Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
NEW MOD!!!!!!

and just a few pics of the car

2011-03-18153140.jpg

2011-03-18153241.jpg

2011-03-18153300.jpg

2011-03-18153322.jpg

and the new mod, hid reverse lights (not the final color, just what i had extra)

get the hid kit
2011-03-18161102.jpg

2011-03-18163749.jpg

the result
2011-03-18171002.jpg

interesting, Can I ask what kit you used and how hard was the fitment of it?

Not liking the color temp of the fogs and backups.

stick with 6K.

Nice. Output might be great, you'll have to wait a few seconds for it to get there.

+1 on fitment.

how much heat does that bulb create inside that little housing

Can anyone tell me if the reverse lights "flash" every time you go past "R" on the shifter?
if you do it slow enough it will, i havent noticed it when ever i have some body move my car for me. however it could be so fact the the filament just didnt heat up yet, i dont know what it takes to trigger the ballast either.

Passing thru the gears does indeed make the reverse lights illuminate. This is why some type of delay needs to be added. Either that or throw your shifter as hard as you can every time.

the color temp is not what im sticking with. i had an had an extra kit (my old fog lights kit) thats why they are that color (sig pic)

the kit is Xentec off ebay (i may get the slim ballast if these go up)

it puts out some heat if you leave the reverse lights on long enough, but i havent noticed any out of the norm heat. last night after using them, when i put my hand to the lens it was warmer than stock bulbs, but not hot.

the fitment is custom. in the 2nd to last pic, you see the orange disc and the gold disc. they have squares already cut in them from BG (product we use at the shop) and the bulb fits in there without touching. i put the bulb thru the disc and siliconed where it meets. then put that unit in the housing using silicone there too.

the bulb has plenty space before hitting the lens, and is not touching the housing at all.

Black, my fogs are not that blue in person (camera phone pic) and they have smoked film over them (which does throw it off on matching slightly, but they are not that blue lol they are 6k)

from what i can tell (even with stock bulbs), the reverse doesnt light up when passing thru gears unless you take your time.

Members online

Back