new on here

duvalmarkviii

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:):)sup guys...new member....duvalmarkviii here...in jacksonville/orange park, fl...this is my second mark...had a gen 1 1994 2yrs ago...have owned this gen 2 8 for almost 2 years now...i love all the improvements on this one compared to the 94...i have over $4K invested in parts/labor in the 97...kinda wish i signed up here long time ago...she still needs a bit more work...working on rear seat headrest install currently...powertrain wise, she is top notch...one owner fl car from winter haven, fl...have folder with all maintenance records/receipts since new....serviced only at same ford dealership...have all original books, keys, window sticker, even the salesman's business card that sold the car to its first owner...i wanted an LSC but when i was shopping for one, the 6 lsc's i looked at in south fl either had mechanical issues or needed paint bodywork...then i saw this base model, a creampuffed garage queen....love at first sight...previous owner was a senior cit, put a couple of dings on her, but kept the paint itself and powertrain upkept...i put a coil spring conversion on her, had the tranny rebuilt as well...shift solenoids went bad, so i told my guy to rebuild it and slap on a new torque converter...i installed a stack plate tranny cooler behind the grille...its 24x12 inch, i think its for motorhomes...radiator cooler delete, runs about 145 now...shifts great....having the seat problems...stuck...hit the switch and the motors click but dont move....havent looked into it yet...the blend air actuator motor arm is cracked in the hvac also, sometimes works great sometimes not...windshield leaks in pass floorboard sometimes too...tried to fix, still leaks...im still happy with the car, i love it, not getting rid of it...if anybody has any ideas to the little problems im having with it, id love to fix them with ur help...thanks alot guys! :)

welcome to LVC! Don't worry about all the extra chrome, eventually you can color match it all, a lot of people do that. Car sounds nice, put up some pics when you can. Good luck with it

pics r posted :) thx for the welcome, and very nice mark...love those chrome directionals...im sure they are not as hard to keep clean as the geometric spokes i have on mine

Welcome to the club. Haven't seen you around the area but if I do, I gotta hear the exhaust.

Welcome aboard. Reference your leaky situation, go on my page. Look at the thread i created a few months ago, i think back in September of last year. My 97 had the same issue, you have to remove your hood. Its the vent where the fresh air comes into your car. I like your exhaust. You & i have the same 97's. I bought all new trim & painted to match. Kept my originals in the event i want to sell the car i will just take everything off & go back to chrome. Enjoy your car i& welcome to the forum.

Note: Please, please get rid of the decals on the side of your car. I love decals but you gotta try to keep it tasteful man. It has to match the luxury & the sport that goes hand in hand with these cars. Those decals simply don't go with the car. Sorry for the bashing but bashing is normal on forums.

Welcome to the club. Haven't seen you around the area but if I do, I gotta hear the exhaust.

thanks...im usually in the westside/orange park area...i used to live in arlington...you will definitely like the exhaust if you hear it...it draws alot of attention :D

Welcome aboard. Reference your leaky situation, go on my page. Look at the thread i created a few months ago, i think back in September of last year. My 97 had the same issue, you have to remove your hood. Its the vent where the fresh air comes into your car. I like your exhaust. You & i have the same 97's. I bought all new trim & painted to match. Kept my originals in the event i want to sell the car i will just take everything off & go back to chrome. Enjoy your car i& welcome to the forum.

Note: Please, please get rid of the decals on the side of your car. I love decals but you gotta try to keep it tasteful man. It has to match the luxury & the sport that goes hand in hand with these cars. Those decals simply don't go with the car. Sorry for the bashing but bashing is normal on forums.

seems like an easy fix for the leaking...it ruined the blower motor wiring harness...replaced few months ago...no offense taken, lol, what i think looks good may not appeal to other people...ford put v8 fender badges on the sho and t-bird/cougar, 24v/dohc badges on v6 shos, taurus'/sables, contours, mystiques...nothing for the lincolns...if i could find a 32v/dohc fender badge it would definitely look better underneath the snakes...but in the meantime, the decals draw alot of attention from people...good conversation starter ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back