New Mark VIII Owner

enskanker

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just want to say hi and intro myself. Been on LVC for a few years as a Navigator owner.

Picked up a long desired 98 Base in June, and have lurked around the forum for a while.

Local estate car with 53,300 miles. Excellent Shape.

Just want to add I have already found alot excellent info and answers to various little problems and questions from you guys while I've been lurking...lots of good stuff. Thanks.

I may take up jamielsc97's offer on the blend door job....being I'm only 20 minutes up the road in Hudson. (Yep, no heat)

Early photo here, have since tinted windows, had a pinstripe added, new headliner, and chrome directionals. (I screwed up on those, but thats for a later post)

0627091722-1-2.jpg

Anyway, hello to all and glad to be along for the ride.

Ed

Welcome to the Mark VIII family!!! You're lucky that Jamie didn't get to that car before you, or it would be all over the U.S. and Canada by now.:p

Excellent! Welcome to the nut house! :lol:

Cant wait to see the progress pics and the new wheels. Its amazing how much better these cars look with a simple tint job. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys....

A few more shots here. My dumb mistake was to jump on some wheels on ebay and I did not notice till I was having them put on that it was three Lefts and one Right. It was my fault, they were pictured I just did'nt think to pay attention. They arrive and I throw them in my trunk Thursday to have 'em put on and never thought to check.... So then my dummy service guy has them installed backwards.

I get ready to go home from work Friday and there she sits wheels ass backwards. SO....now all I need is a nice single Right Chrome directional and a non-blind mechanic. Will have single Left Chrome 10 spoke for sale at some point.

Inside...Wood Shift knob, leather boot, wheelskin cover, new headliner w/homelink.

MARKVIII004.jpg

MARKVIII001.jpg

MARKVIII003.jpg

MARKVIII002.jpg

MARKVIII005.jpg

welcome aboard, nice car. I couldnt help to notice the custome job on that steering wheel, also the CE shifter and leather boot, nice combo.

Yeah I am diggin the leather around the shifter, did you do that or the previous owner?

+1 on the leather around the shifter.

I really do like that, also that is a very BRIGHT interior.

Nice clean car, welcome and hope you laugh as much as I do as you read through these threads.

Thanks

The leather boot around the shifter was my idea and I found a cheap SAAB boot on ebay that was an almost perfect fit. Took off the plastic OEM slide cover and PRNDL thingy and used contact cement to seal boot to underside of the wood trim.

...interior was near new, car was from estate and only driven 500 miles in past year before I purchased. One owner
single guy had the car since new and bought it right here in my area at the local dealer.

I also re-dyed the seats with dye from "Leather Renew" factory match "Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Ivory" It's a nasty color IMHO but it is in really good shape.

Your car looks great & that leather around the shifter really caught my eye - I like it. Came off a SAAB eh? I may want to copy that - if you don't mind.

For leather boot...search ebay "saab shift boot", 900/9000 series.

I picked mine up for under $10.

Members online

No members online now.
Back