new guy here middle tn

kritzls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, finally got me a ls after many years of wanting one. got me a 2000 ls for a steal. runs great needs some minor replacements as in cosmetics. steering wheel, arm rest, rear door panels,....ect.... small **** im slowly replacing. i my first mod was the sst shifter for my 3.9. love how it really opened up the car. and i got full function without falshing the pcm. i was excited. also changed the speedo gauge to the 2005 model look. next is the change of the interior lights color from green to blue. then prolly a nice sounding exhaust, then move to some sporty 20's with maybe a 1 1/2 inch drop. then paint. its maroon now not sure if i wanna go with a black or a darker metalic blue\

but my name is stephen and im in chapel hill, tn. just thought id say whats up.

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

Welcome...Let me know if u would be interested in a sub setup or handheld programmer for your LS. I have each at very fair price.

i my first mod was the sst shifter for my 3.9. love how it really opened up the car. and i got full function without falshing the pcm.

The SST has nothing to do with engine performance. You have D4?????

never said anything about engine performance. was just happy what i could do with the manual shift. i only have d3 and d5 as auto.

i have a decent sound setup now. thanks tho. but what is the handheld programmer about and how much?

never said anything about engine performance. was just happy what i could do with the manual shift. i only have d3 and d5 as auto.

There is no D3. There's only D5, D4 and 3,2,1. If you go from D5 to 3 you have no D4. You said:
love how it really opened up the car.

That implies that the engine preforms better. You get the same results from manually shifting from 2-3-D4-D5. Do a search and see how the computer reads the shifter.

There is no D3. There's only D5, D4 and 3,2,1. If you go from D5 to 3 you have no D4. You said:

That implies that the engine preforms better. You get the same results from manually shifting from 2-3-D4-D5. Do a search and see how the computer reads the shifter.

ok congrats uve proven who u are in the forum. the nit picking....... sorry sir i have d5 and 3rd gear(d4)...... as far as sst opening up the car. thats my opinion if that what i feel it did, then thats what i feel it did. ur opinion would be urs. def would not be calling u out on somthing as simple as that.

ok congrats uve proven who u are in the forum. the nit picking....... sorry sir i have d5 and 3rd gear(d4)...... as far as sst opening up the car. thats my opinion if that what i feel it did, then thats what i feel it did. ur opinion would be urs. def would not be calling u out on somthing as simple as that.

The car performs no better in manual shift mode than it does in automatic. In FACT, the fastest 0-60 time is in D4. 3rd gear is NOT D4. It is, in fact ONLY 3rd gear. Do yourself a favor and search the way the transmission ACTUALLY works and not your opinion of how it works.

Do you know the head transmission calibrator for the LS? I do. Want his name? Mark Kovalsky.

i have a decent sound setup now. thanks tho. but what is the handheld programmer about and how much?

Its a xcal2 with a custom LS tune on it. It will increase the performance of your car. Before I put the tune on my car, I could barely spin the tires without holding the brake down, after I installed it I could easily spin the tires. It really woke up my LS. It also doubles as a code reader so anytime u have a check engine light, u can read it from ur house instead of bringing it somewhere to have it red. I am looking for $175 to your door!!! Great price for a programmer with a tune already loaded on it for you.

welcome bud.

I always love any LS in a red color.

also what an awesome place to own an LS, there is no shortage of tight curvy roads every singe place you go! ive got a bunch of family in north AL and over in pigeon forge. and we all love to meet up in Nashville just because its a great place to have a little fun.

Welcome don't let the old ball bashing members scare you away.

If you're thinking about buying the used Xcal2 make sure it's unlocked, or that's another $150 from SCT, and plan on spending another $150 on tunes from Torrie unless your stategy code matches his tuned code. When I had mine the only way to get the stategy code was to buy the Xcal2 then use it to pull the code. I'm just trying to give you a heads up not bash balls or ruin the sale.

Thanks guys for the welcomes. I'm not worried bout that guy there's someone like that in eveforum. Tennessee has a lot of good especially in east tnup at the dragon. Good road. I'll def be interested in the handheld programmer if u could give more info about it.

Thanks guys for the welcomes. I'm not worried bout that guy there's someone like that in eveforum. Tennessee has a lot of good especially in east tnup at the dragon. Good road. I'll def be interested in the handheld programmer if u could give more info about it.

Just trying to correct your information. Believe what you want, though. Try driving in 3 and see how slow the car is off the line and what happens when you hit the rev limiter.

Yes, ENJOY the car and the ability to hold a gear in SST mode while canyon carving. It is also quite helpful descending mountain roads.

Only auto gear I drive in is d5 even when I the other shifter never went into the d3 or #4 he'll d4 didn't even work then. I just like the manual shift better for some reason feels better to me. But not saying info was correct or wrong. Just my opion it's better to me

Only auto gear I drive in is d5 even when I the other shifter never went into the d3 or #4 he'll d4 didn't even work then. I just like the manual shift better for some reason feels better to me. But not saying info was correct or wrong. Just my opion it's better to me

From my experience shifting manually does give a firmer shift than just letting the trans shift itself.

I'll def be interested in the handheld programmer if u could give more info about it.

what other info do u need? It is an unlocked xcal2 that comes complete in original package with software disc, usb cable, amd the SCT badge that comes with it when purchased new. It already has a nice, aggressive LS tune loaded on it so u can just plug and play. The parameters were left open so u can make adjustments to things to your likings. If u dont like the tune that is on it, which I am sure u will, u can just purchases a single tune from Torrie for $50. It is ready to ship when u are.

It already has a nice, aggressive LS tune loaded on it so u can just plug and play.

not necessarily...

if his strategy code is different than yours, you tunes wont load on his car.

as mentioned if this is the case, you would just need a new tune from torrie (if they are his tunes, he could probably just make the adjustment to those tunes, probably the same price)

not necessarily...

if his strategy code is different than yours, you tunes wont load on his car.

as mentioned if this is the case, you would just need a new tune from torrie (if they are his tunes, he could probably just make the adjustment to those tunes, probably the same price)

That's what I was saying. If they are his tunes he can just change the stategy code for a fee and all good.

Ok how do I figure out my strategy code. Also what would be the down fall to hooking this up I guess as wear and tear?

Ok how do I figure out my strategy code. Also what would be the down fall to hooking this up I guess as wear and tear?

Torrie can get that with your VIN. Each LS is different.

Members online

Back