New Struts and lowering Springs

GrimLincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
I put some new KYB struts and Eibach springs on the LS yesterday, and couldnt be happier!The car handles noticaebly better, and looks 100% better! if any of you guys have been on the fence about lowering your ls...DO IT!

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

I put some new KYB struts and Eibach springs on the LS yesterday, and couldnt be happier!The car handles noticaebly better, and looks 100% better! if any of you guys have been on the fence about lowering your ls...DO IT!

Truer words have not been spoken! Lowering the Ls is an absolute must! I was looking at pics of my Ls before the drop and just thought ewwww.

Ontario? I saw those wheels on Kijiji a while back..

Ontario? I saw those wheels on Kijiji a while back..

no and no again lol. I was born in st catherines but been in Vancouver BC most of my life. and I ordered the rims from an ebay company based in new york.

the car looks great.

Are you 100% sure those are KYB struts? part #? any issues installing the springs on the struts?

When i orderd my eibachs off tirerack a couple of years ago i also ordered a set of KYB struts but the guys from tirerack called me saying there were "compatibility issues" with them and that i should not put the eibachs on the KYB struts (At least they were honest) So now i have almost new motorcraft struts in the front, but i think the rears will need replacing soon and I'd like to go in this direction if there are no issues...

thanks for any info

Am I the only one here who's wondering why nobody has mentioned that they're not struts?

the car looks great.

Are you 100% sure those are KYB struts? part #? any issues installing the springs on the struts?

When i orderd my eibachs off tirerack a couple of years ago i also ordered a set of KYB struts but the guys from tirerack called me saying there were "compatibility issues" with them and that i should not put the eibachs on the KYB struts (At least they were honest) So now i have almost new motorcraft struts in the front, but i think the rears will need replacing soon and I'd like to go in this direction if there are no issues...

thanks for any info

Sorry I totally forget that we tried to order the KYB struts but they didnt have them..ended up going with the monroes..that whole day was a bit of a blur as I had 20 other things going on...

thanks for the compliments...

I also ordered a full catback magnaflow exhaust..the shop said they will get the parts in 3 weeks, gonna have them remove the resonators, does anyone know if that will effect emissions?(probaly could search and find out but blah)

The shop quoted me $1300 for parts, and labour to cut out resonators and install exhaust.. does that sound pretty reasonable...?

and finally ordered my tune from torrie...will keep you all posted...

I dont have any links for the stuff because I ordered them through my local shop..but im sure google search or search of the forum will get some results!

Am I the only one here who's wondering why nobody has mentioned that they're not struts?

No.... and it drives me CRAZY :rolleyes: Same with "we need coil-overs". We ALREADY HAVE coil-overs.

I had the Monroe SensaCraps for a couple months. They were TERRIBLE and I replaced them with the factory shocks.

Sorry I totally forget that we tried to order the KYB struts but they didnt have them..ended up going with the monroes..that whole day was a bit of a blur as I had 20 other things going on...

I also ordered a full catback magnaflow exhaust..the shop said they will get the parts in 3 weeks, gonna have them remove the resonators, does anyone know if that will effect emissions?(probaly could search and find out but blah)

The shop quoted me $1300 for parts, and labour to cut out resonators and install exhaust.. does that sound pretty reasonable...?

I dont have any links for the stuff because I ordered them through my local shop..but im sure google search or search of the forum will get some results!

If you got the entire cat-back it (duh!) includes everything from the cat back; new resonators, piping, mufflers, hangers, tips..... So $1300 to remove your old exhaust and install the new is OUTRAGEOUS! You and a friend can do it in your driveway in a couple of hours. The exhaust system is ~$850 so ~$450 labor (especially on a lift where the job would take about a half hour) is ridiculous! I've done the swap 3 times!

If you got the entire cat-back it (duh!) includes everything from the cat back; new resonators, piping, mufflers, hangers, tips..... So $1300 to remove your old exhaust and install the new is OUTRAGEOUS! You and a friend can do it in your driveway in a couple of hours. The exhaust system is ~$850 so ~$450 labor (especially on a lift where the job would take about a half hour) is ridiculous! I've done the swap 3 times!

Yes, I will never go to a muffler shop.

12 post and has lowered, rimed, full exhaust, and tuned.... I like this guy

http://www.hottexhaust.com/ - free Canada shipping, and if you google you can find coupons for 15% off (some vw vortex forum coupon!). I bought my Magnaflows from there.

DIY it, shouldn't be too hard.

Bringing back an old thread. His car looks great by the way.
He stated that tire rack couldn't get the KYB's and he went with the Monroe's. All I've heard are terrible things about the Monroe assemblys. I've used KYB and Koni in the past and I've found KYB's on Rockauto for the LS. I'm probably going to go with them.

I know everyone recommends the oem motorcraft ones, but I can't seem to find the sport ones on Rockauto, not even when I go through all years '00-'06. I believe I found the front ones, but no rears.

Either way, I can't see the new KYB's being worse than my old oem ones with 105k miles on them.

Super excited for spring !!!

Bringing back an old thread. His car looks great by the way.
He stated that tire rack couldn't get the KYB's and he went with the Monroe's. All I've heard are terrible things about the Monroe assemblys. I've used KYB and Koni in the past and I've found KYB's on Rockauto for the LS. I'm probably going to go with them.

I know everyone recommends the oem motorcraft ones, but I can't seem to find the sport ones on Rockauto, not even when I go through all years '00-'06. I believe I found the front ones, but no rears.

Either way, I can't see the new KYB's being worse than my old oem ones with 105k miles on them.

Super excited for spring !!!

I have a boxed set of sport shocks sitting in my garage.......

no youre right, it's doubtful that they could be any worse, the bigger problem is that they might not be a whole lot better... (really, it depend on how worn out your are)

I have a boxed set of sport shocks sitting in my garage.......

Fronts and rears? If so how much? You're in CA and I'm in MI so shipping is quite a distance. If you want to get rid of them and give me a deal let me know. PM me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back