performance ideas (retro fits)

1meanmark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the v8s have been well thought but ill spend a sec or 2 anyway possibility of stroking boring goring replace with 4.6 5.0 w/e

maybe a the six speed trans retro fit would be awesome

also how about those new duratecs a eco boost ls would be absolutely nuts any words on the possibility beyond ideas cost money just fruit for thought at this moment and who know maybe this could drive the right person in the right direction to a whole new arena of performance possibilities for our cars fella

also maybe lsd options ideas anything i refuse to leave my car at the back of the pack and i dont do nitrous i also find it hard to believe thats my only out S/C WOULD BE NICE but i lack patience to wait for 4 other people to commit

that all said lets begin

Boobs.jpg

even the shos's 6speed and the mustangs new v6 or rather the new mustangs 6 speed auto as well?...

Those powertrains in particular haven't been talked about, but the main issues you'll run into will be the same. I love these threads but it always ends in disapointment :(

No one here either has the funds for such a project or the desire if the funds are available.

I would love nothing more than a manual swap option for the V8 or even a different powerplant but its just not.... practical :(

If I win the Powerball this Saturday I'll be all for this :D Oh, its past midnight, its Saturday!

Unless you've cracked the issue of getting the PCM to agree with a different powertrain this train, stops here.

i just think if there was some tuner out there who would be willing to do it for less than a fortune to do it i mean if you can put a Toyota turbo'd engine with the vvti still working or Honda engines that do the same i mean the transmission issue i can see the credibility in that issue but everything else just seems like american car tuners being lazy just blow the engine piece together some suspension parts together and charge 40k over sticker for it....

Why do it? Even if there were someone out there that did it, how many people are going to drop that kind of cash on it? Its not practical, so will never be done. Especially not on a car that is no longer in production.

If you wanted to go fast, and have a manual six speed, you bought the wrong Ford product.

transmission, I may or may not get to that

power plant, been done but not for a street car

sc or nitrous.... turbos have been done too

LSD or locker, gears all been done.

whats your question?

transmission, I may or may not get to that

power plant, been done but not for a street car

sc or nitrous.... turbos have been done too

LSD or locker, gears all been done.

whats your question?

Is this geared towards me?

My only question would be, how many of these items were bought "off the shelf" so to speak?

Thats what I am saying. Anything can be custom done, and one offed. But this is why no one will produce these items for the mainstream. No or very little market.

Not to take anything away from your car of course. Its great you have done all of those things.

Of course to the OP, for the right price you can surely find a shop to drop in a Termi motor and T-56 with a SRA if you wanted. You could just run F.A.S.T. engine management and have whatever you want. You would have a very killer LS. The 2JZ with a single 88 wouldnt be bad either.

Or you can always treat the LS like it was made to be treated, and get yourself another car, or bike, to go fast in.

Is this geared towards me?

My only question would be, how many of these items were bought "off the shelf" so to speak?

Thats what I am saying. Anything can be custom done, and one offed. But this is why no one will produce these items for the mainstream. No or very little market.

Not to take anything away from your car of course. Its great you have done all of those things.

Of course to the OP, for the right price you can surely find a shop to drop in a Termi motor and T-56 with a SRA if you wanted. You could just run F.A.S.T. engine management and have whatever you want. You would have a very killer LS. The 2JZ with a single 88 wouldnt be bad either.

Or you can always treat the LS like it was made to be treated, and get yourself another car, or bike, to go fast in.

My post was in response to the OP. He asked if things had been done, I answered each of them.

Some people would rather build the LS than anything else because its sleeper as hell, and the challenge is more rewarding in the end.

Off the shelf? The LSD/Locker is off the shelf, stall is off the shelf, turbo kit was produced and sold with out specific piping so it would have to be custom installed.... not sure how the SC kits come, but both are complete except for the piping as far as I know. Nitrous, has been done LOTS of times and since its universal, is off the self. COPS are off the shelf, ehaust and intake are off the shelf. Everything that isnt an engine component is pretty much off the shelf. The trick is knowing which shelves to look at. The 8.8 carrier for example is not for the LS but works. Same with the mustang stall, mustang coils, nitrous, etc. The SC and Turbo kits were made by LS owners specifically for the LS.

I see. Sounds good to me.

But I was hoping for more big power items. Such as the actual intake manifold, heads, LTs, things of that nature. I know for the SC install you need a custom lower intake and to relocate a lot of items. By off the shelf I am refering to items that need no modification to work on our cars.

It would be nice to have such a place where you could order all this stuff and it would just fit.

It's the uniqueness that makes it so cool - is that it take some work, out-of-the-box thinking.

At the track or at the show - there are 100s of pony cars with bolt-ons - no big woop - but the car guys always seem to enjoy something different.

exactly and im in love with every "odd ball" car ford makes. crown victoria marauder ls lightning , and the tremi r the only 2 that have followings. Everything else except slightly for the marauder has a grumbling performance sector waiting to be tapped into. Unfortunately the economy makes performance only for the sheep's i hate it but now that im growing i understand it. I just like the idea of retrofitting the sho's equipment into a sick ls.. 400bhp sounds sick as hell. Or maybe a 5.0 400 bhp 6speed auto ls as well i suppose ill just source parts and dream the American dream until they come into fruition.

Horsepower, shmorsepower. Show me timeslips. People get too hung up on hp numbers. Doesn't really say how FAST the car is.

Horsepower, shmorsepower. Show me timeslips. People get too hung up on hp numbers. Doesn't really say how FAST the car is.

"Big numbers on a graph dont mean shyt, its the smaller numbers on the slip that do." Taken from MustangForums

i suppose but it definitely helps 280 will only get my sled but so far especially considering there isn't much of another avenue to take. These vehicles have no after market gears i haven't really looked into the t/c. But heads, intake ,(maybe)cams,stroker kits, there is little or nothing there. So i figure if i must dream then why not dream big...? i hate to say it but in this one category i'll have to give the nod to GM and maybe Chrysler at least they recognize the need to give people room to modify there cars...

i suppose but it definitely helps 280 will only get my sled but so far especially considering there isn't much of another avenue to take. These vehicles have no after market gears i haven't really looked into the t/c. But heads, intake ,(maybe)cams,stroker kits, there is little or nothing there. So i figure if i must dream then why not dream big...? i hate to say it but in this one category i'll have to give the nod to GM and maybe Chrysler at least they recognize the need to give people room to modify there cars...

there is an LS on this board with 4.10s

There will be another geared LS by springtime as well :shifty:

There will be another geared LS by springtime as well :shifty:

You'll love it. Your doing 4.30s right? I have another VIII diff so I'm going to get it set up with 4.30s or MAYBE 4.56s just for fun. I doubt the jump to 4.30s will really be noticeable but since I have the extra diff and I can throw the 4.10s into my MarkVIII, I can use everything up and justify it.

I guess I could grab one more diff and do 4.56s, then I can play with them all.

Yessir. 4.30's. 4.56's were on the list, but I take this car on trips. 4.30's is my limit I think. Until I get another car for trips, that is.

Sending you a pm.

The 4.56 thought really is mostly 1/4mile drivin. I think it would utilize 4th and finish the 1/4 in more peak hp range and may be the fast ticket to 13.9. While I think daily driving would be fine the rpms would be mid 3k 80ish. The 3.9 is very smooth up there but I guess it depends on how often you roll that way. My LSE is more a toy these days so I could see it not being a issue for me.

Yessir. 4.30's. 4.56's were on the list, but I take this car on trips. 4.30's is my limit I think. Until I get another car for trips, that is.

There really isn't a drastic difference in cruising speed between those gear ratios. At say 80mph 4.10s is 2981, 4.30 are 3127 and 4.56s are 3316rpm with the stock tire size. I have 4.10s in the Mark and plan on 4.56s if I ever get the engine done. Don't fear the gear.

There really isn't a drastic difference in cruising speed between those gear ratios. At say 80mph 4.10s is 2981, 4.30 are 3127 and 4.56s are 3316rpm with the stock tire size. I have 4.10s in the Mark and plan on 4.56s if I ever get the engine done. Don't fear the gear.

Nice. That is right on 80mph is right about at 3k. 3300 I could definately live with.

Right now going through the traps at 97-98mph in 4th I guessing I'm at low 5k, never really looked at it for a exact. 4.56s I guessing higher 5ks or close to 6k.

Members online

No members online now.
Back