New Mod Idea

Lincoln Jealous

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
just wanted to hear some input about doing this mod this spring. im just going to take off the door strips and smooth it out. i personally think the look is more classy for a luxury vehicle, and the door strips definitely say sport.

before
2333e.jpg

after
2332d.jpg

It has been done, don't forget the strip sits in a grove that has mounting clips holes would need to be filled in the full length.

yeah, i saw a couple,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3245174

i know it would need a little body work, the little holes, plus it dips in about a quarter inch, i would just use bondo to fill it. maybe even bang it out alittle from inside the skin. im planning on painting my car this spring so i really want to do some more body work and mods.:D

I thought about that also. I think it would look good although it might make the cabin look tall. Paint the black plastic around the bottom of the car to match and maybe that will finish out the look.

I dunno just my opinion... I dont really like it, when I saw the after picture this is all I saw/could think of.. the Mitsubishi Galant
up-2QD4IQL52U5GFBJA.gif

Uglay

Please dont compare that POS car to the Lincoln LS...its very disrispectful! :D

Lol that's probly why I dont ( no offense ) like that mod idea.. It would make it look like that POS to me.. But its just MY opinion :p

I kind of like it and had thought about it also. I plan on getting my car painted this summer also when put my 06 front end on. What color are you going back with?

Yeah those pics make it look a lot better.. Maybe its just because of the white and my neighbor had a white galant that I saw a ton.. Sorry! ahaha the suicide doors are real dope..

I prefer the small amount of protection in parking lots, my strip has taken a few hits, better the strip than the body.

thanks gcwinner, i just realized thats what those strips were for,

but even if they were to used to protect the car, in the most luxourious conditions, you wouldnt have to worry about other people's cars hitting your doors, i picture lol

LeaSr77, for the color, i want a nice solid color that has a metallic to it, i also want it to match the tail lights as im going back to factory solid reds. im honestly thinking copper. to match with the nice clean silver 17's and gloss black headlight bezels and shinny red tail lights. what color are you thinking? i mean if you could pick any color that would fit the LS the best...it all depends on what you like and what theme your going for...

I thought about that also. I think it would look good although it might make the cabin look tall. Paint the black plastic around the bottom of the car to match and maybe that will finish out the look.

Agreed. Paint the rocker panels body color.

I prefer the small amount of protection in parking lots, my strip has taken a few hits, better the strip than the body.

ABSOLUTELY!!

Also forgot to mention I personally wouldnt want to take mine off because I have the LS patch by the tires! I really like em.. tho yours are a little different.

If you remove the molding, it looks like a blank piece of paper. Void of character. Shaved the door handles. It looks ten times worse. Now, all the attention goes to the door jams. Especially on a light color LS. Just my $.02.

Just look how blank it looks. A larger picture really draws attention to it. Imagine it in person.

If not done right, the line will be visible. You might have to deal with shrinkage and exbanding issues.

LS custom 36a.jpg

I like the door strips. That one from car domain looks good but he also has the lse side skirts to add some detail to the side of the car. It would look too plain without them. Same as without the rear license plate surround. I think it looks good with it. On that one gen1 that the owner did all this custom body work that had the shaved door handles, the exhaust on the side with holes in the bumper, the hood with vents in it, and shaved license plate surround, well for those who know which one I mean, it looks like it's missing something without the license plate surround there. I also like the badges on it, look too plain without them

I am thinking about doing mine in black come spring though.

The photoshops I have done look pretty sweet.

Too much bondo for me !! Hope it turns out good bro. If ur going for it, its gotta look oem, otherwise ur car would look like a cheap ricer's !!

idk, maybe i dont like the mouldings because of their purpose. lets say, you wouldnt have to worry about people hitting your car. would they still serve a purpose..other then looks or detail? its really just a rubber strip that has double sided tape on it. granted its painted to match the color of the doors, if you drive a $100,000 dollar car, yet possible, no one is going anywhere close to the car to cause damage. (at least not getting bumped by another car door) my purpose of removing them and smoothing out the doors is to create the effect of the LS becoming as luxurious looking as possible and IMO if you look at a Bentley for instance, they aren't made with door protectors, probably because they arent used for a walmart run, or the smooth look is more luxurious looking for the money,i dont have my mind made up on color yet, i want it to match the factory red tail lights (gen 1) and also the tinted amber corner, i do want it to have metallics in it though, to shine in the sun.

BTW got some GDP for the night, heres a pic people:D

picture128s.jpg

its really just a rubber strip that has double sided tape on it.

BTW got some GDP for the night, heres a pic people:D

The strip sits in an indentation and has mounting clips that go into holes in the body......It is more than "rubber strip with tape".

The "GDP" explains a lot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back