New Tint/Detalied

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
Here are some photos of the recent detail job my brother and I did on my car. The car was clay barred, then we used a cutting pad to take out the scratches and then used Poor Boys polish and put another coat of wax on it.
I added more darker tint on the front windows. The back windows have had tint on them for a while and if you look closely you can see the different kinds of tint from the front to the back but to the untrained eye it is not noticeable.

I think this is the first time I've actually posted pics and thought I'd share. Enjoy!

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00608.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

looks great, the painted grille and bezels look amazing on that color car
good job

I hate the fact that a really good wash wax and polish does no justice to us lighter colored vehicles! :(

Looks great. Love the painted bezels. Even noticed the painted license plate holder! Nice ride. U of I babay!

Very nice!

Why doesn't that house have any windows on that side? :shifty:

Your car looks good. I like the painted grille, I'm just unsure about the headlight bezels. I like it though.

Nice work. Tastefully done. I'm not too sure about the painted bezels, but very nice job!

nice job on everything, my first Lincoln had those wheels on it too, never did like em, you getting new ones?

Looks awesome. I plan to do the clay bar and rewax as well to get all the tiny scratches out because my LS is black and they are very noticeable. Good job though. Shhhweet!!!

Thanks for the comments guys!
The lighter color cars are hard to notice any difference when you cut and polish it except in person and up close. It made such a difference and would recommend doing it.
Ckid, you might see me driving around Iowa City this weekend.
Yourdemize, I did all of it at my brothers (in Indy) since I don't have a garage (live in apt) but if you want to meet up let me know.

I painted the bezels to clean up the front a little bit. With the chrome on the bumper I think it matched the car better than keeping them black same with the grill and license plate holder (if it has to be on there then I might as well try and blend it in as much as possible). In the old picture the front didn't look right keeping the bezels, grill and license plate black.
No new wheels in the works in the near future.

Thanks again!

l22.JPG

Oh you're telling me... I just got done wetsanding my car with 2000 grit 3M imperial wet/dry to knock down some of the orange peel.

Check out this reflection so far. This is just after a cutting polish and a wool pad (2 passes). It will get even better when I remove the micromarring from the wool pad, then add a sealant and a wax on top. Oh, and my LS is ivory. Not very much darker than your's:

IMG_5666.jpg

Very nice!

Why doesn't that house have any windows on that side? :shifty:

Well, the picture was taken in my subdivision, new vinyl village and minimal window FTL!!! But hey, this subdivision is my home so it works. :p

Unfortunately the day after these pics were taken we received about 2 inches of rain and Hawk03 ran into the freak snow storm that hit Chicago on the way back to Milwaukee, so all the work was admired for about 18 hrs!!!:(

They should have put some trees back in there also, looks kinda bare in between the houses

ehhh...... new trees, it's a converted field outside of Indy. Plus there is about 4 ft between these houses!! And they say the housing market was out of control.......

Thats GREAT! I was just thinking about painting the "waterfall" and leaving the top part chome, like you did! Actually looks a little more "classy" that way, i think!

+1

Members online

No members online now.
Back