nitrous

N2o

Tell me about your results- how much increased hp and torque? How much was the kit? How much trouble to install and where did you tap into the intake system? What tuning changes? Change in 1/4 times? Where did you mount the bottle? How are you triggering it? What brand of kit?

Zex makes some pretty fool proof kits. You will want an rpm window switch, and a wot switch, and I think thats it. And for dry you just mount the fogger in the intake tube right before the throttlebody. Thats all I know never done it to a personal car of my own.

A dry kit is about the only way to go with a Gen2, a wet kit is a bomb waiting to happen, not much difference in the gen1 either. The intake volume is to high unless you port inject.

^+1 dry is the only way to go for a 150 shot and under. I use a zex kit for a mustang. The kit comes with what you need except I needed an extra 3 feet of line. I guess the marks are a little longer than the stangs. No full throttle switch is used with the zex kit, you need to tap into the TPS wire and program the box. It fires off of the voltage at WOT. Much better than a micro switch. You cannt hit it by mistake...Boom. The jet is placed any where behind the Maf. DO NOT spray thru the MAF. And not too close to the TB mine is 3 inches behind the MAF. That gives good distribution a good thing if your still running the stock gen 2 intake. I don't know about HP's never been on a dyno. Stock gen 2 mark with 75 shoot. maybe low 14's. As far as tuning with the 75 shoot you should be good without any. Make sure your fuel pump is good. I sprayed my car with the 125 shot many times/bottles with no tune.

I love the Sh!t!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or wouldnt it be easier to ask these questions in one post? Maybe its me......

Yeah, it's probably you... individual threads like this are more likely to get more detailed replies.

I've run a dry kit, spraying through the MAF on my old 94 Mark. Relatively easy to install (well, except for the WOT microswitch on a 1st gen.) Worked. My friend has a 97 LSC, we installed a wet kit that also works fine...
No problems on either other than the time I accidentally sprayed at 1200rpm cruising in 4th (no damage, just big cloud of fuel smoke,) or the time he accidentally sprayed at like 1000rpm (backfire, blew up air filter.) Come to think of it, a window switch isn't a bad idea after all :D

Maybe not apples to apples but.... I ran a zex wet kit through my 04 Mach1 and it was a 125 shot. I ran easily 50-60 bottles through it without 1 problem or "boom". I want to throw the exact same set up on my 07 Mark but now am skeptical after reading the dry only statements. Would putting a cobra intake on this car help with the stock intake issues with spray? I hate dry kits, don't trust them.

Not sure whats the best setup dry or wet. When I was looking into my kit I spoke with several dealers and they all said to get the dry kit due to the deep intake. It can allow fuel to pool up in the bottom. Not only can that be a big bang waiting to happpen but that also means your running really lean.
Also a dry kit has only one solinoid to go bad.

Another bonus for the zex kit is the activation switch, Not a micro switch. Another reason I decided to go with the zex is because it adjusts the fuel pressure for fuel enrichment, also it doesn't spray thru the maf. When nitrous is sprayed thru the maf it can damage the unit or peg the readings, which without a tuner you don't know. With the zex kit you can simply read the plugs for the fuel mixture and change the fuel jet to adjust. It is very similar to a wet kit however it works off vaccum. So to get more fuel you use a smaller jet. From what I can tell the zex dry kit is very easy to use and adjusted.

But thats just my uneducated opinion.

I've been using the HSW wet kit, as long as you spray above 3000rpm you don't have to worry about fuel puddling. I put it like this, I don't trust the PCM to compensate for the added horsepower with the dry kit. With the wet kit you know the motor is getting the fuel it needs. But I know many have had success with the dry kits anyway.

My Experiences

If all you want to do is to gain an extra 50 HP or so, it's hard to beat a small ZEX dry kit for simplicity. On my '02 LS daily driver, I started by using a 150 wet ZEX kit to race at Maxton. I tried using the 150 pill set and got within a couple of MPH of the record in E/F SS.('E' Fuel Super Street) A very kind suggestion by another racer put me in touch with the people at NX. I switched to their Pro 300 hardware package and with a set of 100 pills I set a new record. And because I'd done the enabling set-up work ahead of time, I switched classes to E/F CC ('E' Fuel Competition Coupe/Sedan) which allowed me to run methanol in the fuel side of the spray system. Still using a 100 HP pill in the N2O side and tuning by going up step-wise on the methanol pill size, I set three new records, consecutively, within about a two hour period.
My suggestion, if you care to play with your spray system, is to go with NX components. The Pro 300 package is a very good starting place. And their tech support is exceptional!
KS

I don't trust the PCM to compensate for the added horsepower with the dry kit.

It's not really up to the PCM to add fuel with the zex kit. The fuel rail pressure is raised witch adds fuel. Thats why zex has fuel pills on the dry kits. With the wet kits you still are counting on the fuel solinoid to work all the time. I know you've heard of one or the other firing but not both every time.;)

Now if your spraying thru the maf(other kits) then I guess that leaves it up the PCM to figure it out. I wouldn't like that either.

For a good starter kit get the zex. It works and is easy.

I would like to point out that I have been running a wet kit on my Mark VIII for... 4 years now without a single issue. Who would put the nitrous far enough away from the throttle body to spray through the MAF?!??!!??! The fogger should be mounted from 2 to 6 inches maximum from the throttle body. I routinely run between a 100 to a 150 shot depending on my mood. I cannot imagine trusting a dry kit, personally.

I had a zex dry kit on my T-Bird. Ran a 125 shot for over 4 years. Never had an issue. Always fired and never had a nitrous pop or anything.

Doesn't the Venom VCN kits have a computer that automatically shuts off if the mixture is too lean? I know Geno sells them (they are on his site) so he would definitely be able to verify that. If so I'd get one from him if you are looking to get one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back