Ooops got popped in the LSC!!!

is that electrical tape on your cluster?????

is that tape.jpg

It's those pesky helicopters that are hard to outrun, although I have firsthand knowledge that a twin turbo 03 Cobra will outrun an Eurocopter AS350B (no I was not driving.)

I passed a state cop going the other way yesterday during my trip to Farmington NM doing about 110. He did not have his radar on, he just stared at me as we passed and he continued on his way. Just in case he decided to turn around I decided to put some distance between us:

Looking at the temp guage, does it not work?...Did you just start up and take off?...Or was the car on a lift!:D

Mark VIII's don't go too fast on a lift. The tires/suspension sag too much and you can fry the halfshafts as they're not designed to turn at such an angle.

I know, I tried it once when I had a little vibration coming out of the rear. I didn't fry the half shafts, but the angle they were in, they wouldn't have lasted long.

Mark VIII's don't go too fast on a lift. The tires/suspension sag too much and you can fry the halfshafts as they're not designed to turn at such an angle.

I know, I tried it once when I had a little vibration coming out of the rear. I didn't fry the half shafts, but the angle they were in, they wouldn't have lasted long.

That goes for all cars.... You need to use pole jacks to compress the rear suspension or you tear the cv joints apart and that is extremely dangerous when the wheels are turning 70-80 mph...

Yeah in my automotive shop class the teacher was telling how this guy was checking for cv joint or wheel bearing noise with a stephoscope on a lift and he walked away and the wheels were going 80mph and the thing blew up and sent parts everywhere. Luckily no one was hurt but I just thought that you opened the door for a good oppurtunity to share, and anyone who ever checks might remember this and know better. :)

is that electrical tape on your cluster?????

Yep it is actually. The indicator light for the brights doesn't dim with the rest of the panel when you turn the rheostat. I always run with the brights on because, well, it's a gen 1, and that blue indicator light can get pretty annoying after >200mi of highway night driving every week. So I just stuck some electrical tape on there.

Looking at the temp guage, does it not work?...Did you just start up and take off?...Or was the car on a lift!:D

130mph of air going through there will cool it off pretty well..

Just so you guys know. LVC does not condone street racing nor breaking traffic laws. Have fun and stay safe.

I love fast...just got popped myself at 86 in a 65 in "Slowlumbus" - I feel your pain Godfather, I also live it,....got stupid ticket, parked ! , a week before the speeding ticket for FTD...(what sucks about OH is POINTS!)

Gotta tell ya L- big brother is starting to bust people via their posts pics and vids of them driving at high speeds and/or wreckless op. I know of several cases in other countries also. It is not difficult at all to find out who is who, what where n when on the www.

Just sharing what I know.

Smooches
MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back