Operation Complete Now for the exhaust

I have heard that there is something you can put in to give a dummy reading? Has anyone tried this and does it work?

Why would you NOT want to run O2 sensors?

Those sims are only for OBD-II cars with FOUR O2 sensors. You usually remove the rear two.

well im going to go with the BBK1515 equal length chrome plated headers now to choose the off road pipe.

StincolnLincoln said:
well im going to go with the BBK1515 equal length chrome plated headers now to choose the off road pipe.

Let up know how it goes installing them:) Pics:)

(I have the same headers and have not had the time/been too chicken to install them)

check out bassani equal length shorties. love the sound and the quality is just insane.

or be a man and switch to long tubes!

I'm honestly thinking that long tube may be what i put on my mark. my lightning is getting equal length shorties cause i was stupid and did the exhaust from the cats back already. don't want to have to redo all that nice shiny 3 inch pipe.

lol i havent ordered the headers yet had to rethink the budget since i started a new contract job making a hell of alot less money. This sucks. I was even gonna have a fellow member on here create the 3" chrome tail pipes for me and have them shipped.. and uummm long tube headers wouldnt they sag on my 88 lsc..do u have pics of the long tube install. let a brotha know wasup.

i know they work ok at stock ride height. let me look around, i had some pics of another mark vii that had some long tubes on it, it still had the stock airbags, too.

Unlike my suspension, his worked. :shifty:

i don't think the long tubes will be that bad. my mark has a pretty bad hacked up exhaust on it with some glasspacks that are coming off next week. i'm probably going to put some 2.5" magnaflows on there. i dig the sound that my lightning has with 3 inch but it's a 351, too.

yeah im up in the air with the magnaflow and the 40series flow masters i heard them both on Mark7's and damn they both sound good

StincolnLincoln said:
yeah im up in the air with the magnaflow and the 40series flow masters i heard them both on Mark7's and damn they both sound good

Magnaflow's all the way. I have flowmaster 40's, no cats, bbk equal length shortie headers, removed air silencer...and i CAN NOT STAND how the flowmasters sound, they suck.

93zzzt said:
i know they work ok at stock ride height. let me look around, i had some pics of another mark vii that had some long tubes on it, it still had the stock airbags, too.

Unlike my suspension, his worked. :shifty:

i don't think the long tubes will be that bad. my mark has a pretty bad hacked up exhaust on it with some glasspacks that are coming off next week. i'm probably going to put some 2.5" magnaflows on there. i dig the sound that my lightning has with 3 inch but it's a 351, too.

What year is your mark vii?

aaww damn well i am going to get my offroad pipe next week . cant decide with or without cats..the mustang H pipe

it's a 92 lsc.

i think we all went thru the flowbastard phase.

if you want to sound like every other generic mustang get the flows. a lot of people seem to like them. like he said, they sound like ass.

like i said i have magnaflows on my lightning and it sounds great, no drone (secret: make one pipe longer than the other to remove drone. half inch or so is fine.) very throaty under heavy acceleration. sounds interesting but not too interesting at idle.

Unless you change your steering shaft or go to a manual rack and pinion you will never get long tubes to fit on your car. They barely fit on 89 and older marks, when the dash and interior changed including the SRS (airbag) in 1990-1992 Marks VII's the steering shaft was moved, only two ways to do it and niether of them are fun. :)

nah think i will stick with the equal length headers. so magnaflow huh.. hhmm ok another question ....H PIPE for 88LSC which one to go with who has one on there MK7 and if you can remember what is the part no# and or what site or place did u order it from. I already have the Mandral bent tail pipes that will be cut for when i can get those 3" tips made for them

StincolnLincoln said:
nah think i will stick with the equal length headers. so magnaflow huh.. hhmm ok another question ....H PIPE for 88LSC which one to go with who has one on there MK7 and if you can remember what is the part no# and or what site or place did u order it from. I already have the Mandral bent tail pipes that will be cut for when i can get those 3" tips made for them

lol you guys really dont know what your getting yourself into. Remember this, these cars ARE NOT MUSTANGS. you gotta do stuff to get sh*t to work on em. I run equal length shorties on my '90 and installation goes as follows-

Passenger side. - Unbolt motor mount, curse, get cherry picker, curse, lift engine up, curse, remove header, curse ALOT, replace header, drink beer, cruse, rebolt motor mount and lower engine into place. You must also note unless your motor mounts are in near perfect condtion THE HEADER WILL LAY ON THE BODY, RUB A HOLE IN THE HEADERS AND CAUSE LOTS OF VIBRATIONS.

Driver side- not nearly as bad but the abs MC has to be pryed outta the way (if you still have it) to remove the header...total pain in the ass.

Just get regular shorties or long tubes with a flaming river manual rack, thats what i'll probably wind up doing with the other motor.

lmao @ curse.. i understand my car isnt a mustang but it has the manifold from 1988 on it and the exhaust is shot. i just want it to sound a hell of alot better some growl if u please and definitely want some more horse power if i can im not trying tio build a race car. so should i just not do the header thingy and just change from the cats back or what...oh and by the way i just had new motor mounts installed.

StincolnLincoln said:
lmao @ curse.. i understand my car isnt a mustang but it has the manifold from 1988 on it and the exhaust is shot. i just want it to sound a hell of alot better some growl if u please and definitely want some more horse power if i can im not trying tio build a race car. so should i just not do the header thingy and just change from the cats back or what...oh and by the way i just had new motor mounts installed.

Get aftermarket mustang SHORTY headers...it'll be worth it, the stock mark vii headers are horrible. Those SHORTY headers will bolt RIGHT up to your stock pipes...or your new pipes. ;)

LOL, i know i was just stating that it takes some effort to get aftermarket stang and t-bird (suspension) parts to fit on our lincolns.

I've been through, i'm going through it right now actually. I just cut the abs wiring right out of the main harness, pulled the abs, bent all new lines, added an SVO stang Master cylinder, Ford Racing proportional valve, summit line lock, 90 stang gt booster, re loomed my harness, relocated it, ran oil pressure, water temp guages through the firewall, custom molded a dual cavalier guage pod with fiberglass right onto my driver side pillar, put a new power steering pump in it, relocated my starter solenoid...and re mounted the other parts of the harness and secured the brake lines. Talk about a pain in the ass, i've done just the above since this sunday...everynight after i got off work. :eek:

04-18-06_0037.jpg

04-18-06_0038.jpg

04-18-06_0039.jpg

04-18-06_0213.jpg

ok im sending u my car lol i will pick it up in about 6 to 8 mths lol...ok the headers i have been looking at that someone else has on there MK7 are BBK header 1515series there shorty equal length help that big ass engine breath a little better until i do the mass air.

All this work...sigh...

Everytime i look at my mark i also see my lightning and how easy it is to work on...

I got under the mark and yeah the power steering location sucks. But i dont think a decent set of shorties is going to be that difficult to put in there. Have to be better than the stock ones, they just suck.

StincolnLincoln said:
ok im sending u my car lol i will pick it up in about 6 to 8 mths lol...ok the headers i have been looking at that someone else has on there MK7 are BBK header 1515series there shorty equal length help that big ass engine breath a little better until i do the mass air.

You sure are stubborn. lol :p Just go grab a set of regular unequal shorty headers for a 87-93 5.0 mustang and you are set. Unless you dont mind jacking the motor up and going through tons of bull to get equal length shorties to fit, then do that. :)

Here are the headers on my car -
2264205_92_full.jpg

2264205_48_full.jpg

Talk about a pain in the dick...heres a pic of them in the car on the easier side.

2264205_89_full.jpg

93zzzt said:
All this work...sigh...

Everytime i look at my mark i also see my lightning and how easy it is to work on...

I got under the mark and yeah the power steering location sucks. But i dont think a decent set of shorties is going to be that difficult to put in there. Have to be better than the stock ones, they just suck.

A regular set of shorties is not a problem at all, no different then replacing stock headers except the stock ones SUCK and the aftermarkets dont. The FMS ones i've seen look like ass, bbk or something are good, like always I recommend a set of Fel-Pro header gaskets part #1415 NOT manifold gaskets the gaskets they give you with the headers SUCK. Good lucks guys, make those lincolns breathe....

All the work that i have done to my car started with a set of headers and flowmasters...i couldnt get enough after that. :D

Members online

Back