Petal dropped to the floor. got towed home

Lincolns Own

Beast In Disguise
Reaction score
so im coming back from work, and as i accelerate off a turn, the petal falls to the floor. i costed it to an apartment complex and parked it.

the car did not rev when the petal dropped, the motor idles the car forward/reverse.

im guessing a cable or something came loose from the petal and im hoping it doesnt need to go to the shop. anyone know what might be wrong??

thanks for looking and for help.

~matt

driller said:
Broken throttle cable.

I have to agree, especially since the motor was still able to idle without a problem, but check everything, you never know how simple of a fix it can be, just like the above post, something as simple as a bolt

you towed it, my friend used a shoe string a drove home with his arm out the window pulling it

I broke one on my 86 T-Bird, I stuck some crap I had in the car between the stop on the TB to get the idle up so at least shed get going a little.

Like the shoe sting idea.

driller said:
Broken throttle cable.
I guarantee that is what happened. Right at the pedal. You might be able to feed the cable thru the pedal opening or )as I did once upon a time) attach a wire to the cable to extend the length thru the opening of the gas pedal and clamp it off. I drove for at least a year that way.

MarkOfDeath said:
you towed it, my friend used a shoe string a drove home with his arm out the window pulling it

Im sorry to steal the thread but thats some funny :q:q:q:qe. Don't worry Matt you aint alone on the maintenance around here I just got done putting a new front end on and alt. Now it the front air springs. But then again hopfuly its just a little thing for you maybe?

Members online

No members online now.
Back