New to LVC... 1998 Mark VIII LSC CE

LSC CE 82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Wanted to say "Hi" I'm new to LVC and just bought a 1998 Mark VIII LSC CE. Not sure how rare these are, but my car is nice. It has higher miles at 147k. I had to replace a COP and replace the front brakes to get it on the road again. The car has been well kept by the p/o of the last 10 years. The air ride bags, wheels, front suspension and several other items have been changed over the years and I have the paperwork to prove. The p/o also replaced the front lamps. The neon tail lamp still works. This car is awsome. I got it cheap and will do my best to keep it up.

Thanks for looking! The pics are before I buffed and waxed the car. It shines like it left the showroom. Too bad about the ding in the right quarter panel.

019.jpg018.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

:W to :V
you receive 10 bonus points for having the wheels on correctly.
looking pretty shiny too.

Welcome aboard, one of my favorite colors....and you'll see how rare they are asoon as you start needing parts....lol

Beautiful car man. Post up pics after the buff and wax. Welcome

Welcome and take a better pic of that dent. I bet dent guy could maybe get that out for you.

Looks damn good in these pictures even before buff and wax and I don't see any dings from the pics..but if bothers you enough try going to a paintless dent repair guy, you'd be amazed where he can reach with his tools and if he's good it'll turn out perfect like there was never one there. I had my car done, mine had believe it or not over 40 light door dings up and down both sides, he got all if them out and now its as straight as an arrow, couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

Welcome and take a better pic of that dent. I bet dent guy could maybe get that out for you.

I was wondering that, however the paint is cracked. I'd just have them brush touch it. No need to paint the quarter and have a mis-matched car. The p/o was a Mark enthusiast. He had a Mark VII LSC prior to the Mark VIII. I think he was sad to see it go.

There are some issues with the car, but this is the only "beater" car I've owned that didn't need power items fixed inside. Everything works. Seats, windows, mirrors, locks and even the AC. He had some "door" replaced in the dash. That was a 700 dollar repair per the invoice. The ac was recharged last year.

I'm a bit nervous about finding parts if something does break, but if the car lasts me the summer, I got my money out of it.

I was wondering if the wheels were correct. The p/o said they are directional and need to stay in in the places they are now. Car also has newer tires.

It needs something fixed in the rear of the car, there is a loud metallic clunk from the rear when going over bumps and if you push on the car, it will make the noise. I think it might be the rear sway bar.... you can "feel" the noise in the bar if you hold the bar and have a buddy push on the car. I havnt looked yet.

It gets alot of looks. It's doesn't look 15 years old.

Thanks for reading.

I was wondering that, however the paint is cracked. I'd just have them brush touch it. No need to paint the quarter and have a mis-matched car. The p/o was a Mark enthusiast. He had a Mark VII LSC prior to the Mark VIII. I think he was sad to see it go.

There are some issues with the car, but this is the only "beater" car I've owned that didn't need power items fixed inside. Everything works. Seats, windows, mirrors, locks and even the AC. He had some "door" replaced in the dash. That was a 700 dollar repair per the invoice. The ac was recharged last year.

I'm a bit nervous about finding parts if something does break, but if the car lasts me the summer, I got my money out of it.

I was wondering if the wheels were correct. The p/o said they are directional and need to stay in in the places they are now. Car also has newer tires.

It needs something fixed in the rear of the car, there is a loud metallic clunk from the rear when going over bumps and if you push on the car, it will make the noise. I think it might be the rear sway bar.... you can "feel" the noise in the bar if you hold the bar and have a buddy push on the car. I havnt looked yet.

It gets alot of looks. It's doesn't look 15 years old.

Thanks for reading.

Your rear shock mounts are bad. They are available and cheap.
He had the blend door replaced, the dash has to come back a few inches to get to it.
And he was right about them directional wheels only fitting one way.

If the guy was willing to spend $700 on the blend door (BTW it's for the heater to work, common problem) and keep it good looking with everything working, I am sure it will last you PLENTY of summers.

Welcome the car looks great You can get a lot of info about the CE in the tech section on LOD With your vin # you can find out when it was made.

:W
that's a mighty fine 'beater' you got a hold of; 7 bills for the blend door? I wonder if that was the stealer price; so that part (the actuator) for gen 2's is readily available?

dat is the item hardest part is bending the body ( yours ) to get to them LAY a piece of plywood in the trunk to support your weight on the spare tire cover. get a push plug remover looks like a screwdriver with a notch in the flat part. to pull the side covers in the trunk. if you jack it up before you do to turn off the air ride switch located on the left inner left fender well . turn on after its back on the ground. check the shocks by pushing them in and out with your hands should have stiff resistance not soft and easy. WELCOME TO THE SITE. THIS is JD 94m5 dad.

Thanks for the compliments. The blend door was put in at Gordie Boucher Lincoln Mercury. He did most of his service there. The prices are high. As for the shock mounts in the rear....... Sounds like a PITA. Any idea what a garage would charge me?

Thanks for the tip on LOD. My car was built 6-10-98. It is number 82 per the door tag. I wish I had the commemorative set of plaques that came w my car. I've owned a Mark VII LSC, a Mark VI Cartier, and a slew of Town Cars. I like my Lincolns.

You guys have some righteous rides too......

Removing the rear shocks isn't bad I did it on my car when I switched to springs..all ya gotta do is crawl in the trunk and be able to reach to the back of the trunk. I did it with two people..one in the trunk and another outside holding the shock while you remove the top nuts..makes it much easier. Took all of maybe an hour to do both sides taking my time.

Ha ha! That's what I did for the garage that installed mine. I got in the trunk and did the nut screwing. Oh dear. The only reason I was there to assist is because I don't let people work on my car without observing at least some of what is going on. Can't take it. Gives me heartburn.

those two bolts are also easily accessible if you remove the back seat, just noticed that while accessing the power amp for removal. More work but if somebody has a physical limitation (like obesity?) it might be a better option.
----
Two people? hmmm, I recently did mine by myself, how did I do that? I do remember overtightening one of the shock mount studs and snapping that
:q

Theres a guy on CL that has some Lincoln ignots for sale He was asking $400-$450 I was going to buy a set but I'd rather buy stuff I can use When I get a chance I'll look , I think I saved the info

Members online

No members online now.
Back