Pacesetter headers

Offtopic... I have pacesetters on my bronco.... uncoated.... Ill never go uncoated again.

Ontopic... Yeah I dont think they work on a mark tho.

Why is it that kooks is the only kind that works, is it the width of the motor bay, or is it the down drop?

Why is it that kooks is the only kind that works, is it the width of the motor bay, or is it the down drop?

Its because they were made for the car, not a Mustang... the Marks have very tight clearance for headers so to make them fit they had to be built around the car....

The DOHC is also a very tight fit in a Mustang. The biggest problem fitting headers to the MN-12/FN-10 chassis is the steering shaft location. And then there's the issue of the Mark VIII specific smog fittings.

But, the Kid's right, not much room under here.

HPIM0419.JPG

HPIM0420.JPG

HPIM0406.JPG

HPIM0407.JPG

Looking at those pics just made me decide I will never have headers on my Mark. Even if I was swapping the motor I would be very hesitant. Thats so close that I bet there are occasional rattles fron the times the engine twists.
Id rather get a blower. :D

HOLY :q:q:q:q THAT IS SUPER TIGHT, right up against the frame. what exactly is the smog thing your talking about dlf, what headers are those, the kooks shorty ?

can a Navigator exhaust manifold fit our Marks???...I have a set and they look to have better flow than our stock manifold

Looking at those pics just made me decide I will never have headers on my Mark. Even if I was swapping the motor I would be very hesitant. Thats so close that I bet there are occasional rattles fron the times the engine twists.
Id rather get a blower. :D

With the solid rubber engine mounts I installed, I have had no such problems.

HOLY :q:q:q:q THAT IS SUPER TIGHT, right up against the frame. what exactly is the smog thing your talking about dlf, what headers are those, the kooks shorty ?

They are Stainless Steel Kook's 3/4 Headers. The EGR fitting and the AIR fittings are different than the 96-98 Cobra's.

can a Navigator exhaust manifold fit our Marks???...I have a set and they look to have better flow than our stock manifold

I don't think so, the Navi is a 5.4L. But '03-'04 Cobra manifolds do fit with modification to the steering shaft.

Members online

Back