Official Car Wash Thread

I am sure people will say "I found a great place to take mine..." but there is a lot of risk in having to go through the bad ones before finding a good one.

That's just life. That applies to everything and anything really. A little education is about your only line of defense short of spending the time needed to master it yourself.

For me, that means I choose to use a detailer. Now in true "caveat emptor" fashion I will say that he is not the cheapest option around. He is also not the most expensive.

That's just life. That applies to everything and anything really. A little education is about your only line of defense short of spending the time needed to master it yourself.

For me, that means I choose to use a detailer. Now in true "caveat emptor" fashion I will say that he is not the cheapest option around. He is also not the most expensive.

Agreed, because detailers need to get paid too lol. I wouldn't make that extra money on the side if everyone around me wanted to detail their own cars.

What the f*ck is this?! :confused:

I've tried scrubing it off with soap and a brush to no avail and picking it off with my finger nail but didnt want to go with anything hardcore till I asked here. Any idea guys?

IMG_20120612_214221.png

I have it too. I say it's the fake chrome doing it's thing. Hideous yes but whatchya gonna do? Don't know if it will polish out but I think it's oxidation and learned to accept it. Gives the car character ya dig?

I have mine professionally done every 3 months. I have a guy who washes, buffs/waxes it does the windows in and out rainx included and vacuums it for $50. I have taken it to a few other shops around that charge more and the job is not as good. This guy does all the door jams, cleans the exhaust tips, and even cleans the inside of the wheels. I think I found a keeper.

Everytime I pick up my car it looks newer then the day I bought it. For 50 I can't go wrong. I wash it weekely also but the detailing makes it easier to wash and dry and then I usually just quick spray wax it.

Definitely a keeper, that's cheap for what you're getting.

I just can't get over how much time the proper way to do things takes. That whole chart of Bullschmidts...holy crap. If I had ONE car, and nothing else to do, maybe but that's not my way. Everytime the goes anywhere the car gets the windows done with non ammonia cleaner then a water alcohol mix, then the wheels and paint get a kozak wipe down (separate cloth for the wheels), 30 min (or so) and done and no wet wash mess, no prep and nothing left to put away after. It gets one or two wet washes a year when it gets dirty enough to need it and once or twice a year wax. I'm an autoglym fan for life.

I have it too. I say it's the fake chrome doing it's thing. Hideous yes but whatchya gonna do? Don't know if it will polish out but I think it's oxidation and learned to accept it. Gives the car character ya dig?

Yeah I dont know. Can't seem to find any information about it on the internet. Freaking weird

Does anyone have any pointers on how to remove these scuffs from the plastic part of the seat? I have scrubbed them but these scuffs won't go away.
Also, any pointers on how to remove the dirt that traps itself in the front door sills in between the "Lincoln" part and the black part.

seat.jpg

Have you tried either, a) GooGone or b) Spray-Nine ?

goo-gone.jpg

26810_large11.jpg

... and I'd use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with that aswell.

products_original232x234.jpg

I have washed my ls twice. Working on claying it, the paint is so rough from it being outside too much. I have clayed the hood, front passenger side panel, front passenger door and front passenger wheel, yes, even the wheel had :q:q:q:q stuck on there. I gave all these a quick clay pass to get most of the contaminants off, then I have to go over every little spot that looks like rust tog completely get the mark off. No idea what it is, might be very tiny metal landing on my car and leaving spots when when.

Pics when finished later in the week.

I have washed my ls twice. Working on claying it, the paint is so rough from it being outside too much. I have clayed the hood, front passenger side panel, front passenger door and front passenger wheel, yes, even the wheel had :q:q:q:q stuck on there. I gave all these a quick clay pass to get most of the contaminants off, then I have to go over every little spot that looks like rust tog completely get the mark off. No idea what it is, might be very tiny metal landing on my car and leaving spots when when.

Pics when finished later in the week.

You've only washed it twice?

I think he means he has washed it twice since he got it back from the turbo work

Washed it twice since it got back last week.

Its looking a lot cleaner now. Clayed and waxed, soon to be polished with a pc.

I even had to clay the wheels and used some wheel wax on them, they look slick.

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

Good to see more photos, Alax.

I see you are going with gen1 LSE skirts now?

Also that turbo looks to have a massive oil leak problem.

Good to see more photos, Alax.

I see you are going with gen1 LSE skirts now?

Also that turbo looks to have a massive oil leak problem.

Not massive, the oil just spread into the cardboard. Its only a few drops, the oil pump just needs to run a little after the car is off to suck up all the oil. Fixed it with a timer switch, pretty cool.

I am considering keeping the gen1 skirts, but I put them on to show mlara they fit on a gen2.

Ah okay, also looks like you going with clear marker lenses in the headlights now?

I want you to get that thing back together man!

Nope. Thats the reflection of my white cabinets in front of the ls. The second pic shows the amber lense

Ah... Thought maybe they were taken at different times (after you swapped lights).

Members online

No members online now.
Back