Paint Job...Opinions?

and are you who he's talking about? I'm never quite sure around here whether it's sarcasm or not...

Ignore him. Most of us do. At least the members that have been here long enough to know why no one likes him. :rolleyes:

and are you who he's talking about? I'm never quite sure around here whether it's sarcasm or not...

i could be, not sure if were still friends, its been a while since we last talked, but i do have low prices, are you looking to get a complete paint job, door jams too? you should be looking at around $1500, less if you know how to prep the car and then bring it to get sprayed, it also depends on the type of paint you want

oh boy. A lot more drama around here than i thought there was!
haha. ANYWAYS...
Rollin, any word on that quote?
it's not very urgent cause it won't be for another couple months.
if you want i could take the car into him cause i've got some body work that needs to be done too. i'll take some pictures of it all tomorrow and put it on here.
just...bear with me! cause it looks TERRIBLE.

its apparent you know from experience... :shifty:

haha of course, when i first planned to paint the LS, i wanted to do it as cheap as possible, when i heard some reviews about macco, i was very uneasy about paying someone to do the same work i had the ability to do myself, so instead of paying the 500 and worrying about imperfections, i just DIY, its really about the wet sanding process and polishing, i love to take my time and see the results, if your interested in the steps, PM me, ill teach you...ill post more pics of my LS soon

haha of course, when i first planned to paint the LS, i wanted to do it as cheap as possible, when i heard some reviews about macco, i was very uneasy about paying someone to do the same work i had the ability to do myself, so instead of paying the 500 and worrying about imperfections, i just DIY, its really about the wet sanding process and polishing, i love to take my time and see the results, if your interested in the steps, PM me, ill teach you...ill post more pics of my LS soon

trust me i know the steps, i worked at a restoration shop for two years were a cheap resto job was a hundred grand so inperfection wasnt an option, and 500 dollars would buy you a qaurt of paint not a paint job.

trust me i know the steps, i worked at a restoration shop for two years were a cheap resto job was a hundred grand so inperfection wasnt an option, and 500 dollars would buy you a qaurt of paint not a paint job.

damn, would love to see a car like that finished, yeah it is basic techniques and alittle practice helps

oh boy. A lot more drama around here than i thought there was!
haha. ANYWAYS...
Rollin, any word on that quote?
it's not very urgent cause it won't be for another couple months.
if you want i could take the car into him cause i've got some body work that needs to be done too. i'll take some pictures of it all tomorrow and put it on here.
just...bear with me! cause it looks TERRIBLE.

I talked to my friend yesterday. He use to own a Lincoln LS. He is familiar with own color, Autumn Red, and vehicle. To do it "right". Door jams, engine bay, trunk, etc.... Full color change $4500. You would be getting a show quality paint job. It would be PERFECT!!!! He did suggest a two tone with graphics or custom paint job. Using the Autumn Red as a base color. That would run $3500. Both quotes include body work, prep, supplies, etc.... If you want, I can post pictures and links to some of his work.

I want to paint my Ls GunMetal like that DB9 Pektel posted on his detailing thread lol

damn, would love to see a car like that finished, yeah it is basic techniques and alittle practice helps

the last one i worked on while there was a 1949 kurtis craft coupe. it was am all alluminum body and he wanted it painted gloss black..... man was that fun....

here is a picture of it at the Glenmoor gathering of significant cars

1949KurtisKraftSport.jpg

I talked to my friend yesterday. He use to own a Lincoln LS. He is familiar with own color, Autumn Red, and vehicle. To do it "right". Door jams, engine bay, trunk, etc.... Full color change $4500. You would be getting a show quality paint job. It would be PERFECT!!!! He did suggest a two tone with graphics or custom paint job. Using the Autumn Red as a base color. That would run $3500. Both quotes include body work, prep, supplies, etc.... If you want, I can post pictures and links to some of his work.

okay whoa.
that's a LOT. hahaha.
what about same color? I'm starting to like this color a little bit more after i finally gave it a good cleaning..
and if that would cut that price down significantly it'd be worth it..

the last one i worked on while there was a 1949 kurtis craft coupe. it was am all alluminum body and he wanted it painted gloss black..... man was that fun....

that's a really nice car..
can't say i could pull it off by any means...
but it'd look good.

that's a really nice car..
can't say i could pull it off by any means...
but it'd look good.

yeah i wouldnt drive it again, its a pain in the ass to drive but all old cars are. this car was a basket case from the beginning, the first owner hacked it up a good one. see these were sold as kit cars so any yahoo who bought it had to build it, which is probably why only 12 were made.

that chrome was a pain too... hours and hours of buffing. we had to send out the bumbers to get re chromed because they were in horrible shape

heres the first car i painted its my old one, this pic is before i buffed it, it was a cool car and was in an issue of Pontiac enthusiasts

car 1.jpg

okay whoa.
that's a LOT. hahaha.
what about same color? I'm starting to like this color a little bit more after i finally gave it a good cleaning..

Thats a lot better than 10k. I dont think thats a lot if it's going to be as good as rollin says it is.

okay whoa.
that's a LOT. hahaha.

if you like the color you have, i suggest the cheapest way to go is reconditioning, talk to pektel about that, you could keep the same paint, but it would look brand new, with that show room finish

nice little coupe, a few coats of primer? lol black is the best color to see imperfections, so it takes dedication to do a whole car black

Thats a lot better than 10k. I dont think thats a lot if it's going to be as good as rollin says it is.

i know that. but i just put almost 10K into it bringing it back from the dead. And that was just engine stuff. What if the tranny decides to fail? I just don't think i can justify 4000+ for a car that realistically may not last more than another two or three years. I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my LS. But i can't put 20K into a 2000. That's just not good sense.

Bring the LS by the car show on sunday. The show I PMed you about. I will take a look at it. See what can be done.

Few pictures of my friends work.

EG 33.jpg

EG 34.jpg

SIK 05.jpg

SIK 07.jpg

SIK 10.jpg

SIK 11.jpg

SIK 12.jpg

okay whoa.
that's a LOT. hahaha.

I'm a real fan of the current color that you have on your car. I would vote for you looking into what it would take for correcting your original paint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back