Official LS Picture Thread

:shifty: You got me :shifty:

Summer - General Exclaim UHP - 235/50/17
Winter - General Altimax Arctic - 215/55/17

Ok, I thought I remembered seeing somewhere you had General tires.

I take it you like them? I am looking at some, but they are the General G-Max.

No real complains about the summer Exclaim UHPs. Grippy, quiet, comfortable. Okay in wet, easy to lose traction in the back, but that's to be expected with an open diff in the back. Wearing nicely too, I expect to get a 2-3 more years out of them easily. Sidewalls are a little soft though, which I can feel under heavy cornering. They also get rock hard below 7C, and traction suffers accordingly. The thread pattern allows for only bigger rocks to get stuck inside, which then makes a clicking noise as you drive lol.

The winters are top notch. Amazing grip on snow and slush, nice on ice too. Surprising quiet and comfortable given the aggressive tread pattern. MPGs suffer though, which is to be expected. Also very soft sidewalls, no more racecar moves in the winter months.

I am happy with both sets, especially as I got them at great prices. The UHPs have been discontinued and replaced by the G-Max though.

Just a set of wheels never before seen on an LS. More specs and pics in Jaguar wheel Database.

1101028.jpg

No real complains about the summer Exclaim UHPs. Grippy, quiet, comfortable. Okay in wet, easy to lose traction in the back, but that's to be expected with an open diff in the back. Wearing nicely too, I expect to get a 2-3 more years out of them easily. Sidewalls are a little soft though, which I can feel under heavy cornering. They also get rock hard below 7C, and traction suffers accordingly. The thread pattern allows for only bigger rocks to get stuck inside, which then makes a clicking noise as you drive lol.

I am happy with both sets, especially as I got them at great prices. The UHPs have been discontinued and replaced by the G-Max though.

Yeah, I have the L'cheapo summer Exclaim UHPs on mine as well, came with the car on purchase day, had winters on it when I pipcked it up, summers in the backseat and trunk. They served me well this summer although now that's it's gotten colder in the mornings, for the first 5 minutes while she warms up down the straight away here at my place the sidewall are rock hard and she thumps a bit until I break the first corner. by that time, she's warmed up, interior heat comes alive and sidewalls warmed up. good tire over all.

Time to park her soon ... still working on a pickup truck, next spring = new rims and tires for FROSTY.

Yes. No less then +40mm I believe. Tru-blu's were 42 I think and they fit real good.

Apparently they have the lincoln ones too. Appears to be the same wheel anyway, just with different center caps..

I really wish they made the wheels I like in 19".. I keep looking at the pictures threads and 20's just don't look right. I don't really want the same wheels as anyone else, but the only pair I've found to like besides the ones from USARIM are 20 or bigger.. What to do what to do....

Just a set of wheels never before seen on an LS. More specs and pics in Jaguar wheel Database.

1101028.jpg

Honestly one of the cleanest looking LS's no offense to anyone else on here all your cars are pretty sick. But T your LS with those wheels just looks so clean its ridiculous, and the black paint makes it even better.

Honestly one of the cleanest looking LS's no offense to anyone else on here all your cars are pretty sick. But T your LS with those wheels just looks so clean its ridiculous, and the black paint makes it even better.

Wait till you see it with tinted windows. :). Thanks man

I've made my final decision on wheels.. I really want 19's for more sidewall, but the wheel I'm in love with only comes in a 20, and 20" tires are cheaper anyway. So, here they are. I will be ordering them this week.. Will probably take a month to get though.

They are 20x8. 42mm offset. 5x108. 72mm centerbore.

Now do I need to find adapters for the centerbore?

Rw_640.jpg

Ew_6401.jpg

eA_640.jpg

5w_640.jpg

0Q_640.jpg

Interesting wheels. Not bad but I don't like when the wheel sticks out past the tire.

I got my hub centric rings off ebay.

Interesting wheels. Not bad but I don't like when the wheel sticks out past the tire.

I got my hub centric rings off ebay.

I will have more tire on there than the car pictured. I believe the wheels pictured are 22's.

I'll be running a 245/35/20 Continental DWS I think

I hope they look as amazing as I picture, otherwise that'll be a poor use of $2000

I will have more tire on there than the car pictured. I believe the wheels pictured are 22's.

I'll be running a 245/35/20 Continental DWS I think

I hope they look as amazing as I picture, otherwise that'll be a poor use of $2000

ouch $2k? sure you want to be spending that kind of cash on wheels for an LS? thats like 50-75% of the value of the car lol can't speak for the health of your car but i think you'll need that $$$ for repairs sooner than later.

sure you wouldn't be interested in spending a quarter of those $2k on some nice Jag wheels? ;)

like these?
http://www.usarim.com/lincoln-wheels-sku-010-20-inch-silver-rims-p-1839.html

or even these? (not jag but...)
http://www.usarim.com/lincoln-wheels-sku-270-19-inch-silver-with-machined-lip-rims-p-1671.html

ouch $2k? sure you want to be spending that kind of cash on wheels for an LS? thats like 50-75% of the value of the car lol can't speak for the health of your car but i think you'll need that $$$ for repairs sooner than later.

sure you wouldn't be interested in spending a quarter of those $2k on some nice Jag wheels? ;)

like these?
http://www.usarim.com/lincoln-wheels-sku-010-20-inch-silver-rims-p-1839.html

or even these? (not jag but...)
http://www.usarim.com/lincoln-wheels-sku-270-19-inch-silver-with-machined-lip-rims-p-1671.html

The wheels are $245 a piece and tires are $211 a piece. I definitely would not spend $2k on just wheels alone, at least not on this car.. I think Sentas look ok, but they just don't do it for me. What's another $400 to make me happy compared to just Meh... I'm thinking I'll have these wheels and can put them on a newer LSE if I happen to go that route eventually, but this car has alot of life left in her. It just turned 41,000 miles. ****, after I finish installing my stereo and remote start/alarm, I'll have about $3500 in electronics in it since the end of September

Next project. 19" jaguar BBS Barcelona wheels. I'll post more info when i post pictures of them installed. But for now.

I picked these up for cheap, they were black, had curb rash and some nicks in the paint. also the previous owner clearly was not a professional painter or anything lol, they were spray painted black, and they had drips and some areas were completely covered in the black while others were not so much. needless to say I decided to make this a project, since it was a good deal.

Had them sandblasted, then followed mlara1129's preferred painting method, found in the video posted in his thread here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=84855

my gunmetal was not as dark as the one in the video, but over all they turned out good, better IMO that just painting them with silver only. They look pretty much how the stock Barcelona's do, maybe just a little darker of a silver, but looks great. They will be mounted Friday and then we can see what Barcelona's look like in silver on an ls.

BEFORE&AFTER
1101063zz.jpg

Here is a gloriously ****ty picture of my LED light conversion I finished last night. Bask in all the amazing noise and terrible resolution...

ForumRunner_20121115_100707.jpg

ForumRunner_20121115_100707.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back