Overhead Console Storage Bin

BlackLS06

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So mine is hanging now (taped for now) because the plastic tab on the door that helps secure it broke away a bit.

Anyone replace this? I was just gonna glue it shut since i dont use it but i hate doing ghetto work arounds to such a nice car.

I had to replace mine on my 04. It's not too hard to do if you have the sun roof. (Removal is easy, getting it the new one to snap back in is very hard unless you stick something through the sunroof to pry against.)

What do you guys keep up there?

I always thought it was for sunglasses?

I never used it.

It was just hanging down when i came outside from work since its been 120+ degrees in my car everyday after work. Even with the tint and sunshade.

I have a cheapo pair of aviators i keep up there. But the lenses get very fine cracks in them from the extreme heat up there.

This is a bit janky but mine did the same thing, don't know why but I thought it might be because of 2 12's pounding in the trunk but it's been like that since I got it. I decided to fix it with this...

‪Billy Mays Mighty Putty‬‏ - YouTube

If it has the strength to pull the 80,000 pound tractor trailer, I think it can hold up a dinky overhead storage bin. If you were wondering, it holds my sunroof switch for the sunroof I tend to look through wearing my Gas Cans.

Mine broke on my 05 last summer. I went on eBay and got a replacement for under 80 bucks. They are out there... and just keep looking. The one I needed wasn't listed the first few times I started looking but then there it was.

Very happy with my replacement.

Members online

Back