Official LS Picture Thread

Is that on the way to Ramona, east of the Animal Park?? I CAN'T WAIT for our bathroom to be done so we can actually get out of the house!!!! Weekends are too crowded!!

Yes sir, the pullout halfway up.
Wish I had the scratch to redo my bathrooms hahaha!

Thanks man.
Front: 19x8.5 et40 running 225/35 tires and a 36mm spacer
Rear: 19x9.5 et48 255/35 and a 24mm spacer
Having to run such large spacers makes me REALLY sad (and regretful) because it means I could have bought a lot wider wheels in the first place.... soon :)

I'm confused by this. When bull had the rover wheels on the offset was et57 and he had 20mm? Adapters which brought the final offset of the wheel 37mm.

If you starting offset was 40 and you have a 36 spacer wouldn't that bring the offset to et4. Which would be ridiculously too low for an LS?

Yes sir, the pullout halfway up.
Wish I had the scratch to redo my bathrooms hahaha!

That is one whale of an LS road!!!! Try Wynola Rd, a few miles before Julian. That is one FUN drive!! A right turn at the end takes you to the north side of Julian.

It took almost 20 years of saving.....

We still have 2 more that could use some freshening. Our kid's bath will need to be done next, but the cost should be a fraction of what ours cost!

Weather warmed up and snagged a few shots of my lincoln. Still up in the air about wheels with this color. I feel chrome is the way to go, but let me know what ya think please. I'm gonna tint my whole windshield 50% with a 5% eyebrow. Right now I have 15% all the way around.

image.jpg

That is one whale of an LS road!!!! Try Wynola Rd, a few miles before Julian. That is one FUN drive!! A right turn at the end takes you to the north side of Julian.

It took almost 20 years of saving.....

We still have 2 more that could use some freshening. Our kid's bath will need to be done next, but the cost should be a fraction of what ours cost!

I'm quite familiar with the roads there...and if you want a twisty try Highland Valley. Warning: Those signs that say "15mph" _MEAN_ 15mph!

And I'm hoping I can get there someday, rich I am not :(

Weather warmed up and snagged a few shots of my lincoln. Still up in the air about wheels with this color. I feel chrome is the way to go, but let me know what ya think please. I'm gonna tint my whole windshield 50% with a 5% eyebrow. Right now I have 15% all the way around.

I've always been partial to chrome with dark colors. That said, chrome lasts only about 4 to 6 years before it starts becoming an issue. Chrome is for show and polished/painted are for go......

I'm quite familiar with the roads there...and if you want a twisty try Highland Valley. Warning: Those signs that say "15mph" _MEAN_ 15mph!

And I'm hoping I can get there someday, rich I am not :(

Yea, I know!!! When I was teaching my daughter how to drive (in my LS of all things!!) I took her on that road. Those yellow signs are only a "suggestion" for LS drivers!! HA!

Yea, I know!!! When I was teaching my daughter how to drive (in my LS of all things!!) I took her on that road. Those yellow signs are only a "suggestion" for LS drivers!! HA!

Oh I used to live in Ramona...and I would tear that road apart in a little toyota MR2 :)

Thanks man.
Front: 19x8.5 et40 running 225/35 tires and a 36mm spacer
Rear: 19x9.5 et48 255/35 and a 24mm spacer
Having to run such large spacers makes me REALLY sad (and regretful) because it means I could have bought a lot wider wheels in the first place.... soon :)

So your offset is really low bro! I have range rover wheels on mine 19x8 57et with 19mm spacers Am making 38et all around but now I want to go with 19x9 53et all around with the same spacers 19mm it will be 34et so by looking at your car I should be good to go.... And I be putting 235/35 on tires to be safe! Thanks for the info bro!!!

I'm thinkin about these wheels with my car. They are 18" versa wheels. They have a +40mm offset.image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm confused by this. When bull had the rover wheels on the offset was et57 and he had 20mm? Adapters which brought the final offset of the wheel 37mm.

If you starting offset was 40 and you have a 36 spacer wouldn't that bring the offset to et4. Which would be ridiculously too low for an LS?

That was originally my thinking when I looked at buying wheels which is why I went with 8.5 et40 in front and 9.5 et48 in back. But after I mounted them I realized the LS has waaaaay more room for wheels and tires and after some measurements, ordered the spacers and it sits exactly how I want (mind you I had to modify/roll the fenders somewhat) This is why when I buy new wheels, possibly this season or definitely next, I will be getting 10.5 for the front and 11 for the rear.

So your offset is really low bro! I have range rover wheels on mine 19x8 57et with 19mm spacers Am making 38et all around but now I want to go with 19x9 53et all around with the same spacers 19mm it will be 34et so by looking at your car I should be good to go.... And I be putting 235/35 on tires to be safe! Thanks for the info bro!!!

That will work for sure! And those are about the perfect tire size for those wheels IMO

That was originally my thinking when I looked at buying wheels which is why I went with 8.5 et40 in front and 9.5 et48 in back. But after I mounted them I realized the LS has waaaaay more room for wheels and tires and after some measurements, ordered the spacers and it sits exactly how I want (mind you I had to modify/roll the fenders somewhat) This is why when I buy new wheels, possibly this season or definitely next, I will be getting 10.5 for the front and 11 for the rear.

So with your expertise on wheels. I had a rear wheel it's 19"x9.5 with a 60 offset. The car is lowered on eibachs. Right now I have 275/35/19. Do you think I can fit a 285/35/19? I'm about to buy just one to try it on one side to see if it rubs or not. Also my fenders are not rolled nor will they ever be rolled/modified.

Thanks Ls_marley01, I am definitely considering them. I am going to just hold onto the chrome wheels and tires currently on it once I get new ones. These are 18s and I'm not wanting to lower my car much. Have an 02 camaro so don't need two rides sitting on the ground right now anyways.

So with your expertise on wheels. I had a rear wheel it's 19"x9.5 with a 60 offset. The car is lowered on eibachs. Right now I have 275/35/19. Do you think I can fit a 285/35/19? I'm about to buy just one to try it on one side to see if it rubs or not. Also my fenders are not rolled nor will they ever be rolled/modified.

I would hardly say I'm an expert on wheels lol just took a lot of measurements and quite frankly got lucky that I nailed it first try. Also this site helped a LOT: http://www.willtheyfit.com/
Anyways, to your question. I don't know exactly how your wheels and tires sit right now but I can't imagine that going up just one size in tire would cause you to rub. Going from 275 to 285 will only increase the bulge on the outside of the tire by 5mm and the sidewall height by 3.5mm. So unless your tires are basically sitting on your fenders right now you should be fine.

Thanks Ls_marley01, I am definitely considering them. I am going to just hold onto the chrome wheels and tires currently on it once I get new ones. These are 18s and I'm not wanting to lower my car much. Have an 02 camaro so don't need two rides sitting on the ground right now anyways.

I'd say go for it. just regular eibach springs with the 18s will definitely do the trick.

I'd say go for it. just regular eibach springs with the 18s will definitely do the trick.
Hoping to order within next few weeks, then wheels an exhaust. Too many plans, not enough money at once haha. She'll come together though, thanks Ls_marley01

Thanks~ it's silver and red. The silver is on top and on the fenders is the Lincoln crosshair

I just bought a '00 Black LS 5 speed. Was thinking of adding pin striping and wanted to see a black LS with red pin stripes. Thanks for posting the pic!

Decided to take a black/white photo and ended up making it my screensaver on my phone. Had to crop it thin so it'd fit on my phone. Can post better unscripted picture later.

image.jpg

Members online

Back