performance ideas (retro fits)

The calculater I used says I'm at about 5000-5100 at 97-98 in 4th at the end of the 1/4. Also that at right about the 1/8th mile mark is where I shift to 4th 78ish, that drops me to 4100ish. So the 1/8 to 1/4 is a 4100-5100rpm 4th gear pull. 4.56s would put me in 4th at 72mphish well before the 1/8th marker and finishing 5700ish. That would be alot better for times. Think that may be my way to go.

Can't imagine how fast the shifts will be with 4.56s, they fly by on the 4.10s.

get your passport and lets run em! No bottle, but i have my own goodies to play with.

There will be another geared LS by springtime as well :shifty:

mine will also have 4.30s this spring :)
And due to my spinning main bearings...the resulting replacement will be a BIG surprise for everyone!!

mine will also have 4.30s this spring :)
And due to my spinning main bearings...the resulting replacement will be a BIG surprise for everyone!!

How are you putting in 4.30's? I mean, your particular case? What's your plan?

time slip racing is gay! Lets line em up at the strip!

Bench racing is gay!

Timeslip racing is a realistic way to see how you will stack up without traveling long distances to line up with someone.

But I love racing side by side. Better practice your tree.

I'm thinking 4.30's + 3400 stall = win.

sounds good.... glad you take notes when I through numbers out. HEE HEE HEE HEE

Seriously though, the 3400 stall is about right and the 4.30s on street driven car will be nice.

The stall should make a bigger difference than the gears, but the gears will be nice to have on top of hte stall.

Jason, where do you normally run? I may be willing to make a trip to your local strip. :D My car N/A vs yours N/A, hell Ill swap cars if you want after a couple passes. Your tree and seat time excedds my own. but I want to see how the two stack up next to eachother.

Seriously though, the 3400 stall is about right and the 4.30s on street driven car will be nice.

The stall should make a bigger difference than the gears, but the gears will be nice to have on top of hte stall.

Jason, where do you normally run? I may be willing to make a trip to your local strip. :D My car N/A vs yours N/A, hell Ill swap cars if you want after a couple passes. Your tree and seat time excedds my own. but I want to see how the two stack up next to eachother.
Great Lakes Dragway Union Grove WI. Usually open last weekend in March or first weekend in April.

Stall mostly helps launch, gears pull at any speed. Highway pull is stronger with the 4.10s.

I agree and always said a stall would really help this car as is soggy at the low rpms. The lower rpms become less important once geared with the 5rs fast 1st gear. I mean the stall will still be awesome, just now the lag of the line is not as annoying to me.

Actually my first mod this spring will be DRs so I can get the most out of the gears at the track. Unless the track is prepped good I spin to much to beat my best. Heating the stockers only works so well.

Hope to break into the 1.9 60's with them. I have several high 2.0s with 2.090 being the best and handfull just over 2.1. The 4.10s beat my previous 2.127 best on stock gears but I would say on average they dropped my 60' about .05 in the 60'. Not sure if the DRs are going to drop the 60' a whole .1, but we'll see.

:lol: IIRC, you had nothing to say about restalling to 3400 until I brought it up... booyah!

However, you did confirm that it would be a good idea.

Perfect. Just making sure you knew there were other items needed for the swap.

Members online

Back