ok here we go again. Coming from upstate NY on the Thruway, how do I get there...?
Also see: http://www.lscclub.org/meet/20041002/directions.htm

Directions for the October 2, 2004 Meet

IF YOU ARE ENTERING YOUR CAR IN WMMR's CAR TUNES CAR SHOW ,
YOU MUST BE THERE BY 8:00 AM TO REGISTER!!

FROM OHIO & WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA

Ohio Turnpike East to Pennsylvania Turnpike East (276)
Follow 276 to Exit 351 (Philadelphia) Route 1
Follow Route 1 South (stay in outer right hand lane) for approximately 1 mile.
You will see a sign for Woodhaven Road (Rt. 63) East.
Take Woodhaven Road (Rt. 63) approximately 1 mile to Knights Road exit.
Stay in your left lane from off ramp to Knights Road and make a left and get into the right lane.
Follow Knights Road to the first traffic light and make a right into Franklin Mills Mall.

FROM NORTHERN NEW JERSEY

New Jersey Turnpike South to Pennsylvania Turnpike (276) West.
Follow to exit 351 (Philadelphia) Route 1
Follow Route 1 South (stay in outer right hand lane) for approximately 1 mile.
You will see a sign for Woodhaven Road (Rt. 63) East.
Take Woodhaven Road (Rt. 63) approximately 1 mile to Knights Road exit.
Stay in your left lane from off ramp to Knights Road and make a left and get into the right lane.
Follow Knights Road to the first traffic light and make a right into Franklin Mills Mall.

FROM SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY

New Jersey Turnpike North to Exit 4 (NJ Route 73)
Follow Route 73 North to Route 90 (Betsy Ross Bridge)
Cross over Betsy Ross Bridge to I-95 North.
Follow I-95 North to Exit 35 which will be Woodhaven Road (Route 63)
Follow Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) West for approximately ½ mile and bear right into Franklin Mills Mall.

Alternate New Jersey Route:
Route 42 (North-South Freeway) North to Walt Whitman Bridge.
Cross into Philadelphia and follow signs to I-95 North.
Follow I-95 North to Exit 35 which will be Woodhaven Road (Route 63)
Follow Route 63 (Woodhaven Road) West for approximately ½ mile and bear right into Franklin Mills Mall.

FROM SOUTHERN I-95 CORRIDOR (Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia and all points south)

Follow I-95 North into Pennsylvania to Exit 35 which will be Woodhaven Road (Route 63)

If you get disoriented (lost) call: Jack "Hizhonor" 267-825-3017 or John "OldSchool" Dancy 267-970-5549

When you register tell them you belong to the LVC club unless you are going with another club that you also belong to. There is a trophy and $93 for the club with the most participation.

:V​

I will also be there with one of my leaky cars. Probably the Fleetwood, which now has a leak in the oil cooler line. I'm not sure the STS will be fixed by then. Now if the Jersey Tpk was actually defined somewhere this wouldn't be so hard. The freakin thing has 3 rt numbers and is very poorly signed.

Katshot and I will have our own parking spot

:bow:

codewize said:
I will also be there with one of my leaky cars. Probably the Fleetwood, which now has a leak in the oil cooler line. I'm not sure the STS will be fixed by then. Now if the Jersey Tpk was actually defined somewhere this wouldn't be so hard. The freakin thing has 3 rt numbers and is very poorly signed.

Katshot and I will have our own parking spot

:bow:

Where in upstate NY are you? If you came across the George Washington Bridge the NJ Turnpike is pretty easy to find.

I'll be coming down 87 (NYS Thruway) at exit 14 (I think) maybe it's 13, it merges with 17 and somewhere right there you can pick up the NJ Tpk.

Some how I always screw it up because the signage sucks and I don't think it's i95 up there. If you're familiare with the exit you can go a 100 different ways and you don't want to be in the wrong lane.

So at that point I'll be heading towards the northern part of the NJ Tpk. I guess I was really just ranting about NJ is all. So from there I'll go south on NJ TPK to the Penn Tpk (276)

Any idea how far that is

BigT said:
Where in upstate NY are you? If you came across the George Washington Bridge the NJ Turnpike is pretty easy to find.

I think you should be able to get off the tpk at Rt 1, and take that to the neshaminy exit. That's off the top of my head, there may be a closer way to do that.

Dude from the radio stration called me today and told me there are over 300 cars registered. They only expected 200 but he said no one will be turned away.

I will be there but I am not entering the car, I don't think. I just don't think it's ready. And I don't think I can get down there by 8 AM

:cool:

Katshot said:
So does that mean we won't be able to enter? :mad:

I'll save a place for you.....
Come on, my car's a daily driver and I still show it from time to time. There's plenty of things wrong with it from a "show condition" perspective but what the hell! Should be fun.

Ya know I thought about it yesterday and your right. It would be fun to enter. Now the only problem is getting there by 8.

Do I really want to get up at 4 AM and drive for 3 1/2 hours? Man that's asking a lot. Ok I'll try. I have a wife and step soon coming with me so it might not work out.

I will be wearing almost all my Cadillac apparel

:)

Katshot said:
I'll save a place for you.....
Come on, my car's a daily driver and I still show it from time to time. There's plenty of things wrong with it from a "show condition" perspective but what the hell! Should be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the trans cooler comes in time for me to install it, I'll bring the STS down. Although, I guess, as a buddy system thing I should bring the Fleetwood..

:headbang:

Members online

Back