New Rims for my Mark `

95MkViii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Going to put on the new rims I got off a mercury. Only reason im doing this is because they have new tires on them 215/60R16 and I can use them for burn outs.

i think im going to paint them black. There just junk wheels and tires I got for free from the shop I work at.

BlackrimsonMk.jpg

newrims.jpg

I dont. think black wheels work with the car color. MAybe if the windows were tinted. MAybe a different color paint would work better.

yeah i think sensor lowered and tinted would make them look best. but i like them on the Mk.

Heres a quick one in the school parking lot i did today. the small one on the right i did in the rain this morning with the stock wheels on.

1bbdc18d.jpg

df71c3ad.jpg

b7d4db4b.jpg

Those sable rims don't look TOO bad for beater wheels..I agree with the rest if it were tinted and lowered the black would look ok, id paint them gloss black though not dull..the dull look always looks dirty..

damn that things lays rubber well for an open rear. i always ended up with the one tire fryer til the posi.

i want some mustang 16x8s even more know. i have a ton of 16 inch tires laying around i could play with.

you only get one tire to smoke? i did my first burnout with my mark, nice amount of smoke and even amount of tire marks on both sides. i've never done a burnout other than in video games, i didn't know what to do after roasting the tires, i let off the gas and the car was fish tailing like crazy but i kept it under control. these things have a ton of power, even stock which mine is

yep. it was always just one tire.

it lit up both tires only one time that i can think of back when it was stock.

In theory it should spin both wheels on flat level pavement due to there being IRS because there is equal force on either side, unlike an open differential in a solid axle which always has the tendency to twist when power is applied and forces the right rear tire upwards and the left rear downwards (less weight on right wheel, more on left causing the right to spin and left to stay hooked). I was always able to do nice burnouts in my 4.6 thunderbird with the stock open 3:27s, haven't tried doing a burnout in my mark though...yet.

heres an extreme example of a solid rear axle under load, this guy is a local at the tracks near me, i love this thing

Although it may look like the right rear has more weight on it, it is actually the opposite (think of how the suspension works)

rickjohnson60chevy.jpg

oh yeah i gotcha. you can feel the 69 cougar twist a bit when you get on it with the SRA. the 67 we have is even worse. 428 cobra jet and all.
totally unlike the mark IRS.
my IRS also just feels loose sometimes. i think 187k miles has taken its toll on the rear suspension. some delrin bushings would be an awesome upgrade.

you also have a trac loc. i still have 1 wheel wonder stock. i cant even do brakestand because of hand controls cant do brake and gas at same time. when i get the 4.10 wth trac-loc i shouldnt need brake help.

I wouldn't waste my time with those wheels even if they are free! Grab the set, sell it for $225.00 with tires & buy yourself one of these cheap sets!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110620044370?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-5x110-5x...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231a5f064f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-5x108-Bl...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item231a5f41ae

I don't like that last set too much but I have no idea what your taste is. They are all fairly cheap. Those are the same ppl that made the wheels I have on my 93. Going on 2 years & I can't complain about them.

I used to light up both tires when I was riding on my stock 20 spokes. Ever since I have aftermarket wheels, I only light up one. It also has to do with the amount of tire that's on the pavement. The more friction, the less it is likely to spin. The thinner the tire, the more likely you are to spin both!

if i back mine down into first get a rolling start @10 mph and then stomp it it will smoke both. but if i do a standing burnout i get the one tire wonder.

Members online

No members online now.
Back