New Terminator Mark VIII Bumper Prices

Legend1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello everyone I got word from my mold shop and the bumpers will run $650.00 plus boxing/shipping. We can offer a discount of $25.00 per bumper if more than 6 bumpers are purchased in a group buy. We are taking orders and look for 4-6 weeks to delivery. Give us a call or check out our website at www.templeperformancecars.com

Thanks,
John
(770)722-2587

Idk how I feel about $650....I was super happy when the price was rumored to be $400 ish, I was ok with it in the $500's but pushing $700 (I'm assuming) getting it to my door and still needing paint is a bit steep for me.

I guess it depends on how much work the bumper needs when I get it.

What is the estimated about of prep it will need before it's ready for paint?
I almost positive it doesn't, but I need to ask, Does this come with fog lights?
Finally, do we have a rough estimate of what the boxing shipping fee going to be?

Just an honest opinion here. I looked at the website and all the products listed, and there are some dam nice things there. That performance steering wheel looks awesome, the front bumper retains the classy look with a bit of performance flair, and having a 6six speed conversion would be top notch. The problem is, none of these things is priced according to the value of the car vs the price points of these items. Short of someone who has enough scratch to throw down on a $5k dollar tv without flinching, just a couple of these parts in the shopping cart would far exceed the price of the car itself. I realize that a lot of time and effort goes into developing these things, and I know this is a relatively low produced car with even less into the performance/modification end of it, but the reality is short of a few people off this forum who'd spend any amount of money on their Mark (which is a very limited market) this stuff is out of reach of the common consumer. I mean, spending $650 on an unpainted bumper for a car that these days sells in really good condition for $4k-$5k is a lot. I generally look at things like this as in, if it exceeds 10% of the value of the car its probably not a good investment. I know the car was never produced as a 6 speed either, but it could have been more effectively done with a T5 and priced way lower, maybe even having an option for the Tremec 6 speed. You'd be talking $10K-$12K for a manual Mark at that price point.

This is just an opinion from a potential consumer. I love my Mark, and I love having it look unlike anyone else's, and the endless positive feedback I get about it in parking lots. And I'd love to add things like this bumper, that steering wheel, and maybe even one day convert it to a manual, it just has to be priced more reasonably considering the value of the car. Take my opinion for whatever you wish, tell me to fvck off, or even delete this post. But all products advance with consumer input, and this was me offering mine.:cool:

Email sent, more photos off it on/off the car would be great.

Count me in for one.

Questions

Hello everyone...the prep on the bumper should be minor considering the plug for the bumper come out as perfect as I could ask for. I will supply the directions for the necessary trimming of the crash bumper and foam. We are incorporating the bezels into the mold but you will have to purchase the fog lights/wiring pig tails seperately (they are availablle from Ford or Certifit for around $35.00 each and I will supply part numbers). The shipping will be done truck freight and I estimate depending on your location between $100.00-150.00

Thanks,
John

If i go back to my 70-80 hour work weeks id be down for one.
It may be a expensive piece for a car that can be bought for $3000 but hell how many marks out there are gonna have something like this.

Nice looking bumper, would have bought if not selling my 98... Think it would look killer on a black car...

I think the price point is fine just not my type of bumper I think I "paid" $500 for my stock bumper to get refurbished by keystone.
90 percent of cars built/ restored will never sell for what they have into them.

For those who hae not seent he steering whell andbumper in person, both are very nice. John brought his 98 LSC with all the goodies to carlisle last year.

I agree beerdog. I just have to find that kind of money to sink into a bumper that I will never get back. Anyone want my stock one for a few hundred? :D

John is a straight up guy and easy to deal with and yes it's a little pricey but you will have a very sporty custom look on your mark 8 while setting it apart from the pack.

Terminator Bumper Deposit

Hello,
I just wanted to let everyone know we are finally within 4-6 weeks of production of our Terminator Bumper with molding nearing completion and production expected to begin with the next 3 weeks.
I am emailing everyone who had inquired with information on when they can purchase. The bumper will run $650.00 plus shipping/packaging and we estimate the shipping to run between $100.00 -$150.00 truck freight depending on where you are located. Once we have more than 6 orders at a time there will be a $25.00 discount per bumper.
I am now taking down payments of 50% ($325.00 non refundable) and the remainder due upon shipment in 4-6 weeks.
The bezels are molded into the part and the only thing you will need to purchase is the fog lamps/wire stubs separately. You will also need to trim your existing crash bumper/foam to clear the fog lamps but detailed instructions will be included.
If you have any questions just let us know. john@legendmustangs.com

Thank You,
John Temple
Temple Performance Cars
www.templeperformancecars.com
(770)722-2587

I should probably know this but where are the bumpers being shipped from? Could they be picked up?

Hello,
I just wanted to let everyone know we are finally within 4-6 weeks of production of our Terminator Bumper with molding nearing completion and production expected to begin with the next 3 weeks.
I am emailing everyone who had inquired with information on when they can purchase. The bumper will run $650.00 plus shipping/packaging and we estimate the shipping to run between $100.00 -$150.00 truck freight depending on where you are located. Once we have more than 6 orders at a time there will be a $25.00 discount per bumper.
I am now taking down payments of 50% ($325.00 non refundable) and the remainder due upon shipment in 4-6 weeks.
The bezels are molded into the part and the only thing you will need to purchase is the fog lamps/wire stubs separately. You will also need to trim your existing crash bumper/foam to clear the fog lamps but detailed instructions will be included.
If you have any questions just let us know. john@legendmustangs.com

Thank You,
John Temple
Temple Performance Cars
www.templeperformancecars.com
(770)722-2587

Were these ever released to anyone? I'm thinking of possibly moving to a MK 8 sometime in the future...

Just an honest opinion here. I looked at the website and all the products listed, and there are some dam nice things there. That performance steering wheel looks awesome, the front bumper retains the classy look with a bit of performance flair, and having a 6six speed conversion would be top notch. The problem is, none of these things is priced according to the value of the car vs the price points of these items. Short of someone who has enough scratch to throw down on a $5k dollar tv without flinching, just a couple of these parts in the shopping cart would far exceed the price of the car itself. I realize that a lot of time and effort goes into developing these things, and I know this is a relatively low produced car with even less into the performance/modification end of it, but the reality is short of a few people off this forum who'd spend any amount of money on their Mark (which is a very limited market) this stuff is out of reach of the common consumer. I mean, spending $650 on an unpainted bumper for a car that these days sells in really good condition for $4k-$5k is a lot. I generally look at things like this as in, if it exceeds 10% of the value of the car its probably not a good investment. I know the car was never produced as a 6 speed either, but it could have been more effectively done with a T5 and priced way lower, maybe even having an option for the Tremec 6 speed. You'd be talking $10K-$12K for a manual Mark at that price point.

This is just an opinion from a potential consumer. I love my Mark, and I love having it look unlike anyone else's, and the endless positive feedback I get about it in parking lots. And I'd love to add things like this bumper, that steering wheel, and maybe even one day convert it to a manual, it just has to be priced more reasonably considering the value of the car. Take my opinion for whatever you wish, tell me to fvck off, or even delete this post. But all products advance with consumer input, and this was me offering mine.:cool:

Hell, rebuilding the front end of the car with TRW parts aint worth it.Do you need it?No Do you want it? Yes.These cars will never be worth what a mustang will be but they are cool and fun to drive.To each his own is what I'm saying.

Staff online

Members online

Back