New here

Welcome dude! Your car is in spectacular shape considering the mileage. Your driver's seat shows little wear considering the mileage. :D

Get a code reader on your car and we can help you figure out why the check engine light is on. ;)

yes check engine light is on

Excellent interior for that many miles :eek:

Ran by the autozone and the codes were both o2 sensors and car is running rich/lean every once in awhile. Now the check engine light has only been on for about a month but i thought it may have just been bad gas but looks like something else. Only run 93 octane so not sure on wat actions to take. My friends here in atlanta have shared the Seafoam method which im leaning towards but not sure. Also both o2 sensors have been replaced in the last yr according to previous owner but who can trust that. Lolz

Ran by the autozone and the codes were both o2 sensors and car is running rich/lean every once in awhile. Now the check engine light has only been on for about a month but i thought it may have just been bad gas but looks like something else. Only run 93 octane so not sure on wat actions to take. My friends here in atlanta have shared the Seafoam method which im leaning towards but not sure. Also both o2 sensors have been replaced in the last yr according to previous owner but who can trust that. Lolz

I ran a Injection cleaner through a tank of gas and that fixed my "Bank Lean" cell that I had. Well I reset it after I scanned it and then it never came back since I did the injector cleaning.

I ran a Injection cleaner through a tank of gas and that fixed my "Bank Lean" cell that I had. Well I reset it after I scanned it and then it never came back since I did the injector cleaning.

I haven't had any CEL's but I use the black bottle of STP injector cleaner every two to three tanks of 93 and it has always kept a very smooth idle too.

STPInjectorCleaner.gif

Replace the o2s, he could have used a cheap replacement.
Running rich is bad, a plugged cat can lead to premature head gasket failure.

Nice color combo, like your car.

Replace the o2s, he could have used a cheap replacement.
Running rich is bad, a plugged cat can lead to premature head gasket failure.

Nice color combo, like your car.

Agreed, especially with this question with a period. :)

"Also both o2 sensors have been replaced in the last yr according to previous owner but who can trust that."

Motorcrafts aren't that high from rockauto. Might not be the fix but according to you, you'll know they're new and replaced with what they should have been replaced with.

With the minor door bangs (thanks ppl @ Walmart), a softball size paint spiderweb crack on rear bumper, and 2 sun spots(1 on the center of roof at the rear window and on the passengers door. Previous owner had a high acidic perspiration issue going on) but other than that a great 180,000 mile 15 yr old mark viii.

Dude, your car looks excellent for its age. I have to honestly say, it looks like it's been pampered. 180k? Looks like the average 90k Mark to me. Sh!t, my 64k black on black exterior looks like it has double the mileage yours has. You got yourself a sweet Mark VIII. I bet that car rides as smooth as our lower mileage Marks too.

You know that car is in good condition when you have caught al of our attentions on the page. Most 180k cars that are purchased by members here are "project" cars because they need to be restored big time.

Dude, your car looks excellent for its age. I have to honestly say, it looks like it's been pampered. 180k? Looks like the average 90k Mark to me. Sh!t, my 64k black on black exterior looks like it has double the mileage yours has. You got yourself a sweet Mark VIII. I bet that car rides as smooth as our lower mileage Marks too.

You know that car is in good condition when you have caught al of our attentions on the page. Most 180k cars that are purchased by members here are "project" cars because they need to be restored big time.

Much appreciated sir on that I'm just glad to have found it.
I'm just glad I have the chance to keep her alive and looking great. I'm going for as factory as possible. But with the minor twice here and there.

Oh and yes she floats like ten cloud underneath but a dragon awaiting to crush thru the sky. It surprises me on how much HP is tucked away all that elegance.
Thanks to all for the compliments and motivation.

Much appreciated sir on that I'm just glad to have found it. Funny thing is the original owner was going to pull and sell the motor and crush it if nobody showed serious interest also because I think he just didn't want to let it go and see someone else driving it. He was attached some Lolz.
I'm just glad I have the chance to keep her alive and looking great. I'm going for as factory as possible. But with the minor twice here and there.

I have a buddy of mine who refused to sell his S-2000 to his own cousin because he wanted the car as far as possible from him. He couldn't stand seeing anyone else drive it.

As for keeping it factory? I understand. My prairie tan is just like that. I like to keep it looking elegant & not so much on the sporty side. That's what my black Mark VIII is for. :D

I haven't had any CEL's but I use the black bottle of STP injector cleaner every two to three tanks of 93 and it has always kept a very smooth idle too.

STPInjectorCleaner.gif

Picked some up today and adding to the fillip I do tomorrow afternoon after my seafoam run

Picked some up today and adding to the fillip I do tomorrow afternoon after my seafoam run
around here, QT has the best discount gas...it;s not as good as Techron or BP, but it's better than all the others...go 93, it's worth the extra $5/tank

Nice Mark! hope you enjoy your as Mark as I have enjoyed mine. Nothing but good people on the site. I have appreciated all the information from everyone. Welcome!

Members online

Back