Old thread but nice car

It is a really clean car.

I hear this ticking they were talking about too in mine. :-/

i also have a slight tick at idle. and have as long as i can remember. and at 187k miles and counting, i'm really not to worried about it.

Ticking sound? I got 184,00 and have had it happen once or twice in the last 6 months. Engine still pulls strong and doesn't use oil or smoke. I was hoping to get another 16,000 before installing a 99 Cobra I just got.

Hes a friend of mine he got tired of it and now drives a grand prix how sad.
I have seen the car once in person after he sold it about 18 months back it still looked good and clean that day.
He is a member here under the same name too.
Also cordavon and silver frost were the only colors available on the diamond anniversary cars.

I was hoping to get another 16,000 before installing a 99 Cobra I just got.

Good luck putting that in our engine bay, I can barely get the 96-98 Cobra manifold to clear the hood after a few hours with a grinder, I doubt the whole 99 Cobra will fit.

I was making a joke about putting an entire Mustang Cobra car into the engine bay, but thanks.

i also have a slight tick at idle. and have as long as i can remember. and at 187k miles and counting, i'm really not to worried about it.

Yeah I get that as well whenever the engine is below ~70degrees F
I thought it was a part in the driver side valve train. Guy at the dealership told me it is probably my chain tensioner. IDK.
I am at 222,230mi and I am hoping I can make it two more years before I have to open her up. :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back