New guy's 05 LS V6

yea, the lower you go the more critical having the right off set will be, yours definitely looks low enough to be concerned with a bad rubbing issue.

Like it a lot except for the mesh. Did you throw it right over the original grill? Personally I feel like Lincolns should have the vertical grill. That's just me though. I have seen some meshes that came out nice on here. Keep up the good work brother.

Nice LS. Like everyone else said take the mesh off the grille it looks bad. Also, if you want to lower it eibachs are your only choice with 20's. I rub on big bumps with my 20's and eibachs. I'd hate to see how bad sprint springs rub.

Agree with the mesh. If you really want a mesh grille, I have a few pieces of mesh left, cdc replica mesh as I call it.

DSC09803.jpg

4-1.jpg

cdcreplica2.jpg

I appreciate the feedback everyone. Going to be ordering a new grill next week. I like the mesh look so im going with an e&g style grill I found on ebay. Also plan on doing some modifications to get the drop im going for and still have clearance.(rolling inner fender lip and openning up the wheel wells some how a lil bit) Talked to a friend at a local shop here and he thinks he can help with that. Will keep you guys posted when I get to that point.

Agree with the mesh. If you really want a mesh grille, I have a few pieces of mesh left, cdc replica mesh as I call it.

DSC09803.jpg

4-1.jpg

cdcreplica2.jpg

Man, I love how your grill turned out. I have a two piece grill and I want to eliminate the back piece but cant see how I can do that seeing thats the part that secures the grill to the hood. Any help would be great...

Your biggest issue with rubbing with a drop and 20's will be the wheel wells. I rub at full steering lock on the front, and the rear rubs on the inside upper area of the wheel well. After you drop it run for a week or two and look for the marks on the wheel wells. You can use a heat gun and reform the wells so they don't rub as much after that. That should work, and that's my next project.

Man, I love how your grill turned out. I have a two piece grill and I want to eliminate the back piece but cant see how I can do that seeing thats the part that secures the grill to the hood. Any help would be great...

If you have a gen2 2 piece grille then you're half way there with this mod, thats the most important thing you need. The mesh just goes attached to the back of the chrome surround. The grille isn't going anywhere since the bolts are what really secure the grille. But If you really want the bottom secured too, you can epoxy 2 bolts to the bottom of the chrome surround, drill 2 holes in the bottom of the hood and presto, problem solved

what? i was being serious :shifty:, that is the only way that i can think of to keep the bolts on the chrome ;)

The bolts are on the chrome though, the bottom clips are on the waterfall. You loose the clips when you take off the waterfall but keep the bolts..

Members online

No members online now.
Back