New Member Into

s-type guy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ahoy !
New member here.
I've recently purchased a Jaguar S-type and am needing advice to sort out some problems on components in-common with the LS and, to become smarter on the commonality. Frankly, I am thinking that LS, Thunderbird and Ford people are more gear-heads and hands-on folks than the Jaguar crowd.
Hope I can be a good member of the Forum.
Apologies in advance for any violations of Forum etiquette.
S-Type Guy
Greater Chicago Metro

Welcome. What are you needs to know?

Welcome. What are you needs to know?
Hello.
Thanks.
Immediate need is to solve a shift lever issue on the 5R55N trans. Have to pull lever full back and apply a little bit of RPM to engage drive.
Recently purchased the car and am just beginning to go through it. And, have yet to check trans. fluid level. Ugh - have to go to a shop read: level elevation to have fluid level checked. Mind boggling they went through the effort to "de-configure" a dipstick. So, need to find a "friendly" shop in the Chicago Metro area with which I could work.

Regards.

I'm not sure you can even check the trans fluid on the LS. From what I know it's a totally closed system.

I'm not sure you can even check the trans fluid on the LS. From what I know it's a totally closed system.

Yes, of course you can check. You have to raise the car up and crawl under it and remove the inner drain plug (provided just for this purpose), but you can check it.
It's no more closed or open then any other automatic transmission, it just doesn't have a dipstick. It wasn't the first car without one, and there are very many now that don't have one. That doesn't bother me, but the cars that don't have engine oil dipsticks do concern me some.

Members online

No members online now.
Back