New Times

3880 with full tank and you in it? The curb weight of the mark is 3800 right? Thats full tank of gas and driver correct? I'll have to take all the heavy :q:q:q:q out next time i plan to go to the strip. It'll be nice to pick up a .2-.3 by dropping respective weight and not have to spend any money.

mines 3880 with out me and like 5-6 gallons in it

Curb weight (US) or Kerb weight (UK) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g. motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.[1][2]

ok no passenger

In spite of its larger overall size, the Mark VIII's base curb weight was slightly lighter than the Mark VII at a little over 3750lbs.

hmm 3750 all fluids in engine and full tank of gas. ugh oh!

Quit worrying about the car's weight and work on your weight. LOL :D

3880 with a half tank... im not sure how much another 8-9 gallons of gasoline weighs, but ide say that im about 200 lbs over stock curb weight.

Added weight
Moonroof -40-50 lbs?
Ragtop 30lbs?
1 and 1/4 addco solid rear sway - 40lbs? (not sure but its heavy)
System? - 60 lbs? (i have to sway this ish)
Coil Conversion- I would love to know how much heavier this is.

Weightloss mods already done:
My spare and jack are already out of the car
Snowflakes are supposidly lighter
10 disc cd changer removed
Suitcase Resonator and Mufflers removed.

I dunno. Sytem and sway bar can come out before I drag, but im guessing thats about it.

Suitcase Resonator

You must travel light - that's one small suitcase! :lol:

If you wanna save a few lbs, go back to air ride!

Do some fabrication - make some stuff out of aluminum! (non structural stuff)

Delete the things you don't want / use.

abe, your concentrating on things you "perceive" as being heavy.

Rather than trying to find places to remove 50LB or 100lbs.
Try to find 100 places you can remove 1LB.

That IS if you desire to have a gutten stripper car.

off the top of my head...things like.
all the plastic BS under the hood, those little plastic pyramids on top of the shock towes.. lose them

when you go to the track leave your windshield wiper blades in your "pit pile".
spark plug covers, lose them.
passenger seat is worth a good start to removing 100lbs.

Johhny Langton went on a crash diet at the track one day running at an index race, he took the rear spoiler off his tbird along with the glove box door.

those two items dont really weigh much, but once you piled them on the scale with all the other "odds and ends" it does add up.

Have to seen the tiny little battery that is inside one of those "jumper boxes"?

Grab one and put it in your car when you run at the track.

Now, if you want to really grow some nuts...
you can do what Geno/LMS did.

The removed the accessory drive belt from the car and pushed it to the starting line...ran the car without the accessories running and re-installed the belt after making the run.
(disclaimer, this is a good way to MELT STUFF)

I heard of a Mark VIII once that was lightened by 400-500 lbs. It may have been a few tenths quicker but not much interior was left and it would not have been a good Sunday driver. ;)

Bah humbug, I say. I tip the scales reliably over 4000 lbs with an empty trunk and pretty much 'run what I brung' but I do plead guilty on running light wheels at the track (hint, hint).

If you want to strip a car down for the track, strip a rustang or civic! LOL :D

^ Agreed, if you want to go fast pick a light car not a mark, by the time you get all that shlt out of there I would smack you for ruining a Mark. For a true street strip car you have to be able to cruze and race the same day, When that window licker driveing that pink plastic honda pulls up next to you, I dont think he is going to wait for you to pull your seats out. Unfortunetly going fast will cost money, IMO.

No, but my gen 1 pass seat is 57.5 lbs, so add abit on to that for a gen 2 seat. (as it has plusher padding, a heavier lumbar support mechanism and steel seat back)

we need to find a way to make our seats lighter...like maybe using a lighter seat track and fab something to mount it to

I was thinking that you could make a light alloy, (fixed position) passenger seat track, purely for track use. (assuming no passenger)

Would be a sneaky way of saving weight, whilst looking stock.

I am going to put in some Recaros that I really want in my Mark... I HATE power seats....

The seats I want are amazing, but are also $1300 amazing :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back