OK, where do I get this hood and bumper?

I firgured I'd do carbon fiber with a vac mold, that way I could just leave it raw like all the ricers do........

Lol.... Just kidding

I firgured I'd do carbon fiber with a vac mold, that way I could just leave it raw like all the ricers do........

Lol.... Just kidding

Ricers have really killed the general publics opinion on what carbon fiber is all about. It's the strongest and lightest material avail. If you want a rigid car and don't have room for braces everywhere, just make it out of carbon fiber.

The bad thing about it, it doesn't like dark paint layed over it. It reacts, or something, that's why it's finished off raw with polished enamel most of the time. Not just so it looks cool.. like the ricers have made everyone believe.

hey welcome to florida LEE, we are planning another mark VIII meet and cook out for early summer, i'd love to see the car in person, and meet another mark owner! orlando is a 90 minute drive to me at 75mph!! you need to come around this site more often!

thanks Jamie.let me know when and where.Your right i do need to start coming around to this site more often.

Man, sometimes I wish I hadn't moved out of FL, all the nice Marks are down there. Jaime keep me in the loop too about your meet, my mom still lives in FL and I might drive down for a photo op and to see relatives. :D

Wow... didn't expect to see lee chime in on this! I thought he was MIA!

He's just a super lurker. :lol:

I sent him a pm months ago, just as a shot in the dark. He replied the same day and answered all my questions...real cool guy.

I PM'd him when I first join last year to find out how he did that, that's one of the first things I want to do when I get my Mark this summer. Prolly have to get a normal glass cowl hood and cut it out.

Yes i did finish the rear spoiler,i took pictures of the whole process,downloaded them to my photobucket and they are all gone.dont know what happened?i went to post them last night because i forgot to post them when i finished it last year,i will have to take some more pics and post them.

I'd love more pics of the spoiler... doing one on Stack's car... based of the fact that he loves your spoiler...

I'd love more pics of the spoiler... doing one on Stack's car... based of the fact that he loves your spoiler...

okay i was able to find some older pics,but i dont have the pictures of it finished
with the sides.i have mixed feelings about it,didnt turn out the way i had imagined it.i think you would be better off buy one from lincolnmotorsports.
Picture011.jpg

HPIM0298-1.jpg

HPIM0294-1.jpg

okay i was able to find some older pics,but i dont have the pictures of it finished
with the sides.i have mixed feelings about it,didnt turn out the way i had imagined it.

HPIM0298-1.jpg

It's still nice work..

Maybe if it was more subtle as far as the depth it comes out from the body, then the sides would almost be gone as it got into the quarter? If you're not happy with it, that might look really good and be an 'easy' (lol) solution..

Excellent work but the lip is too high and oddly shaped imho. Great job though non the less, I couldn't glass a piece of cardboard, lmao!!

Members online

Back