Opinion on exhaust tips and wheels

01GLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of just running some thrush mufflers along with these tips what y'all think?

20233.jpg

Also really liking these wheels

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-silverstone-5-lugs-silver-std-700.jpg

Not liking the tips. I would like to see how those wheels look on the car though. Usually I'm more of a 5 spoke kind of guy.

Diggin the rims, what sizes do they come in?
The tips...Only if you have an LSE and they fit the factory cutouts.

i was checking out those wheels for my self i really wanna see how they look on a ls

I really like the wheels. Great choice.:cool:

The exhaust tips.:yuck: To over the top for a LS. I know a lot of members go with the round angle cut chrome. Or the dual angle cut tips like the LSE. I went with a set of Mercedes Benz E430 AMG tips. Cost me $117 off Ebay. I had them installed on my Magnaflow cat back. They look and sound great.

LS tips 01.jpg

LS tips 02.jpg

LS tips 03.jpg

Magnaflow 07.jpg

Magnaflow 08.jpg

No chrome 02.jpg

Calendar 07a.JPG

The extra stuff in the tip looks cheap to me, dont like it. The wheels look good, atleast in 18, better with 19's.

Not liking the tips. I would like to see how those wheels look on the car though. Usually I'm more of a 5 spoke kind of guy.
I like 5 spoke too but these just caught me eyes
Diggin the rims, what sizes do they come in?
The tips...Only if you have an LSE and they fit the factory cutouts.
18x8 also have them in 19x8, no factory cutouts was just planing on cutting bumper.
i was checking out those wheels for my self i really wanna see how they look on a ls
If I can find a vendor of mine that has them I will order one to see.

Wheels look good. Tips not so much.
:(

I really like the wheels. Great choice.:cool:

The exhaust tips.:yuck: To over the top for a LS. I know a lot of members go with the round angle cut chrome. Or the dual angle cut tips like the LSE. I went with a set of Mercedes Benz E430 AMG tips. Cost me $117 off Ebay. I had them installed on my Magnaflow cat back. They look and sound great.
That's the thing not sure if I wanna go with what everyone else has.
The extra stuff in the tip looks cheap to me, dont like it. The wheels look good, atleast in 18, better with 19's.

Tips are not cheap, they are the borla tips usually found on ls1 camaro/ws6. They do offer the wheels in 18/19 but not sure if 19's would be too much.

Those exhaust tips look nice, I just dont like that one is not set back further than the other so you can follow the curve of the bumper and have the same amount on both showing past the bumper. If they can be found that way and you cut out your bumper correctly (if Gen 1 I assume) they may look good. I used to have square double tips, my round offsets look much better.

BTW, those grids inside the borla tips are actually suppose to be functional, supposedly cool the exhaust and extract the exhaust I believe on Borla tips.

After the holidays I think I'm going to start getting the wheels, only going 18" though.

This is what i went with on my black car. Tried to on the white one but they were to wide for the 2002 LSE Rear valance exhuast tipcut out

bosal.jpg

This is what i went with on my black car. Tried to on the white one but they were to wide for the 2002 LSE Rear valance exhuast tipcut out

where'd u find those at? are they the same as Hyelife's

....oh, and OP. those tips are are horrible. plenty of better choices out there

Members online

No members online now.
Back