Official Workout Thread?

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Give/get advice, post your goals and current standings ect. I think it would be a good thread, Ive seen quite a few other threads that ran off topic cause of this topic so why not give it a shot? This is not a name calling or put down thread, for confidence, support and advice. Lets get it started! Pete, Morbid, I know you guys workout from Debbie's thread so post up!

Im gonna start fresh tomorrow with a change in my routine because I cant add size to my chest and its really pissing me off. I throw abs into every workout at the end just to finish myself off so to speak. Tomorrow is my normal day for chest tho. Going to do Straight, Incline, Decline, Dumbbell bench press, pushups, dips and then some crunches or leg lifts. What do you guys think?

Also, Im taking Jack3d right now, was on SuperPump250 but it started to give me adverse effects from using for too long(night terrors, lack of sleep, ect) Take about 60gr of whey throughout the day as well.

:D

indeed

Formerly obese/heavy set I cut myself to a low carb diet, eating healthy and mostly organic. I workout 6 days a week and eat my essential vitamins. I'd be happy to give any advice or tips. Though I'd so love if I stumbled across some steroids.....it would soooo help not only my physique but also my career as it will reduce muscle wear, distrophy. But to each his own...

16658_100179183345495_100000602402066_1632_941941_n.jpg

16658_100177633345650_100000602402066_1542_37473_n.jpg

2636_1124335709910_1272657105_30373892_1695750_n.jpg

muscles.jpg

best advice. Creatine supplements are good for short term only on times when you are doing heavy weights. Not intended for medium to light as your body already produces creatine monohydrate. Creatine is to a muscle as water is to a balloon and protein compound is the cement addative to that waterballoon. tha'ts why creatine is good for size but because it's water based it doesn't stay in your system long so if you take a thick protein such as meat after taking creatine it is likely that the creatine will be out of your system by the time your body uses the protin. You can eat protein prior to working out then taking creatine after the workout for best effects. I hate creatine supplwments that have fillers/caffine so Jack3d is good, I also use jack3d on heavy weight days and have creatine monohydrate that I pour a scoop into my water on non body building days (to maintain my creatine tollerance.

Biggest thing to remember is that the thicker the mass you eat or drink (like a pill) the longer it takes through your digestion...more of it is absorbed and used but takes longer to go through a complete process.

Hense protein shakes will give you a good recovery or quick protein but won't give you size....red meats are best for size, fish is good for endurance/heart, chicken is good for horomones/diet

Now see Ive heard/read the complete opposite about protein and red meats. From my understanding your body absorbs more when you space it out over time, I take my 60gr in 20gr increments throughout the day. When you load yourself your body just pushes it through and wont get the full benefit.

if you space it out more it is able to absorb more, yes, but as I stated SOLID foods are better for true nutrients vs a protein shake or a gelcap.

Think of it as a conveyor belt that dispences birdseed and there's birds all lined up...those bird are picking out the nutrients as the conveyer belt moves...now a heavier more solid birdseed will weigh down the belt and make it move slower...allowing the bird to pick at it longer...to spread it out and still be dense/thick it's able to gather EVEN MORE.

this is all theory and proven quite well...but then again it's 2am and Im' tired!!!!

I just had an a guy come and look at the apartment to be my new roomie and was here from 9-12:30

Now see Ive heard/read the complete opposite about protein and red meats. From my understanding your body absorbs more when you space it out over time, I take my 60gr in 20gr increments throughout the day. When you load yourself your body just pushes it through and wont get the full benefit.

what are your goals? bigger, smaller? faster? leaner? what?

protein shakes serve a fillers...so what in your routine are you filling it for?

me I use it for meal replacement to keep my caloric intake down...I only go high calories on heavy weight days

Lean growth. Mainly just my chest tho, I like the size of my bi/tri, back, shoulders and legs. I take in atleast 3000 calories, 4 well balanced meals throughout the day.

then get big on bench press...nothing builds that chest and make it nice than bench presses (incline, flat, etc) and flies. NO MACHINES. do cable weights / freeweights. You'll want to take in double your lean mass in grams of protein everytime you do a heavy workout day and then also the day after (as your body of still recovering) I could suggest 3 days of heavy and doing cardio/medium weights on the days in between.

Well my plan of attack today is below for chest, Ill get a progress pic as well while Im there. I hope this weekend didnt set me back any, gonna be pist!

Going to do Straight, Incline, Decline, Dumbbell bench press, pushups, dips and then some crunches or leg lifts. What do you guys think?

Oh and 10x4 on each if I can.

Taking a week off for drinking took its toll.

Started at 165 on the flat bench, 10 reps, +10lbs for another 10, +10lbs got 9 1/2, +25lbs got 10, back to 165 for 12 reps. Used to do 185lbs for 4 sets of 10

Dont recall numbers on everything else but they were lacking what I used to do. Overall was a quick workout tho, had other things to do.

This is were Im at right now, 5' 11" 171lbs

0601101903-00.jpg

Going to do Straight, Incline, Decline, Dumbbell bench press, pushups...

:D

Linc, part of your problem not adding much size to your chest is that you're doing all of those different movements in the same workout. it's hurting more than helping. you need to split them up in pairs and change it up every 4-6 weeks. and you only want to work a specific muscle group every 3-5 days depending on your recovery rate. for example..biceps and triceps. back and legs and then save a whole day for chest.
On your chest day try doing incline and decline together with the proper rest periods between sets. do that for 4-6 weeks every 3-5 days. then switch to chest flies (cable or dumbbell your choice) and straight bench. or whatever you prefer. warm up with a couple sets of push ups and then when you're done with everything burn out with push ups.
But the main thing you want to keep in mind is that you have to keep your muscles confused so they don't get used to the workout. If they get used to it you'll stop seeing the results you working so hard for. hence rotating your workout every 4-6 weeks

if you are looking for lean "model body" gains, big weight is not the answer

lot's of reps and gradual increase and decrease in the set...

I usually start @ 12 reps of a lighter weight
move to 7 reps of a heavier weight
go to 5 reps of even heavier
then go back to the 7 reps
then finish up with the 12 reps

and that's a complete deal on any workout I do, the weight differs with the workout and I do not stop in between sets... I keep rolling each set into one complete spiral of different weights so I feel a continuous burn

I'm fairly certain my before and after would dwarf any other member here

before the routine @ 240lbs with a size 42 waist
BrianAnthony.gif

after the weight was gone before weight training @ 170lbs with a size 34/36 waist
100_1840.gif

IMG_0769-1.gif

most recent @ 190lbs with a size 34/36 waist
IMG_1029.gif

SatMay22154327EDT2010.gif

32541_550343126338_53701754_3187900.gif

as you can see my arms/shoulders have gotten to a pretty gigantic size considering how skinny I was to start with yet I'm still retraining the model looking body without looking disgustingly huge... it's easy to get big, it's an art to sculpt yourself... I'd recommend the step up routine to a lot of people IMO

+1 my putting in more bodyparts in one workout you are burning more calories and the protein you take is destributed to the muscles most fatigued (arms first the shoulders then chest) so by focusing just on chest you are fatigueing only the chest so ALL protein goes to the chest.

and whats with the nipple piercings? Are you planning to pull a trailer?

Ill try some of these other techniques next time I do chest.

Pete, Im not sure why I really got them, it was a spontaneous thing and most of the women I go with like them so.

I think Im doing shoulders and tri's today, cant remember, got the routine in my notebook, been too long.

spontanious...aight. I hope to get a spontanious tat soon. I want my whole shoulder to be the head of a lion. I think that'd be killer, just dunno when to do it.....

...also thought of a MADE IN AMERICA (w/ flag) tat on my other shoulder, or neck, or ass haha

spontanious...aight. I hope to get a spontanious tat soon. I want my whole shoulder to be the head of a lion. I think that'd be killer, just dunno when to do it.....

...also thought of a MADE IN AMERICA (w/ flag) tat on my other shoulder, or neck, or ass haha

spontaneous tat's don't fly too well down the road... my first tattoo was thought of two years before it was applied... and that's the one on my hand in the picture above, I love it and it will never get old, compliments daily

I'd say give it at least 6 months of thought

All of my tats are walk ins. Naked zombie pin up, some latin, tribal work, a cross, a rose with the ex-wifes initials(shutup), a firechicken, and the one in between my hips are the Puerto Rican and Canadian flags with the word pride.

I need more latin on me, gonna get an eagle on my chest with the phrase "brothers in arms" except in latin next I think. Oh and some more zombies.

I did 9.5hrs of massage today and I'm only running on 2 protein shakes...hows' bout that NGA!

10 miles of running a day now, stepped up the cardio now that I have the business running smoothly
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e353/bharsen/Prague7.jpg

not sure how I still manage after they are so beat up from the day before and on and on... my hip grinds on my leg as well... but once I start running it's just a drive where I do not feel these things at all

ALSO

I would highly recommend this while you are working out...

YouTube- Nonpoint-Bullet With A Name

they weren't much to me at first just listening to regularly but while working out the music they create is like a coke induced speed ball shot right into your eyeball, just discovered this a couple days ago xD

also, just finished #1 of the 10 numbers that will represent my anger/bipolarness

Prague8.gif

can't wait for the swelling to go down lol

Im getting "NULLUM DESIDERIUM" on the back of my arms soon. Means "No Regret" I also want to get this chest piece in a bad way except across my entire chest with the same phrase. It means "Brothers in Arms" or atleast the best translation to it as possible. Pic attached below.

So today was a very strange day at the gym for me. Chest day, on the flat bench I struggled hard with 4 sets of ten with only 165lbs. It was so bad, I got wicked pissed at myself, my friend that I go with was having the same trouble but hes a slacker and complains all the time anyway. Then on the incline I exploded and knocked out 6 sets of 12 with a higher weight than normal, I felt like I didnt want to stop. Did decline which was sub par and flys which again I crushed.. Was a weird day, I dont know what to think of it. Also on the flat bench I tried shortening my grip with no avail, I cant control the weight enough so I stuck with my pinky fingers on the inside of the ring. Its kind of like a wide grip hold and I pretty much, dont tuck my arms at all. Not losing hope tho, tomorrow is another day.

interarmafratres.jpg

Members online

Back