painted caliper opinions wanted

MMAFIGHTER121

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased some nice new rotors (more on that later) and as I'm going to have all 4 wheels replaced I figure nows the time to paint the rotors. My car is the dark forest green and I was wondering on opinions. Odds are I'll be limited to selection from duplicolor at pepboys or such since I don't want to dole out 40 bucks for the g2 brand.. I think all they have is yellow, red, black, silver, and blue. Black and silver seems too muted (especially given my still stock rims) and red is a bit much since I don't have a straight black car. After 5 minutes on MS paint I was leaning towards yellow (which when I first thought of it was my LAST choice!) But I was wondering others opinions/experiences out there too?

I'd say silver or black..They are both tame/safe colors. I went w/ blk cause anything is better then the look of 13 yr old calipers and I didn't want them sticking out like a sore thumb. I used the duplicolor as well, it coats well and is pretty tough.

If you have nice new wheels, black. You don't want the caliper to stand out and put your wheels to shame. You want them to melt into the background so everyone notices your wheels, that's my opinion anyway.

And for stock wheels I would still go black. That way if you do ever get new wheels you won't have to paint them again in a different color.

paint the calipers black and the caliper mounts silver.

Agreed...forrest green car and a high gloss black caliper w/ silver mounts would look clean but still custom. I think colors like yellow should be reserved for the exotic class like Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo where you are showing off a bad ass six pot caliper. Our calipers dont need that much attention :shifty:

I agree with everyone else. I just bolted up my Sentas about an hour ago and my factory calipers look like they are antique. I'm going to have mine powder coated black and sliver.

I agree with everyone else. I just bolted up my Sentas about an hour ago and my factory calipers look like they are antique. I'm going to have mine powder coated black and sliver.

That's going to look nice, I love the subtle shine you get from them.Yeah, I thought that about mine when I put on new rotors. The rotors lookd all nice and clean only to have gray ugly calipers.

I would say black or silver.

I'm having buyer's remorse of going with the G2 red. It will still look better than OEM, but not as good as black or silver.

Hindsight is always 20/20

TRU - who has had plenty of hindsight lately

Where can I get my Calipers powder coated? Is there a paint that would issue the same results?

I think there are a lot of DIY write ups using hi-temp engine paint floating around the web. Powder coating is ultimately going to be the most durable and look great. But I think you can get really close with enough elbow grease.

Members online

Back