paint job

flowmaster02

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my clear coat is coming off on my passenger side:mad:. I was wondering about how much should it cost for a good paint job? Do they charge more if I want to change the color? If there is anybody in socal can you let me know of any good shops.

So my clear coat is coming off on my passenger side:mad:. I was wondering about how much should it cost for a good paint job? Do they charge more if I want to change the color? If there is anybody in socal can you let me know of any good shops.

I got a rough estimate of ~$10K from a local shop for the same color. They would be removing the trim, lights and anything else that could be "in the way".

Ten grand for a OEM paint job, sh#$@#@%@##%#d they must be out of their mind. But I know that's out there in Cali. I'm getting mine repainted right now for $3500 to include taking bumpers, lights, and moldings off the car. Also the side skirts and rear surround are getting painted also.

10 grand lmffffffffffffffao buy another car holy :q:q:q:q wtf is their paint made out of platinum???

$3500-$5500 (Depends if they take everything off like trims pieces, mirrors, doors, hood, trunk, bumpers etc and do it right). Different color should be more, to do the door wells, inside of hood and trunk, engine compartment etc as it's a lot more work to change the color and do it right.

I got a rough estimate of ~$10K from a local shop for the same color. They would be removing the trim, lights and anything else that could be "in the way".

Holly shi8t!! You can go buy a new LS for less than that, there out of there mind in cali

call me stupid but... if a new color is what you are after, why not spend 10 grand and buy the god damn color car you want, instead of wasting 10 grand on a paint job lol. you will get more moneys worth buying another car than you will blowing green like that on paint that will look like ass in 5 years anyway.

Ten grand for a OEM paint job, sh#$@#@%@##%#d they must be out of their mind. But I know that's out there in Cali. I'm getting mine repainted right now for $3500 to include taking bumpers, lights, and moldings off the car. Also the side skirts and rear surround are getting painted also.

Not an OEM paint job but OEM color. This place is one of the best in San Diego County. They are the place restorers go to get a car painted. Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service. Needless to say I said never mind.

10K is rediculous unless it has custom art work on it but im not into that stuff. Even then I still think that is stupid. Its going to cost more than I thought which sucks because this @#$^% is bugging me. Oh well guess its time to start saving up.

I paid less than $400. to do a two tone color change on my truck in
Orange county, CA. Paint came out great but his was a few years back.
Just keep in mind that everything IS negotiatable.

You did the right thing by turning them down.

Shop that just repaired my fender bender wanted around $5K to do a full paint job with the same OEM color. Changing color would have added another $1K or so for the door jams and such done. That price included pulling all the trim and bumpers and etc off the car for paint.

I can remember taking a car to Maaco in high school just to get a consistent color thrown on it. It should be noted that I didn't really care about the car, just got tired of all the mismatched junkyard fenders on it. I would not recommend them for anything you plan to keep or take pride in.

I paid less than $400. to do a two tone color change on my truck in
Orange county, CA. Paint came out great but his was a few years back.
Just keep in mind that everything IS negotiatable.

You did the right thing by turning them down.

Do you remember the name of the shop?

So my clear coat is coming off on my passenger side.

You might want to go to a paint shop and show them, maybe they can sand/clearcoat only on that side (or the whole car) again for a lot less than doing an entire paint job?

Do you remember the name of the shop?

If you plan to keep this car for years, I wouldn't bother with a $400 paint job. If you just want the car to look shiny so you can sell it, then that would work.

I wouldn't trust a shop that would paint the car for $400 myself. And if I did take it there, I wouldn't expect it to look 100% or last very long.

You might want to go to a paint shop and show them, maybe they can sand/clearcoat only on that side (or the whole car) again for a lot less than doing an entire paint job?

I didnt know they could do that. Ill check my local shop tomorrow to see about that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back