pegg at 120

02 ls8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
last night i was being a hot head and decided i needed to lay the beat down on a accord, we did a 25 roll, i have a 02 ls v8 and for what ever reason it pegged at 120....i thought the limiter was alot higher than that?

i still won XD

The f*ck is that 'pose ta mean pektel lol. I have chrome on mine and I can go past 120

ok sorry my money tree died last month and i cant afford sport bumpers.......and no way though i have taken the car to 130 before which is why i was so confused with the 120

Easy there, killer. lol. The only reason I mentioned that is because only the sport versions are without a speed limiter. The non-sport versions are supposed to be speed limited.

Does seem wierd that you had it to 130 before. Yet, you peg at 120 now.:confused:

As for having chrome bumpers. Don't be a "hater" Pete. If you want some that bad just asked around. No need to get all jealous. Its not flattering on you at all. :p

If the "non-sport" are limited, limited to what? Before I let up. I had mine to 147mph. What would be the point to limit it at those speeds?

I have a non-sport and mine goes faster than 120. Could it be because I have had mine reflashed by the dealership?

yea but then again i had a different engine in it before, same 3.9 out of a 02 though just alot less miles, i spun a bearing in the last one :facepalm:

Easy there, killer. lol. The only reason I mentioned that is because only the sport versions are without a speed limiter. The non-sport versions are supposed to be speed limited.

I thought the sport versions were limited to 149 MPH, to match the tires?

Could be. Must be that sometimer's kickin in again.

As for having chrome bumpers. Don't be a "hater" Pete. If you want some that bad just asked around. No need to get all jealous. Its not flattering on you at all. :p

dammit. I'm busted :lol:

Found it. It was QuikLS who had the info:

The Pre-03 LS without sport package was limited to 133mph.
The Pre-03 LS with sport package is unlimited.
All 03+ are limited to 133mph.

The SCT tuners can remore the limit.

So it sounds like you have a pre-03 with sport package - and they simply peter-out at 147mph.

With lowering and some tidying up of the body work we have hit 153mph - without any power adders or tuning.

It's post number 9 in this thread:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=37407&highlight=speed+limiter

I've never driven the LS over 110. I don't trust tires that much.

As far as the quote, that was just my source for why I made the comment about the limiter.

you must have chrome on your bumpers.

my first LS had chrome bumpers, and would only go up to about 122-124 before it backed out, and it was still pulling pretty good for being short two cylinders.

my newer LS will go up to about 135 before she backs off, the weight of all that chrome does hold her back a little :D

interesting to no. when i took the chrome off my bumper it went to 135 so i took the chrome off the back and only got it too 147. try takin both sides off

i still need to know why mine is pegging at 120, ok the fake chrome trim is not holding me back guys im being serious its like it hits a limiter and i know for a fact the car has alot more in it, starting to get pissed because last night i pulled on a wrx on the freeway and was beating him by 2 lengths then i hit 120

I would just add some racing stripes and a spoiler. 15 extra horse per mod. (just Kidding)

Have you had a battery die, change or wierd jump start issue that would cause you to need to reset the systems sensors? Just tossing out ideas.

i think im going to do some of them performance sticker mods. doesn't a NOS sticker add like 25hp? seriously i didn't know these cars where capable of 140-150 top speeds. i will never see my speedometer twist that far but still makes me like the car even more. im still a newbie so this is just a shot in the dark but could it be straining the fuel pump and get something like a fuel cut?

i think im going to do some of them performance sticker mods. doesn't a NOS sticker add like 25hp? seriously i didn't know these cars where capable of 140-150 top speeds. i will never see my speedometer twist that far but still makes me like the car even more. im still a newbie so this is just a shot in the dark but could it be straining the fuel pump and get something like a fuel cut?

Different versions (sport, non-sport, ultimate...) and different years have different speed limiters.

i still need to know why mine is pegging at 120, ok the fake chrome trim is not holding me back guys im being serious its like it hits a limiter and i know for a fact the car has alot more in it, starting to get pissed because last night i pulled on a wrx on the freeway and was beating him by 2 lengths then i hit 120

You sir are the lucky winner of an LS engine with the limiter at 120mph(Don't worry I'm a winner too). That's all there is too it. You're gonna have to get an Xcal to remove the limiter.

Members online

Back