Paint Booster Upgrades?

Bullschmidt

LVC Photographer
Reaction score
Has anyone done any paint upgrades? There is a guy on the FB group says he spent $2,000 on paint booster that made his LS with 22's have "Pussy Wet Paint"

Discuss...

1461794_245410435617056_726752762_n.jpg

10460922_314518242039608_1462246656210471723_n.jpg

1461794_245410435617056_726752762_n.jpg

10460922_314518242039608_1462246656210471723_n.jpg

I did!!! but with plastidip... (results were the same..less literal though)

BUT CONTINUE.....

at work we use ceramic pro and opti- coat pro both are a finish that is baked in the car one panel at a time giving it a deep shine and scratch resistance, it is fairly expensive just to put opti on the minimum you can charge via the company's rules is $650, not including the gloss top coat and a full exterior detail before the product can be applied

Is the LS that's in the pictures the one that had the $2000 "paint booster"? If so, he must have selected the "50-year old housewife pussy" for his wet paint look, because honestly, that's nothing to brag about.

I enjoy detailing my own car, so I'm not looking for anything that lasts much longer than 6 months. Wet paint is the result of really nothing more than an excellent polish/glaze laid down on clean paint, followed by a sealant. Like with other things in life, detailing paint properly is all about the prep work. Do your prep work correctly, and everything else will fall into place.

1) "Pussy wet..." is a moronic expression that needs to go away.
2) That LS Facebook group is becoming inundated with mooks that use phrases like "pussy wet." There is a guy on there right now selling an intake and used that to describe the condition of the filter. :rolleyes:
3) You can get your paint to a mirror finish with ~$200 and a weekend worth of effort. Ntwrkguy1 pretty much addressed that.

http://cqfinest.com

Not worth it unless you have the paint professionally corrected or apply to a fresh paint job IMO but ceramic coating is about as good as it gets when it comes to shine and protection.

1) "Pussy wet..." is a moronic expression that needs to go away.
2) That LS Facebook group is becoming inundated with mooks that use phrases like "pussy wet." There is a guy on there right now selling an intake and used that to describe the condition of the filter. :rolleyes:
3) You can get your paint to a mirror finish with ~$200 and a weekend worth of effort. Ntwrkguy1 pretty much addressed that.

That pussy wet facebook group review!

There seems to be half a dozen guys I see on that page that talk about more then plastidip and rims and shiny paint, and I recognize all of them from here. The rest of the time it just clutters my feed with useless meme garbage and people repeating the same thing they said yesterday.

I quit getting my car detailed a while back as life got hectic but what I used to do was have a guy do a full detail which ran about $300 every 3 months and then take it back once a month where he re-waxed it and did touch-up's. Always seemed to work out great and I just dropped it off while at work. Bodywork and detail work are not something I have the patience for, but I can appreciate the skill involved and the results.

I'd rather just put the $2000 towards a full paint job then paint booster, specially if I wasn't changing colors. Nothing looks as good as properly done fresh paint. And while you are doing that, have some additives put into the mix to help it retain that look.

I have more of a "sweaty testicle" paint on my car at the moment. It still shines good but is definitely questionable in areas. It will be the last item I address in my process. .

Nah, yall are mistaken. That is 100% Pussy Wet Paint. The owner has confirmed this with proper documentation. Even notorized by PwP llc.

Members online

Back