New Winter Wheels Installed (Photos)

jk52781

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed 17" Elbrus 106 Silver Alloy wheels. I really like the sleek look and am happy with the purchase. Usually I am always sad to uninstall the Foose wheels but today I was excited. I put Rejex sealant on the wheels last night which is great stuff to use (Thanks Pete).

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Awesome. Great pick for sure. Glad to hear you found rejex. Great stuff.

One of the cleanest looking first gens ive ever seen.

Sweet ride.

Looks very clean.

A drop and that is one of the, if not the nicest gen1 on here.

They look kinda like the one that the dude with the golden LS had... He doesn't come on anymore.

It was like customgtr or something as his username. Anyways he had a nice LS, too. Very similar wheels, even painted his I think.

Yeah but these are way bether. I remember that guy. His had a lip, and were not split five spoke.

looks nice, maybe even too nice for winter wheels, but hey! always got to keep the LS looking good

Those are nice winter rims, looking good. It wont hurt if they get damaged in the winter?

right, it seems like driving too much in the winter that the salt will eventually start to ruin the wheels, i could be wrong though

I run my factory 17" 8 spoke chromes in the winter.
After 6 years some of the plating has started coming off especially on the insides
but I just clean them up and use some silver paint.

right, it seems like driving too much in the winter that the salt will eventually start to ruin the wheels, i could be wrong though

I know wheels get damaged with winter driving, but I meant wont it hurt him if they do get damage since they are pretty nice rims. Hurt like when your ls get hit or something

you could grease them up for the winter with white grease.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I drive my car all year round so having a drop in the winter time would be challenging. I trashed my stock 17" chrome Lincoln wheels last spring so I bought this set. I am going to put Rejex sealant on the wheels and clean them regularly during winter to keep them in the best condition I can. I realize that come spring there will be some chipping on the silver icing from the salt/winter conditions. I wanted to go a different route since I got rid of the Lincoln wheels and for $122 each wheel on tirerack these made me happy.

I will be driving my LS this winter WITH the drop (only Eibachs, but that will probably be enough to wreak some havoc for me)

Tru

Members online

No members online now.
Back