No more LS.

Velo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all forum members. Enjoyed the time on this LS forum but decided to get rid of my LS. I did like the car but there are just too many problems. :cool:

this is because there are 2 different LS'

1.- LS has issues, fixable and we keep it until 200,000 miles
2.- LS has issues, fixable, but we dont really want the LS

its either you want the LS or you dont, issues with the LS arent a surprised. some are called "stupid" for investing thousands... but when the car is in great condition, why would you want to get rid of it? im not saying i will be driving a LS for the rest of my life, but i dont see why i would get rid of it, the most you could get for a LS is 5000-8000, if you need the money then sell it, but these are discontinued, car of the year in 2000, last rwd ford model.....ect.. something you keep around like a mustang from the 60's... like a little project car... working on the LS isnt hard at all. i think someday i will trade my 2000 in and get a 06 LS. i feel the negative and positive is equal. i rather see everyone give up their LS, makes mine more rare, lol

Am I the only one who plans on keeping my LS for forever?

I dunno why, but I tend to keep the cars I buy. I fall in love with my vehicles :D

this is because there are 2 different LS'

1.- LS has issues, fixable and we keep it until 200,000 miles
2.- LS has issues, fixable, but we dont really want the LS

its either you want the LS or you dont, issues with the LS arent a surprised. some are called "stupid" for investing thousands... but when the car is in great condition, why would you want to get rid of it? im not saying i will be driving a LS for the rest of my life, but i dont see why i would get rid of it, the most you could get for a LS is 5000-8000, if you need the money then sell it, but these are discontinued, car of the year in 2000, last rwd ford model.....ect.. something you keep around like a mustang from the 60's... like a little project car... working on the LS isnt hard at all. i think someday i will trade my 2000 in and get a 06 LS. i feel the negative and positive is equal. i rather see everyone give up their LS, makes mine more rare, lol

I agree.

Just my opinion but the negatives sure outweight the positives on the LS.
As far as I could see the LS was just a what they call in England a "Bitza" meaning not a Jaguar or a real Lincoln but a matchup of parts and again my opinion not a good one. I looked at different forums at owners problems and found the Kia Amanti had the least problems on their forum so I bought a Kia Amanti. I did not mind the rear wheel drive on the LS as most of my cars where RWD but no dipstick on the AT and lot of minor problems help me make me decide.
One more thing about the A/T I was never able to find out what the proper way was to change the A/T fluid. some dealer told me the Lincoln way was to powerflush it and my own dealer told me that they would drop the pan etc. at about $200 Canadian.

Last edited:
I've never heard of the term 'bitza' before.

Anyway, pics of the Kia?

I had a Kia hire car a few weeks back - was pretty good, just ugly.

I dunno why, but I tend to keep the cars I buy. I fall in love with my vehicles :D

Andrizzle, i used to be very much like you, maybe worse. When you get attached to something, such as your ride its hard to let go off it, especially when you take pride in it.
When the time comes( you will know when), you are gonna say yourself its time to move on.

I love my LS and planning on keeping for few years. Most likely i will end up giving up for a S Type R. Its a nice step up.

dude i said the exact same...until them head gaskets blew and i aint have the money to fix it. lol i said i would never depart with her and that i would go as far as getting lincoln tattooed on my arm. no go i sold it quick to cop a grand marquis. lol

Yeah I was only suppose to have the ls as a temporary car for a year, then I my dad was going to take it and I was going to get a new car.Well the year is coming up but I have no plans of getting a new car and leaving the ls behind. Its just plain and simple, a damn sexy beast of a machine....on its good days :D .. I have spent to much time and money on it to just give it up like that and plus its my first car.I just postpone getting a new car and even then I think I'm keeping my ls until it can't roll on its own wheels.

I've never heard of the term 'bitza' before.

Anyway, pics of the Kia?

I had a Kia hire car a few weeks back - was pretty good, just ugly.

The reason you do not know the term is that it is used in England by people who put cars and bikes together with parts from different makes, like Ford and Jaguar who put the Lincoln LS together
I agree the Lincoln looks better but I did get a hell of a deal and will save on repairs and parts I am sure.

I agree the Lincoln looks better but I did get a hell of a deal and will save on repairs and parts I am sure.

The Amanti actually doesn't look too bad - reminds me of a miniature Town Car - especially the rear.

No, the ugly duckling I had for 2 1/2 weeks was a Kia... Soul! Was a good, solid and economical car. (it actually got a lot of attention, although I was quick to point out that it wasn't mine)

I want to keep my car forever. The Ls is my first car but if I have no parking room for her when I get my new car, I will have to get rid of it.

You only wanna keep your LS forever because it is probably the nicest car you have owned. When you drive other cars and newer ones your tone will change. I like my LS, I don't love it. When it is done serving its purpose as my daily driver it will go where the rest of them went. Straight to the junk yard. Now My M3 I love that car, There is a big difference.

I am not saying I am going to drive my LS forever. I am just keeping it. Like a collection of cars that I love. I have alot of dream cars I want to add to that as well. So I will definitely be driving other cars in my future.

I just don't wanna sell my baby :D

I did like the LS especially from the front but the front of the new Lincolns are plain ugly. Keep in mind the LS is allready an old car in automitive terms and there are a lot more advanced cars available. Now the M3 probibly a BMW had a few of those and would not buy another one.
Little story here about BMW. When I wanted to change the coolant BMW told me to only use theirs as theit alloy would not be compatible with the regular coolant sold in North America. Please give me a break their stuff was about $40 Canadian.

good luck with the kia. i had mine for 5 years, sold it when i bought the LS, i put on 160k+ miles, its now on its third tranny, and still running.

Members online

Back