one week without a smoke

There is no right way or wrong way to stop.
Cutting back will make you see the things you relate smoking with.
When you pound down 40 a day you relate it to everything.
Getting it to ten is good then you will find out what triggers you have to want that smoke.

Eric sorry about your dad.
I have put three people in the ground that were very close to me from cigarette related deaths.

The best smell to me is the lighting of a cig with a match.
I smell it once and I want a smoke...just for a instant.

I quit over 17 years ago.

My Dad died at age 46 Heart Attack due to heavy smoking ...

I was 19 at the time I'm 48 now ... Never Smoked and I'm an advocate for a smoke free world.

It's hard Jamie and best wishes to you wanting to quit but it's going to take you to quit to quit.

My wife smoked since 11 quite at age 27 started again at age 34 has tried to quit since .... has only made one complete year since and is now 40. It is very hard to quit.

It happens........Things could always be worse.......Jamie, go out and get a big bag of dum dum suckers, cavities are better then cancer!

Beer + Cigarettes is hard to break. Keep trying. Took me 5 attempts to finally do it and 2 of them were after I had quit for over a year, but had a couple of beers and thought I could lite up one or two and woke up the next morning with a pack on the night stand. I eventually went to the gum so I could chew and drink beer at the same time. Lots of gum as there was lots of beer. That took a couple of years to work thru so I didn't need gum any more. I did spend as much chewing as I had been puffing as I was a two plus pack a day.

I had been waking up several times in the middle of the night for a couple smokes, and when I finally broke that I felt great. I also remember apologizing to my friends whose houses I smoked in and they were gracious enough to provide an ash tray for me when I visited. Today I don't have an ash tray in the house and nobody is allowed to smoke in it. I even take my clothes off in the laundry room after coming home from a badly vented bar that still allows smoking. Thank goodness they have now changed the smoking laws around here so I can stop doing that.

Keep trying Jamie !! I finally broke it in 1992, after 30 years.

im goingon a week without smoking a cigarette. i'm sick of paying for them and sick of how they make me, my car, my clothes all stink and i just plain had enough. been smoking 14 years and got up to 2 packs a day, and just stopped last week. the first few days didnt bother me at all but now specially today i am ready to kill anyone or anything thats walks near me. my wife is mad and left with the kids to go to the store just because i am being a dick. i cannot help it, she tried to quit and went 2 days without one, i'm still going but now it is really bugging me. this sucks lol i wish it was easier.

My brother and I never smoked,,our sister does,,she blames it on going away to AIRLINE SCHOOL in Chicago,,50yrs ago. Her husband never smoked,,he had allergies. He passed 3-4 years ago. I think the reason I never smoked is because my dad worked night turn for many years and when I'd be getting ready for school,,he'd be coming home,,coughing and spitting on the back porch,,constantly telling me NEVER DO THIS,,between COUGHS. He accidently burned up on a road job. (shovel operator) When they did the autopsy the doctor used what he found to help my mother get BLACK LUNG benefits,,losing her husband.

Beer + Cigarettes is hard to break. Keep trying. Took me 5 attempts to finally do it and 2 of them were after I had quit for over a year, but had a couple of beers and thought I could lite up one or two and woke up the next morning with a pack on the night stand. I eventually went to the gum so I could chew and drink beer at the same time. Lots of gum as there was lots of beer. That took a couple of years to work thru so I didn't need gum any more. I did spend as much chewing as I had been puffing as I was a two plus pack a day.

I had been waking up several times in the middle of the night for a couple smokes, and when I finally broke that I felt great. I also remember apologizing to my friends whose houses I smoked in and they were gracious enough to provide an ash tray for me when I visited. Today I don't have an ash tray in the house and nobody is allowed to smoke in it. I even take my clothes off in the laundry room after coming home from a badly vented bar that still allows smoking. Thank goodness they have now changed the smoking laws around here so I can stop doing that.

Keep trying Jamie !! I finally broke it in 1992, after 30 years.

PORT CLINTON,,OHIO ??? I remember that nice place WELL. I used to get lots of FAN mail from there when I worked at W.O.H.O. radio in Toledo in the 70's ROCKIN' & ROLLIN'. In fact we raised money for a little girl with a KIDNEY problem from there. "LINDA WALLAND" was her name. I think I spelled her last name right,,it's been years. THEMOJOMAN.COM

I quit monday and went straight edge. No more coffee, beer, or cigarettes. Went on a diet and started running twice aday. LOL, its only been 3 days, hopefully I can keep it up.

I quit monday and went straight edge. No more coffee, beer, or cigarettes. Went on a diet and started running twice aday. LOL, its only been 3 days, hopefully I can keep it up.

Good luck man...its hard but if you wanna bad enough it can happen.

Members online

Back