New to Mark's and this place!

maksitfaster

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I recently signed up & recently picked up a Mark VIII! Good timing huh? Here's some pics...

01011m4_20.gif

5587ikg_20.gif

0671h9k_20.gif

8218h67_20.gif

I can't take any credit for her at the moment, except for the unquestionable good taste in my purchase, the po did all the leg work and kept her in very nice shape. She's a 98 lsc in midnight grey , with 91k miles on the clock. I was looking for a black or cordovan but when I saw this color in person, as well as the car itself, I knew I had to have her! Got a spare set of headlights too! As I said she's in pretty good shape but as one would expect there are a couple of issues. The steering wheel power tilt is a little tricky so I simply shut the exit feature off. The fuel door release button on the door doesn't seem to work, so I use the manual release in the trunk. Cigarette lighter seems to be inop. so I have to charge my gps before I leave the house. I'm thinking I'll get a nav head unit any way. Probably be able to fix the cig lighter as I'm doing that install..The most concerning items at this point though is a lack of heat & a drivers seat heater that doesn't seem to work. It's freakin cold up here! It does put out some heat & seems to flip to cold ok, so I think the heater core needs to be flushed. The po told me that the car hadn't been used much in the past couple years so I think it's probably just crapped up. If was home I'd just take her to my buddy's shop & flush it myself. Problem is I'm in Edmonton Alberta on a 6 month contract. Anybody know a good shop out here that I can trust? I think I saw a fellow member from up this way. It puts out enough heat to clear the windows but I keep my coat on. As for the seat heater, I'll suck it up until I get a manual & have some time to chase some electrical.

You live in elerslie crossing, right by south common I've seen your mark a lot!!! I love it I live right by west Ed! Finally a local!!!

I work at a lube x on westside, you bring your mark and I'll give you a good deal on a full coolant flush. Ill treat your mark like I'll treat mine!

did 1st gens come in a similar color? i've seen one in a color like midnight grey, but only one...

She is a beauty! Love that color and still lust after one.
Welcome to the site!

Nice color, car looks great.
do a search on blend door, that might be your problem. there is temp fix you can do that is free.

For the fuel door release prob try spraying some lube or wd40 on the fuel door latch to the left of the cap..Worked for me. And the heat issue is prob the blend door acuator. Hope ur handy with tools or this'll cost ya between 500-750 to fix if you don't have any hookups around you.

I like that color. There is a local guy around me that has the same color combo and I gave him my number in case he ever wants to sell it......that was 2 years ago:( dammit! lol! Welcome to lvc

nice car. looks just like joeys. all you need to do is sensor lower it and you'll be set.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!:) I gotta say small issues aside I'm lovin the ride. Every time I walk away from her I turn my head & look back. Every time I walk towards her it puts a smile on my face. Such a pretty little thing...
I'm gonna get hooked up with fastmark, he has graciously offered to help me out. If it ends up costing some money, then so be it. I've wanted one of these for a while now & I think I've found one that's worth a little love & attention.
I'd like to look into one of the adjustable comtrollers like the asham8 or the like. I love it to look low but some times you need to clear speed bumps & crap. I am also going to look into an adrenaline system from AAS & probly some bolt-ons & a tune after that.
p.s. fastmark, you got pm.

Good looking car... Love the color! Welcome to the forum! And a reminder dont forget about the search feature on here. It will save you a lot of time and punishment from everyone on here.

welcome, good looking ride. One of my favorite colors.

Nice Lincoln.. Let me know if you need some pics of the Nav Head unit. I have the latest double din Pioneer. Looks oem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back