OK WTF is this?

It's snake oil. From my understanding it's suppose to trick the computer to think it's like 40 degrees outside. This in turn is suppose increase HP.

Stay away from that junk!

they have stuff like that for a lot of cars. all it does is trick the computer into advancing the timing by about 2 digres or so. you wont feel a diffrince but for the $3 or so it is worth the chance that it might give you a few HP, if not it was $3 so F it.

What it is, is a .001 OHM resistor. You remove your ambient sensor and replace it with this resistor. Some applications it may trick your computer, but for the most part stay away from it. It's junk.

right - it plugs into your IAT sensor harness - instead of your IAT sensor.. you can make your own by measuring the ohms of your IAT sensor and then through it in the freezer for an hour - then measure it again - then go buy the resistor to match that value.

By putting the resistor in the harness you fool the PCM to believe that the IAT sensor is reading it's very cold outside - which on older vechiles would tell the computer to add more fuel to the mix.

On your LS - the PCM will tend to believe that the sensor is bad after a while and throw a fault code - or try to 'guess' at the sensor reading using input from other sensors - which will cause the car to not run as smoothly.

Fordman said:
What it is, is a .001 OHM resistor. You remove your ambient sensor and replace it with this resistor. Some applications it may trick your computer, but for the most part stay away from it. It's junk.

Its a .01 ohm resistor +-5%. Black Brown Silver Gold.

Resistance = .005ohm - .0105ohm

1b_1_b.jpg

Oh this is great... fixed air temp reading... I like the guy holding the resistor in, I bet that holds up well under the hood. At least this junk bolt on is only 3 bucks...

Sensor

Fordman said:

Fordman,
Perhaps you may have seen my posting in early Feb. Got a couple of hits from kleetus and eL eS and a dono from akirby. I was asking about a rich exhaust and erratic engine running when the engine is cold. ie, the car, 03 3.9, surges or over accelerates and smooth tip in is all but impossible. It takes 4-6 miles till things return to normal. Wonder if you know if that condition could be caused by a faulty ambient sensor. Any thoughts appreciated. Lincolnlov

Members online

No members online now.
Back