new member with a 2000 V8 LS!

TravisLS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hey and tell ya a little about the*car. I picked it up today. Paid $250. Yes $250. I threw in a large tool box with it but the guy was asking $700. The car is rough. Body is decent and interior is decent. Its got 185k and the previous owner did 8 new coils, degas bottle, water pump, rims and tires and battery. Then things went south.... the cats plugged and the muffler BLEW UP. so it runs like crap. My first thing is gutting the cats. No smog testing and until I have everything figured out its a cheap solution til I figure out exactly what ive got. All options work. Heated power seats. Disc changer. Moon roof. Everything. Im thinking with some TLC and time ill have a decent street burner.*

Welcome to LVC. Sounds like you got a good deal. Hollowing the CATs will give you the check engine light. When you are ready for new CATs, try the Eastern brand direct fit CATs. Lots of members have used them with great success. Its around $400 a set which is cheaper than one OEM CAT. Good luck with your restoration. Lots of info on here, just takes a little work to find it.

Welcome to LVC. Sounds like you got a good deal. Hollowing the CATs will give you the check engine light. When you are ready for new CATs, try the Eastern brand direct fit CATs. Lots of members have used them with great success. Its around $400 a set which is cheaper than one OEM CAT. Good luck with your restoration. Lots of info on here, just takes a little work to find it.

If I had access to a welder id put in test pipes. Lol I dont see the need for cats if thry aren't required in my state. Thats $400 towards a bumper and new mufflers. Lol

If I had access to a welder id put in test pipes. Lol I dont see the need for cats if thry aren't required in my state. Thats $400 towards a bumper and new mufflers. Lol

Is it required for you to pass an inspection without a CEL? Removing the cats would definitely cause the CEL as stated by Hite...

The engine was designed to run at it's most efficient with the cats functioning correctly. I would imagine engine efficiency will suffer without them.

The engine was designed to run at it's most efficient with the cats functioning correctly. I would imagine engine efficiency will suffer without them.
Gotcha. Well for the time being runnin with out them is better than the way they are now. Lol top speed of 30 and the fear of it blowing the other muffler apart and ripping the rest of the bumper off. Haha

No testing here either, thought about Cat delete as well. Good luck with reviving this one, got pics of it from your day 1?

IMG_20130614_175020.jpg
IMG]http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff453/buscuit88/IMG_20130614_175000.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE=RollinLS;2037299585]Welcome. Pictures are a must.[/QUOTE]
IMG_20130614_175037-1.jpg

Good luck, I was going to part it out months ago but the fella wouldn't budge on his price.

Welcome to LVC.....btw I live a hair over an hour north of you.

IMG_20121227_083415_zps53e15765.jpg

I have a few posts on this car some where.

Good luck, I was going to part it out months ago but the fella wouldn't budge on his price.

Welcome to LVC.....btw I live a hair over an hour north of you.

IMG_20121227_083415_zps53e15765.jpg

I have a few posts on this car some where.

I love the car. For the price, throw a couple hundred into making it driveable and then start making it what I want. Do you or anyone know how a pair of thrush turbo mufflers would sound?

I love the car. For the price, throw a couple hundred into making it driveable and then start making it what I want. Do you or anyone know how a pair of thrush turbo mufflers would sound?

If you're looking for cheap mufflers try checking out the Big Max by APExhaust. I picked mine up at www.performance-curve.com for $30 each. I think they sound really good for what I paid.

They have the big max right now for 20! Do u have a sound clip or could u make a sound clip? Pme ur number if u want so u could text it to me! Thanks a million!

Don't mind how the lazy guy installed them, they've since been fixed by a reputable shope. Also the 4" tips in the clip are for sale. I moved down to a 3.5" oval. I'll PM you my cell too in case you want a newer clip.

th_photobucket-44327-1332468062702.jpg

th_photobucket-3432-1313976898552.jpg

Check the CL thread....I toss up a bit of stuff from our area and others do from around the country.

Always keep an eye on ebay too.

That car seems awefully familiar. Hasen't someone else on here posted this exact same car before?

Members online

No members online now.
Back